• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should i Upgrade 1.26a Completed Map to 1.30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I've been working on a map since the 1.26a patch and i'm wondering whether i should upgrade it to 1.30 or leave it at 1.26a. The project has been 100% completed using the 1.26a patch and it works fine on all patches above 1.26a.

The way i see it, it's better to import the 1.26a version of my map rather than the 1.30 one. I mean in my situation i don't get any advantages of the 1.30 patch rather than enhancing the decoration of the tileset with 8 more tiles and it's not like i need 24players or any of the other WE improvements.

Also, there are plenty of people still using the 1.26a patch. So, if i upload the 1.26a version of my map all players with the 1.26a or higher patch will be able to play the map but not the other way around.

On top of that, i heard that you can't protect 1.30 maps. Is that true?

Please share your thoughts and let me know what you think.

Thank you.

Level 28
Well, some maps made with the early patches might not work on the latest patch even if all seems fine in your version. I personally experienced this situation in my campaign where it crashes for people on 1.30. I spend like 3 weeks or so to solve the issue. Your scripts may look just fine for you but they are not working fon the others. So yeah, it's better to upgrade your map version to 1.30 to avoid this kind of troubles. Alternatively, you can upload seperate versions of your map (1.26 and 1.30) so that people on the early patches would benefit as well.
On top of that, i heard that you can't protect 1.30 maps. Is that true?
I'm not highly sure but W3x2Lni v2.4.6 may work (I didn't try it though)

Status
Not open for further replies.