• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

801.1.jpg

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)

Total Map View

Nollen Pier (Start)

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)

Rune System

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Bugfixes said:
•Fixed Stun system
•Fixed bugs in almost all classes
•Fixed hero information and hero bar
•Fixed missing sounds
•Fixed certain buffs having the wrong color

Additions said:
•Added miniboss and elite spawn system
•Added special miniboss themes
•Added dynamic player based difficulty
•Added boss slayer rewards
•Added unit sounds
•Added magic attack modifiers
•Added class specific weapons (still more to come!)
•Added new items

Changes said:
•Updated stage 0-2
•Changed hero soundsets
•Changed healing system to allow negative healing debuffs
•Changed Paladin model and primary ability
•Reworked unit spawn system and semi-random unit abilities
•Reduced the amount of exp given by units in the first stages
•Rebalanced most items and item costs
•Reduced monster hp bonus from difficulty

Removed said:
•Removed most memes

Known Bugs said:
•Damage and Speech text has the wrong Font (unfixable, you have to restart the map)
•Slow from Attack modifier is permanent
•Some FX is shown too short, because it is instantly cleaned up (especially smileys and splatter)

Needs Feedback said:
•Lighting Level brightness

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
Level 2
FYI- The reason why you unable to load is due to invalid code or different name. You must use back the same name when you saved. If you change name and play, you definitely will not be able to load. I wonder it there a guide for tomb of jarahcon? As i just played this game recently (around few weeks) and i learn a lot about this game. Is it certain stage/map doesn't have secrets? because i unable to find secret on certain stagemap.

My code is correct (Hmmm...) But what do you mean by different name? I'm using the same account (Bluefire_Redsea) as i'm saving and loading. This applies for every rpg game style I play, and it works for those games. What do you mean by Change your name and play?

I've tried looking for a guide, can't find one. :(

is it whenever you try to save and load, or did it just happen one time?

however, it might be because of some recent wc3 patches that have changed some internal stuff on the code (for example... i cant play any maps :D)
and this map is old and i can not guarantee that is still working

yep.. it should be like that
you will notice it, if the clergys are very low level and all other chars are high level

there is a big difference and its about when the penalized classes are level 24, the other classes are like level 31

I mean like...I type -save, the previous game and then when I enter my next game, I type -load >Code< (It is the correct code). For some reason It wont just load, :(. Maybe it is the internal stuff to due with the code and recent patches, who knows.

Thanks for both of your responses.

Level 2
My code is correct (Hmmm...) But what do you mean by different name? I'm using the same account (Bluefire_Redsea) as i'm saving and loading. This applies for every rpg game style I play, and it works for those games. What do you mean by Change your name and play?

I've tried looking for a guide, can't find one. :(

I mean like...I type -save, the previous game and then when I enter my next game, I type -load >Code< (It is the correct code). For some reason It wont just load, :(. Maybe it is the internal stuff to due with the code and recent patches, who knows.

Thanks for both of your responses.

For eg. I play by using ABC as my name. then i have to load the code with the same name the next time i play. otherwise, i am unable to load. Since you are using the same account, I have no idea of what is the problem. There may be due to recent patches perhaps.

Level 2
For eg. I play by using ABC as my name. then i have to load the code with the same name the next time i play. otherwise, i am unable to load. Since you are using the same account, I have no idea of what is the problem. There may be due to recent patches perhaps.

I'm using the same account...There hasn't been a recent patch lately (Except for the blizzard patch like 1 month ago)...Hmmm, Oh well, props to the creator those. Sucks I can't load ;(

Level 3
im not so sure about any load code failures though. im still using 1.24e for hosting in garena servers. :)

if i have time i might make a guide to this game ^^ IF i have time. IF. I.F.

Level 2
im not so sure about any load code failures though. im still using 1.24e for hosting in garena servers. :)

if i have time i might make a guide to this game ^^ IF i have time. IF. I.F.

Erm, do you know about how to do the ancient map quest? Thats the only remaining quest that i unable to complete as well as 4 ppl quest.

