• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Triggered Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Triggered Attacks [Solved]

Ok, so as what the title says, I was looking for a way to make some unit attacks with trigger. Maybe the example below will explain more about it.

Example:

I'll take a passive spell for this.
Multi-attack
When attacking, have 17% chance to instant attacks current target again, dealing 80% of your damage.

So the main problem is, how to i make the target instantly attacks once? The damage part can be done using the damage detection engine i have in the map.

Someone help me please, I've seen someone've done this before.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Level 17
Ok, so as what the title says, I was looking for a way to make some unit attacks with trigger. Maybe the example below will explain more about it.

Example:

I'll take a passive spell for this.

So the main problem is, how to i make the target instantly attacks once? The damage part can be done using the damage detection engine i have in the map.

Someone help me please, I've seen someone've done this before.

Thanks in advance

why dont just trigger the damage like this

• Animation - Play DamageEventSource attack animation
  • Unit - Cause DamageEventSource to damage DamageEventTarget, dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
if i understand well then its like chance for 2x hit the target instead 1, something like this maybe enough else u must order the unit like
  • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack Once (Attacked unit)

Level 10
Thanks for that. I'd managed to get the unit to hit twice.

Edit: MY solution is, I make a dummy ability that increase attack speed by 500%(glove of haste item ability) then give this ability to the unit and issue 'Attack Once' command to it. After that, in the following attack, I remove the dummy ability, so the speed will last one attack only. This might not be the best way, but it worked.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

Last edited:
Level 17
Thanks for that. I'd managed to get the unit to hit twice.

Edit: MY solution is, I make a dummy ability that increase attack speed by 500%(glove of haste item ability) then give this ability to the unit and issue 'Attack Once' command to it. After that, in the following attack, I remove the dummy ability, so the speed will last one attack only. This might not be the best way, but it worked.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

but why dont just make animation for imitate that attack? or use a timer or wait in Damage Detection System and then make trigger damage again ? :p

Level 10
shadowvzs said:
but why dont just make animation for imitate that attack? or use a timer or wait in Damage Detection System and then make trigger damage again ? :p
The reason I don't uses wait or timer is because that we can't sure what exactly the unit's attack speed is. And for the triggered damage, it doesn't have the orb effect stuff. Through we can done all that in trigger, why don't let the system to handle it, it's much more simpler and faster.

@Space Ship, Adiktuz: Thanks for the information. :)

Thanks guys, +rep for all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.