• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting any 1.28 patch exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello.
I successfully managed to update a different warcraft3 on my pc to 1.27b but i desperately need a 1.28 patch, or better, the latest 1.28 patch.
I scrambled ALL of google searching for a War3TFT_128_English.exe but i found nothing and all of the links have been removed.
The warcraft setup launcher updates the game directly to the latest version so i don't need that.
Has someone the exe in his computer to send me, PLEASE? I NEED that version back!
Thank you!

Level 28
Blizzard no longer makes standalone/offline patchs for Warcraft 3 ever since 1.28. That patch is nowhere to be found on the internet. The best you can do is to ask someone who has Warcraft 3 on patch 1.28 to send a copy of it to you.

P:s : I don't know if that method would work since now all updates require CD-Keys...

Level 20
Thanks, i found yesterday evening a 1.28 copy on an upload site while searching once more over google, even more deeper into the results.
So now i have two wc3 in the computer, one 1.28 and the other with latest update.
I hope what i'm doing is right to fix my problems. If i'm right it's going to be showtime.

Level 10
Thanks, i found yesterday evening a 1.28 copy on an upload site while searching once more over google, even more deeper into the results.
So now i have two wc3 in the computer, one 1.28 and the other with latest update.
I hope what i'm doing is right to fix my problems. If i'm right it's going to be showtime.

Please man, do you have the 1.29 version ? the sounds in the lastest one (1.30) is BUGGED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 1
Hello everyone. I am not sure if anyone is going to respond, but i have to try...
Do anyone have this patch 1.28 or 1.29 (I am not sure any more which one is current)
If so, could you please send me the patch?

Level 29
For all dudes.
There's a whole thread in this forum for all Warcraft 3 versions before Blizzard turned it to Reforged. You might want to write there or maybe a moderator will lock this thread there.

Some important notes before starting the game on 1.28 or higher:
1.Version 1.28 or higher has all data (Maps/Campaigns/Replays/Screenshots) stored in "Documents/Warcraft III" instead of the actual game folder. Saves are located in "Users/[USERNAME]/Saved Games/Warcraft III".
2.Make sure you start the game using "Warcraft III.exe". The other executables won't work, especially the Launcher, which auto-updates the whole game files to Reforged. Also, don't hit "Battle.net" button because it will give you the same result.
For 1.31, it is best to delete the Launcher or just add a Firewall exception for "Warcraft III.exe" to prevent further update notifications.
3.For 1.28 users: Be sure to download the Fix. 1.28 uses an old format for the save games folder (proper slashes instead of backslashes).
4.For 1.31 users: Be sure to change the language or else you'll get an infinite black screen bug. It's located in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3". Take a look on the string called "Locale".
5.For 1.31 users: It is possible to start the game without CD-key authentication prompt. See this guy's post for a detailed information. That way, you won't get the "Cannot find appropriate CD-keys" error again.
6.If you want to use World Editor for both Reforged and Classic, you might need this tool or just delete the thing called "Tool Window" inside "WorldEdit" key.

Status
Not open for further replies.