Level 3
Erm, do you know about how to do the ancient map quest? Thats the only remaining quest that i unable to complete as well as 4 ppl quest.

the ancient map quest i have yet to solve it. its not clickable, and i think its used in the later parts of the game. as for the 4 ppl quest, please specify.

Level 2
the ancient map quest i have yet to solve it. its not clickable, and i think its used in the later parts of the game. as for the 4 ppl quest, please specify.

4 ppl quest is a quest obtained in the sophia area. The book will not always spawn. It means at least 4 ppl to do the quest. Another one will be bloody skull quest in the spectre boss area.

Level 3
4 ppl quest is a quest obtained in the sophia area. The book will not always spawn. It means at least 4 ppl to do the quest. Another one will be bloody skull quest in the spectre boss area.

the book quest has 2 types. one is the part whereby you go into some forest and fight scorpion king. then, find the stone with the sparkly aura surrounding it to use. the book should say about some woods. it should transport you to either some defend game(green forest) or dead end(purple forest), depending which type of forest you go. 2nd type is when you have the pheonix quest. there is another stone there. sorry if its too brief. too long never play.
And as for the bloody skull, one must obtain BOTH tiny altar AND the bloody skull, WITH 4 people and above. Then, you can click the skull, which transports you to somewhere. won't give any clues, but beware of the boss. its good if you have lightning mage with your party, he is creep controller and a nuker.

Level 8
the book quest has 2 types. one is the part whereby you go into some forest and fight scorpion king. then, find the stone with the sparkly aura surrounding it to use. the book should say about some woods. it should transport you to either some defend game(green forest) or dead end(purple forest), depending which type of forest you go. 2nd type is when you have the pheonix quest. there is another stone there. sorry if its too brief. too long never play.

+ some others

And as for the bloody skull, one must obtain BOTH tiny altar AND the bloody skull, WITH 4 people and above. Then, you can click the skull, which transports you to somewhere.

Level 2
hmm, but i think if you *do it right* it will show the message... (if the msg works)

it just means you have not found where you can enter the secret area ;)

So you mean that the problem is lie on the location of the secret area in which I haven found and not due to the number of ppl required to do the quest? I am playing in a group of 3. :X

Level 2
And as for the bloody skull, one must obtain BOTH tiny altar AND the bloody skull, WITH 4 people and above. Then, you can click the skull, which transports you to somewhere. won't give any clues, but beware of the boss. its good if you have lightning mage with your party, he is creep controller and a nuker.

I'm pretty sure that The book quest found in sophia area (forgot the name of the quest) is clickable. I'm just lack of people. Or you mean that you can do the quest when u click in the areas you just mentioned.

Level 3
I'm pretty sure that The book quest found in sophia area (forgot the name of the quest) is clickable. I'm just lack of people. Or you mean that you can do the quest when u click in the areas you just mentioned.

yes, you can do the quest when you click the book at the areas i have mentioned, providing you have:
1) cleared all mobs for that stage
2) have the required items(the rune, obviously[for book quest])(skull and tiny altar for skull quest)
3) have AT LEAST 4 people in your party(leavers DO NOT count)

Level 2
yes, you can do the quest when you click the book at the areas i have mentioned, providing you have:
1) cleared all mobs for that stage
2) have the required items(the rune, obviously[for book quest])(skull and tiny altar for skull quest)
3) have AT LEAST 4 people in your party(leavers DO NOT count)

oic, thanks for your info. I guess the only remaining is the ancient map quest. The description is hardly understandable. It sucks :ogre_rage:

Level 8
oic, thanks for your info. I guess the only remaining is the ancient map quest. The description is hardly understandable. It sucks :ogre_rage:

well, i dont remember it :D but it was the first secret stage i added

and.. tbh its a really weird one and meh, i was about to spoiler this :D but :X i wont tell you now
unless.. you really really want me to - then i will also tell you where to get in that stage:ogre_hurrhurr:

yes thats it. but, how do you get the toj mod to work? i cant seem to run it as they kept asking for the cd, even though i had the cd put in. :(

it always seemed to work just for me, but i didnt notice until i had it done
- replacing 90% of the models, a lot of the textures and some other cool stuff and adjusting all standard models to be different (because of replacing model files) and resizing them so look acceptable in both modes

anyway, you can download the "mod", open it with a MPQ editor, extract all the files to your hard drive and then somehow find a way to import them into your wc3 ;)
like you edit the war3x mpq :D
it was everything this mod did anyway (temporary ofc)

