• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TToR 1.28 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, without ever finding the right people for permission I updated the Tales of Raviganion Warcraft III mod to run on Patch 1.28. I am a fan of the mod who was inspired by it a decade ago, not somebody who created it or contributed to it.

Anyway, if you stick this updated one I made in your Warcraft III folder on Patch 1.28 with the name "War3Mod.mpq" then Patch 1.28 will automatically load this mod.
And, it appears to be compatible with the current live Battle.net system. As far as I know, the only component of the game that was not working was the AMAI system, which has no equivalent for Patch 1.28.

I created this a while ago in case I ever wanted to play it with friends, however it has never been played. But it was a non-zero amount of effort to update to run on the modern patch.
So, I came to ask, is this something I should release to the community -- would anybody want it? If anybody ever wanted it, I could probably release it to give it to the community... But like I said, I didn't have permission to make it.

Attachments

• TTOR128.png
    TTOR128.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.