• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit attacks too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello everyone.

In the current map i'm making, i've placed some units with a custom model. All of a sudden, the unit has started to attack way much faster than normal. It attacks even so fast that the attack animation sometimes stops halfway. I've used this units in multiple maps and in the other maps happens the same, although i didn't change anything.
Does someone know what the problem could be?

Level 21
Make sure both of these fields are set up correctly:

Combat - Attack x - Animation Damage Point
Combat - Attack x - Animation Backswing Point
Have you thought about checking your triggers and the unit's abilities and agility points (if it's a hero)?

If you can't get the animation to work properly you should probably attach (or link) the model.

Level 13
Make sure both of these fields are set up correctly:

Combat - Attack x - Animation Damage Point
Combat - Attack x - Animation Backswing Point
Have you thought about checking your triggers and the unit's abilities and agility points (if it's a hero)?

If you can't get the animation to work properly you should probably attach (or link) the model.

I've checked it but it didn't help. I gave the unit the same stats of a troll headhunter to compare. My custom unit is attacking way faster. I've added my map to this post so you can see what i mean. My custom unit is located in the southwest corner of the map. It would be great if someone could check it for me.

Attachments

• Map2 Dead man walking.w3x
    313.8 KB · Views: 18

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
It's an issue with the model. The unit isn't attacking any faster, it's just looping it's attack animation which lasts about 1.00 second.

This gives the appearance that the unit is attacking faster but it's attack projectile still only launches once every 2.310 seconds (headhunter base attack cooldown).

I'm no expert on modeling but I'm pretty sure all you just have to do is edit the model and untick "Looping" from the Attack Animation.

You can do this using one of the many modeling tools available or request someone to do it for you in the Requests forum.

Level 13
It's an issue with the model. The unit isn't attacking any faster, it's just looping it's attack animation which lasts about 1.00 second.

This gives the appearance that the unit is attacking faster but it's attack projectile still only launches once every 2.310 seconds (headhunter base attack cooldown).

I'm no expert on modeling but I'm pretty sure all you just have to do is edit the model and untick "Looping" from the Attack Animation.

You can do this using one of the many modeling tools available or request someone to do it for you in the Requests forum.

Thanks for testing. I'll contact the creator of this model to alert him of the bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.