Level 2
well, i dont remember it :D but it was the first secret stage i added

and.. tbh its a really weird one and meh, i was about to spoiler this :D but :X i wont tell you now
unless.. you really really want me to - then i will also tell you where to get in that stage:ogre_hurrhurr:

I will be extremely grateful if you would tell me where to get into that stage. :3
Btw, the rank of demigod doesn't have any additional special effect? I think either heroic or destroyer. You can have three special effects. And then, thats the end of it no matter how high your rank is. I reach demigod edi (took quite some long time though XD) Definitely a nice map. Hope there will be another map similar like this. =D

Level 8
I will be extremely grateful if you would tell me where to get into that stage. :3

uhm... i dont remember what that stage was called, but its the shop you get to after the first village ... from there you go to stage 7,8 and 9.. and the secret

Hope there will be another map similar like this. =D

no ;)
all projects canceled, because wc3 is too old and sc2 is too... meh

Level 2
uhm... i dont remember what that stage was called, but its the shop you get to after the first village ... from there you go to stage 7,8 and 9.. and the secret

so you means it is the 2nd village. since there is only two village. and the entrance is suppose on the south west? i try on each side but nothing happend. anyway thanks for ur info. i may try search for it. the secret area will be dead end if not mistaken. fighting the big giant tree like boss.

Level 5
Really awesome game. The terrain and atmosphere is just amazing. The gameplay is very good too. I love the detail you put into into this map. It's an excellent rpg, one which requires alot of teamwork to win.

Level 8
Good News!

I found the JNPG special version on my old computer and opened the unreleased WIP ToJ 1.18 version and it worked!
Then I ported it onto my laptop, but it didn't work there first, because it seems i am missing those weird script files, BUT i will look after that soon

I can't promise anything and it's an old version of wc3, but i will try to make it work for the current patch and my laptop

What can this mean? I might possibly take up development on ToJ again, but i need 2 things for that

1. I must want it... (not much you can do here..)
2. You must want i! So please post a comment here if you want me to continue ToJ

EDIT: okay, this does not look good here
I just can't get it running on my laptop!
I copied the entire warcraft folder from my old pc to my laptop and tried to open the map, but it doesn't work
anyone got an idea for it?

EDIT 2:
ok, got it now
had to disable EGUI and then enable it again.....

Last edited:
Level 1
Cbx you're our only hope!

CBX plz continue your map is awesome!!! ToJ rocks! PLUS : All the ORPG mappers made their maps and left it...Like Gaias Retaliation it was a great ORPG but then it's maker stopped and quitted the project..So if u continue you might be one of the most famous mappers around!! And if you want help I'm FULL of ideas :D and might help a bit with other stuff ^__^ Hope this supports u a bit

Level 3
CBX plz continue your map is awesome!!! ToJ rocks! PLUS : All the ORPG mappers made their maps and left it...Like Gaias Retaliation it was a great ORPG but then it's maker stopped and quitted the project..So if u continue you might be one of the most famous mappers around!! And if you want help I'm FULL of ideas :D and might help a bit with other stuff ^__^ Hope this supports u a bit

!!!!

Level 1
I really appreciate that you are considering to continue to improve your map.
I just created an account in order to motivate you in that matter. I already like this map alot and would be happy to see further versions and improvements.
Best regards Schaf

Level 1
Wow this looks really beautiful. Should this represent some kind of "The jaws of hell" ? I wonder if monsters come out of it or you should dare to enter it :p

Level 8
Please continue, it's an awesome and fun map. Can't wait for more updates! :D

I don't think that i will release more than one update and maybe one bugfix, but it will be a big one with a lot of stuff changed (and it might take some time).

However, I will post updates on an irregular basis

Updates for now

I remade the critical system, but i still have half of the stuff to do there

I added Bash, Knockback and Cripple as stacking attack modifiers (eg. you got a skill that gives you 20% bash chance and 1 second duration and you have an item with 10% bash chance and 2 second duration will result in 30% bash with 3 second duration) Imba or not?

