1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Sverkerman, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lowe I would like you as the lore maker in my new project.

2. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love to if you think that's a good idea you already know pros and cons about me so I gues you've thought this through anyways if you want me I'd gladly join.

Edit: And since Hagge is no longer in the picture we dont have a problem any more :) (No offense Hagge)

3. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm.............. OH MY GOD

4. Kunfury

Kunfury

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Sverkerman, I can be the coder, I'm probably not as good, actually I'm definately not as good as hagges but I could be of some use to you.

5. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's fun to see that people are willing to join :)

6. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kunfury add my skype, I wish to speak with you.

Also isn't anyone else interested in joining aswell? I mean it is a pretty good deal you got here if you wish to join a serious Director's Cut map making team. Even if your experience is low it can be needed!

Cmon guys I still need a photoshopper!

7. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont know if he is eager to join a bigger project but if I would like to see anyone be our photoshoper it would be AL0NE he's as I said earlier a blessed miracle whn it comes to these things, you should ask him it's beter then just sit and wait.

8. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I can manage a website. Also i guess i can help with lore and idea's.

9. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Website I think Aikola handles and it seems like we have enough lore writers however if Sverker feels diffrent you should join.

10. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A Tale of Adventure
    Game:
    1: Cinematic.
    2: Play as Light and survive in the forest.
    3: Grow up.
    4: Build up your reputation.
    5: Claim your revenge upon the killers of your parents.
    6: Next game

1:
    The cinematic starts by showing how light and his family lives peacefully in the forest. It will show partnership, love, cooperation and how hard it is to live inside the untamed forests far beyond Ravenholdt. His parents then gets killed by soldiers from Ravenholdt but Light manages to escape deeper into the forest.

2:
    Heat, water, food and sleep will be the stats which you need to provide Light with. We will add a lot of variables to surviving while playing Light such as:
    *Is the water drinkable?
    *Can I eat this carcass?
    *Can I sleep here?
    *Is this eatable?
    *Will this do as building material?
    etc…

Your mission while playing Light as a child is to survive until he grows up which will happen about approximately after 45 minutes of game play.

3:
    When he grows up his mission will be to gain reputation within the nearest town which he thinks is the cause of the death of his parents. This is where the actual campaign begins. You gear up, train yourself within a profession, choose who to treat as friends and who to treat as enemies, complete quests, gain reputation with different factions and so on.

4:
    There will be loads of different factions inside the game. Each faction has its benefits. Some factions hate each other and can even be at war. In this case you will lose reputation with the faction which is at war with the one that you help.

5:
    The main goal with the game is to claim your revenge upon the killers of your parents. They are soldiers wearing the tabard of Ravenholdt so you assume that they are there. Once they are killed (which requires a lot of gear) you will gain information about the town being controlled by a giant monster which forced Ravenholdt to claim the forests. Once he is killed he mentions on his death bed that he also was controlled by someone. It will continue like that until the last boss is defeated and you win the game.

6:
    We will create a follow-up series.

Systems that we will use:
    *Full screen inventory system.
    *Profession talent tree.
    *3rd person camera system.

Other notes:
    *80% of the environment will be interact able.
    *Each faction will have its own tabard.
    *All houses will be enterable (We will NOT use some kind of teleport system to a hidden area which will symbolize the insides of the house, the houses will simply be enterable.)

Staff:
    *Project Leader (Design + Terraining) – Sverkerman (1 person)
    *Photoshopper 2D Art (Loading screen, Custom UI, Mouse, Map, Map preview, Additional art) - ?, ? (2 persons)
    *Lore (Story, how things are connected) – Lowe (1 person)
    *Coder (Full screen inventory system, Interact system, 3rd person camera system and more) - ?, ?, ? (3 persons)
    *Beta Testers - ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? (10 persons)

11. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I am better then aikola... :/ my own words tough

12. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  13. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you can see what we need here and if you're not intrested of being a coder or photoshoper you can always be a beta tester. We need beta testers so if you have played alot of games know what to expect know what other games have done good and bad and want to come with helpfull suggestions how to improve the game please report.

Edit: Veware that it can take a while before you have something to Beta test but in our eyes you will be just as an important member of the team as anyone else.

14. Ayrayen

Ayrayen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Happy to se that the development is going so well :)
    +rep !

15. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This project has been terminated, so I don't really get what you meant by your post...

16. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    He is making a map making team.

17. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    terminated?