1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. [Revised as of 12 July 2017] Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Group up and create a Warcraft hero based on a member of the Hive and win up to 100 rep and a rank icon. Enter the team contest now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Music Contest #8 Results are out! Congratulate the creators of Hive's coolest soundtracks!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The results for Mini-Mapping Contest #14 is up! Congratulate the winners here!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

Submitted by CBX Entertainment
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
[​IMG]

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

Screenshots (click to enlarge)

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

[​IMG]

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)
[​IMG]

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)
[​IMG]

Total Map View
[​IMG]

Nollen Pier (Start)
[​IMG]

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)
[​IMG]

Rune System
[​IMG]

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)
[​IMG]

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gCiyTNMtIM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raU8arZlwUs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ki2ezJTau8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIFHX4kNgPo

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Changes Test Version May 2013

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
  1. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have played this map year ago...
    Its best roleplaying game I have had ever played, I highly recommend to play this map 5/5

2. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks Lotk (aka WarpSlayer) and Good Luck

Well, I have to say that, thanks to LotK, ToJ will commence development and will surely become much better with his efforts put to task on a map that I simply didn't have the time that Toj deserved.

Thank you LotK, for continuing ToJ.
    A map that many, I am sure, will enjoy.
    Including me tonight after I consume some herbal tea (winkwink,nodnod).

- - - A few hours later - - -

Good stuff LotK, loved the fog changes, makes each stage look even more unique.
    In single player there's to much time between waves (it was like that when I gave permission, but it was something I never got around to doing (among other things and those other things you have done an awesome job at fixing :D)).
    On stage 3 the ceiling light is a bit to bright. tone down the intensity a bit, or even better, try and make it a dark red so it fits more satisfyingly with the visual theme of the stage terrain.

And fix the credits (theres no need to thank yourself! LOL)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  3. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map!

Although it's pretty annoying people who just start are always so annoyingly stupid sometimes -.-

4. baboolaba

baboolaba

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm this map is a good one

5. thewrongvi

thewrongvi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, really good RPG.

Good job Xenoche and LotK, both of you!

6. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1) Terrain - Nicely done, I must congratulate the author for it.

2) Sound - Please set the sound back to normal. The current sound was soo annoying that it gives me a headache.

3) Hotkey - Ability hotkey was working fine, but where is the hotkey for the rest of it? Item, learning ability and other doesn't seems to have it.

4) Detail - All necessary detail was provided, good work.

5) Balance - Tested this at single player to check it out before moving it to multiplayer, I have to said it was well balance at singleplayer. At multiplayer, you should tone down the amount of waves. It was still to difficult even at normal mode especially for newbie player at multiplayer mode, I team up with a bunch of new player and the entire party was overrun at stage 2 because they are not familiar with the game style and also due to the shortage of team (4 player only). It wasn't easy to get a full house for this map since nobody are familiar about this map yet.

6) Fun/Replayability - I was having quite a fun playing it, but more additional unique feature into it would make it much better.

Overall, this map was indeed a good quality map and almost at the edge of 5/5 (Highly Recommend). A few more adjustment to the balance, tone down the amount of waves and sound, fix the hotkey and adding more unique feature into it would definitely makes this map worth it.

Right now, it was good. But still not at the top performance, if a comparison was to be make. The Chosen One by Aeroblyctos are much fun; however this map are still recommended to all fans lover of rpg genre map.

7. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The sound (for reasons unknown) echoes.
    To remedy that you can uncheck '3d positional audio' under War Crafts sound options (I dont notice a difference with it unchecked anyway, so I leave it off).
    If anyone knows why the echo occurs that information would be greatly appreciated.

Losing because your unfamiliar with the game is inevitable (like any game, even Chess has this problem).
    However, whenever I host with random people they tend to want a remake once they get the hang of it, and enjoy the challenge, instead of getting steam rolled :p

Thanks for the fair review and I'm sure LotK will do a fine job.

8. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I know. But at my place, apart from DotA. Any other game that are well made, but not popular have the tendency of not getting it in full house.

I recommend a implementation of Training mode or Easy, to enable new user to familiarize with it. Although it isn't a problem for those who read description, but it was better to have 1 for a complete illiterate person.

I play with some illiterate people and they have the tedency of keeping a item that are not suit to their class.. :O

9. baboolaba

baboolaba

Resources:
    Resources:
    aye the map is rather difficult unless you get a full house of intelligent ppl which is a massive bitch to get due to close minded ppl sticking to dota and a few other mainstream maps(good maps just over hosted) thus causing more uniqe maps such as this to be ignored by all save for a few who venture out to try a new map

10. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yea, it was quite a shame for this situation to happen.

11. Psf_Kurt

Psf_Kurt

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    nice game but:
    Please fix sound, gives terrible headache

ive got a question, how do u get out of stage 1?

12. thewrongvi

thewrongvi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LOL :grin: :xxd: That's funny, sorry.

Top-right corner. Walk there with your party leader.

13. Psf_Kurt

Psf_Kurt

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really liked the map. 4/5 due to sound issues, otherwise 5/5.
    I've played with some guys on battle net, it was really nice, and it incurages teamplay (weapon upgrades). We got to stage 9 i think, but clerig got d/ced and we died at druid of dead (some big archimond black boss). to bad my lvl33barbarian-tank couldnt hold him.
    ;)

14. WarpSlayer

WarpSlayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    lets have a wank :D
    any feedback with the new version..?

15. Lord of the Korn

Lord of the Korn

Resources:
    Resources:
    blah blah blah

16. LotK

LotK

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh snap!

17. Skargoth

Skargoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Scenario ---> Map Options ---> Uncheck Custom Sound Environment

(Psychotic Sound Environment causes echoes.)

18. F4te

F4te

Resources:
    Resources:
    really a nice map - really nice terrain, cool spells and everything fits in the world

thumbs up

5/5