• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User Rank Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
sw3g3s.png

Some of you may have noticed that your peon rank icon have changed.
This is no bug! We did this intentionally :)

Furthermore, newly registered members (initiates) will be the proud wearers of the peon rank icon until they reach a minimum post count of 100 posts.
Having 100+ posts unlocks the Grunt icon.

Be advised, that the post count currently set to 100 is subject to change.

Also, additional user ranks may be added in the future.

Currently there are no special privileges that come along with the Grunt rank icon.

Level 9
How about:

Peon - 0 - 99 Posts/Points
Grunt - 100 - 599 Posts/Points
Headhunter - 600 - 999 Posts/Points
Spirit Walker - 1000 - 1499 Posts/Points
Tauren - 1500 - 1999 Posts/Points
Berserk Headhunter - 2000 - 2499 Posts/Points
Blademaster - 2500 - 2999 Posts/Points
Chaos Blademaster - 3000-4999 Posts/Points
Rexxar - 5000-7499 Posts/Points
Custom Icon (Nyan Cat, Pacman, Sprite, Fanta, Coke, Book, etc.) - 7500+ Posts/Points
------
I have not seen (yet.) anyone with these icons. So how about it?

EDITED: Lowered the Post/Points( See my other Post ) Requirements. Added Custom Icon.
EDIT 2 : Oh yeah. Mods are Raiders, replaced with Spirit Walker

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
How about:

Peon - 0 - 99 Posts
Grunt - 100 - 599 Posts
Headhunter - 600 - 999
Raider - 1000 - 1499 Posts
Tauren - 1500 - 1999 Posts
Berserk Headhunter - 2000 - 2499
Blademaster - 2500 - 9999
Chaos Blademaster - 10000 - 19999
Rexxar - 20000+
------
I have not seen (yet.) anyone with these icons. So how about it?

Yeah im loving the idea, but for the last one it should be maybe a custom icon of the users choosing or something like that. but.. the posts may be a little off

Level 9
Yeah im loving the idea, but for the last one it should be maybe a custom icon of the users choosing or something like that. but.. the posts may be a little off

Yeah. The post maybe a little off. How about a point system?
1 Rep = 1 Point
1 Post = 1 Point
1 Pending Resource = 1 Point
1 Approved Resource = 3 Points
1 Pending Map = 1 Point
1 Approved Map = 5 Points
1 Rejected Map/Resource = -1 Point
1 Director's Cut Map = 25 Points
----
Yeah. And for the
... custom icon of the users ...

I like that. I want to see a moving pacman on my username.

Yeah. The post maybe a little off. How about a point system?
1 Rep = 1 Point
1 Post = 1 Point
1 Pending Resource = 1 Point
1 Approved Resource = 3 Points
1 Pending Map = 1 Point
1 Approved Map = 5 Points
1 Rejected Map/Resource = -1 Point
1 Director's Cut Map = 25 Points
----
Yeah. And for the

I like that. I want to see a moving pacman on my username.

This is actually very creative, this would be nice, don't know how easy it would be to implement, though.

Level 9
This is actually very creative, this would be nice, don't know how easy it would be to implement, though.

Yeah. But what if they will make it like the rep system:
If you point the cursor towards the peon/grunt/shaman/raider/Tauren Cheiftein (Hello, Ralle.), maybe it will say something like this:
THIS USER HAS 1337 Points! He/She needs 663 more points to unlock Peon Icon!

Last edited:
I would suggest having some kind of achievements. Sorta like in Sc2 but you would get an achievement for an approved map, model, skin, etc. With some of these achievements would come a custom rank that you are able to have your own rank avatar that you can choose.
I would also suggest being able to be awarded special ranks from moderators for a great recourse.
Ideas?(As this is only one, nothing else.)

Level 12
It shouldn't depend on number of posts really. That would just mean more kids spamming every single thread they see in every section with "Nice map." or "Lovely terrain.".

I'd rather 200 posts of good, well-written posts rather than 10000 posts of "Lol. nice one." or "Good job! 5/5. Hope to see more!".

Level 25
"Good job! 5/5. Hope to see more!".

And what exactly is wrong with people supporting other people with the quoted sentence for example?

You might not value them, but the person who they are appointed towards might, so let's not bring up the discussion of post worth.

Edit:

On the topic:

I guess this change isn't so bad, but as one said it might bring confusion if too much ranks were to be added.

Level 19
Good point there, but you should at least still be able to switch back and forth between the different icons you have earned. I want to be a peon, then why do I have to be a grunt just because I have posted 100+ times?

EDIT: ^Ralle, just what I thought :)

Magtheridon96 said:
Why would they give you a personal icon out of request?
The idea behind it was giving people of certain groups or members of existing and accepted Hive groups (I don't know, people who have access to Medivh's tower etc.) specified icons. If you don't understand what the part meant, I can clarify things with VMs rather than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.