Currently I'm remaking the attributes and their calculation. All units will have a percentage based magic damage reduction and a flat value physical damage reduction (in addition to the percentage based armor). Im uncertain if I will add a flat magic damage reduction, because that will render some spells basically useless?
I added Leadership that gives you extra Leadership points and it also increases the Level of the Leadership aura (I think i should add some more effects to this)
And I also added Perception to the Ranger and removed his Wisdom attribute instead. Perception gives you additional Field of View and attack range
While doing this is also reduced all Heroes FoV and the Rangers basic attack range

Oh and I remade the Hero Information Multiboard to reflect all those hero values and more like Ability damage and their chances to proc special events (like the Firebolt..)

hero_information.1.png

I just noticed the Assassin has way to many high stats

Planned is a proper Inventory System and I will remove some Heroes that are not really fun to play like the Blacksmith, but also all Heroes will get a remade Ability set

Last edited:
Level 1
It's just an idea/suggestion: You could also add some kind of dextery game/even during a boss fight to add more variaton between the fights.

Furthermore you could publish some kind of beta game start/test and there might come some volunteers to beta test this map in order to improve the balance.

Level 8
And how is the progress?

Not much since the last time i posted here, I was busy playing Dragon Age Origins :ogre_hurrhurr:

I'm trying to get the damage systems to work properly (like magic damage was reduced by 11% instead of 10%), but i think i will have that done soon.
E: done
Some spells do physical damage now and thus they work with attack modifiers (like lifesteal) and the spells that do magic damage do not work with those attack modifiers... maybe i will add some spell modifiers too...

I have rewritten all quest item descriptions and i will also do that to all hero abilities and some other weird texts ingame like quests or messages.

The spell damage formula needs to be adjusted, because right now it is just too powerful
E: i got one that seems better, but maybe still a little too weak, but i hope it will even out with the reduced cooldowns of all spells
the new formula is this:
spelldamage*(level*base+level*stat)*damage factor
could look like this for psyon force (does not include bonus damage based on mana)
1.40*(5*30+5*25)*0.2 = 77

E2: i am doing this and other balance to make the game harder.
the effect i am aiming at is this:

wizard:
can use spells more frequently than before, but need more casts to bring enemies down. i think it just sucked to have 20 seconds cooldown on electro nova and cone of cold and in that time you just use fire bolt and attack..
to make casters balanced in terms of damage, most spells will have additional effects as some spells already have.
arcance wizard will have a new spellset

assassin, fighter:
cooldowns are good already, but in later game your attack was never really the main source of damage, but instead spells were.
their spells will now do physical damage and add attack modifiers for a better scaling and overall not feeling like melee casters
can also be abused as physical damage tanks later in the game... maybe..

ranger:
a mix of physical and magical spells.
more utility seems to be needed
marksman will be removed/recycled

holy clergy:
is now even more supporty :D but also deals more damage than before
what i plan is that he can restore mana or silence, give a great single target heal/damage, medium aoe heal/damage, buff the dps classes (unchanged), revive with permanent boost to hp
inferno clergy will be removed

paladin:
hmm, what was planned for him?
basically just his heals will be changed and that one hammer ability that sucked way too much
crusader will be removed

blacksmith:
will be removed from the game or made into another hero

shaman:
might also be removed or made into another hero

druid:
summons need to last longer on low levels and shorter on high levels and they will also be stronger in combat, because they will be able to deal crits based on the druids attributes etc.
he needs more utility, because his heal was kinda lame, the earthen bolt ability and natures rage ulti also seem very much disliked
i think i will merge both druid classes

barbarian:
will become a very tanky dps character type
fury barb will be removed

Well, actually i already said too much now, but i wont delete this now^^

Last edited:
Level 13
Ah, I suppose that makes sense. You could nerf his damage or rework him or something, though? I massively prefer crusader's playstyle to the other characters right now, and I would be a sad panda playing this if he were to be removed completely. :/

Level 13
I found all of his skills fun, except for the lame single target one, iIrc. Haven't played in a while courtesy of my inability to host. >_>