• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Question about Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm kind of a newbie with the World Editor, but I was wondering a few things...

How do I know what version the WE is compared to the version of Bnet? I sometimes switch between patch 1.26a and the recent 1.28 patch's for different servers, but I feel like my WE is the same either way?

Are maps compatible with 1.26a and 1.28 equally? I mean obviously, if my map is based on 1.26a then all my unit balance is outdated for 1.28, but aside from that they all seem to work just fine either way.

Will newer balance changes get added the World Editor? Are any new planned/rumored patches coming to the WE?

Level 11
All versions of the world editor are compatible with bnet. The game is backwards compatible for all but a very small set of things you almost certainly won't run into in a normal map. If you make a map with 1.26a, it will run on the latest 1.28.

Balance changes are probably still a long ways off. They seem to be gearing up toward releasing their remastered version (yet to be officially announced but certain to come in the future). Right now they're mostly just updating things for modern OS compatibility, fixing a few longstanding bugs, and generally cleaning up the code behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.