• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

801.1.jpg

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)

Total Map View

Nollen Pier (Start)

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)

Rune System

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Bugfixes said:
•Fixed Stun system
•Fixed bugs in almost all classes
•Fixed hero information and hero bar
•Fixed missing sounds
•Fixed certain buffs having the wrong color

Additions said:
•Added miniboss and elite spawn system
•Added special miniboss themes
•Added dynamic player based difficulty
•Added boss slayer rewards
•Added unit sounds
•Added magic attack modifiers
•Added class specific weapons (still more to come!)
•Added new items

Changes said:
•Updated stage 0-2
•Changed hero soundsets
•Changed healing system to allow negative healing debuffs
•Changed Paladin model and primary ability
•Reworked unit spawn system and semi-random unit abilities
•Reduced the amount of exp given by units in the first stages
•Rebalanced most items and item costs
•Reduced monster hp bonus from difficulty

Removed said:
•Removed most memes

Known Bugs said:
•Damage and Speech text has the wrong Font (unfixable, you have to restart the map)
•Slow from Attack modifier is permanent
•Some FX is shown too short, because it is instantly cleaned up (especially smileys and splatter)

Needs Feedback said:
•Lighting Level brightness

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
Level 3
This is a great map. I really enjoy playing through this with my friends and I can't really find any negatives about it, except for the massive leader point loss. I suggest lowering the percentage loss to 33% or 25%. 50% is just so painful.

Also..there's a minor bug, where you can pick a character, use points to raise wisdom, repick, and the wisdom points you used will have carried over.

Level 3
Well, I have to say that, thanks to LotK, ToJ will commence development and will surely become much better with his efforts put to task on a map that I simply didn't have the time that Toj deserved.

Thank you LotK, for continuing ToJ.
A map that many, I am sure, will enjoy.
Including me tonight after I consume some herbal tea (winkwink,nodnod).

- - - A few hours later - - -

Good stuff LotK, loved the fog changes, makes each stage look even more unique.
In single player there's to much time between waves (it was like that when I gave permission, but it was something I never got around to doing (among other things and those other things you have done an awesome job at fixing :D)).
On stage 3 the ceiling light is a bit to bright. tone down the intensity a bit, or even better, try and make it a dark red so it fits more satisfyingly with the visual theme of the stage terrain.

And fix the credits (theres no need to thank yourself! LOL)

Hhahahahahahah i laughed so hard at this post, notice how after the tea he starts noticing all the colors and shades :D hahehehahh :thumbs_up:

Level 5
I have found something realy imbalanced, if i play it in singleplayer, then i can load in multiplayer, i played half an hour on single, and i have about 9000000000 points(=demi-god) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please fix it

Level 1
This is a great map. I like it a lot and played it many times.

I got 1 suggestion: when I'm hosting this map, many ppl left after downloading. I think this is because they saw the preview picture (flaming skull) after dl, which is not interesting and says nothing about the map. So it's a bad impresson. The preview pic have to be some interesting and impressive screenshot from the map which tells the player exactly what he can expect.

Level 8
I got 1 suggestion: when I'm hosting this map, many ppl left after downloading. I think this is because they saw the preview picture (flaming skull) after dl, which is not interesting and says nothing about the map. So it's a bad impresson. The preview pic have to be some interesting and impressive screenshot from the map which tells the player exactly what he can expect.
its defenetly not the minimap that makes people leave

they leave for random reasons... most guys on bnet are randomers and so the do random things, like joining a game just to download or sth..

the preview is great as it is and a screenshot of the game would just ruin it
the way it is not is pretty unique and i will keep it that way :)

unless someone can make a reeeaaaly great preview ;)

Level 1
the new ranger subclass is slightly bugged.
when i try to buy a weapon upgrader for her, she doesnt get anything =/ the gold amount decreases as it should but i dont get the upgrader.

Level 1
I love this map but no one host it anymore :'( I really love this

I do host this map a lot.:grin: A friend and I keep playing this, every time with different characters. :thumbs_up:

I've found something though: the new markmanship class is cool with the push back skill, but I was killing a boss in a dungeon near rocks and it died behind the rock. So we couldn't reach the quest item... So have to remake. :wink:
It's not really a bug, we just have to be more carefull. Oh the boss was the ice kotg spirit btw. :xxd:

Level 4
I do host this map a lot.:grin: A friend and I keep playing this, every time with different characters. :thumbs_up:

I've found something though: the new markmanship class is cool with the push back skill, but I was killing a boss in a dungeon near rocks and it died behind the rock. So we couldn't reach the quest item... So have to remake. :wink:
It's not really a bug, we just have to be more carefull. Oh the boss was the ice kotg spirit btw. :xxd:

On which realm??:grin:

Level 3
Like: Terrain,quests(especially that you can choose betwen two quests paths),hero abilities,stats system,story,bosses,item system!

Disslike:Visibility is to dark,cursor sucks because cant point spells very well,also there is bug when you play tomb of jarachorn and then want to play another map you must restart warcraft or there will be war3 error,also when played with 1.24a and not 1.24b patch there is probability that you will get error!

Level 8
thas called "athmosphere"
ya :D
well its pretty easy imo =O
ya :D you get used to it after a while...
the only 'problem' is that you get a feedback from the warcraft cursor.
so you play like this: press a spell hotkey and wait for the feedback (cursor change) and hit the target

but after a while you will get used to have no feedback about that and go like
press a spell hotkey and just hit target

Level 1
Font and cursor make this map so awesome, so imo don't remove it :) BTw, what is going with levers in the stage with some zombies? I had play this version twice times and still the same. Bug? Maybe. I don't know. Please check it. thx for the greates rpg map :)

Level 3
Hello. I've got one problem: There are some letters which i can't read/are really strange.
As an example, i've got an strange letter which is something like an j or J but only an little line down, what is that for a letter?

Level 1
were stuck at the phoenix boss coz it has this 'evil aura' which regens it's hp waaaaay faster than we can dps it.

Level 13
It's possible with 3 people on any mode - a good combo is ranger, crusader and clergy. Got to stage 10 with those.

Oh, that was on Nightmare mode.

Level 12
Checklist
[√] Proper Description?
[√] Deserves a real review?
[√] Would anyone even want to play it?
[√] Map Size is proportional to quality?
[√] Does it function properly? (leaks, lag, crashing, etc)

If any of these are unchecked, then the rest of the review will not be available.
Basics
Terrain: 9/10

Gameplay: 8/10

Polish: 10/10

Replay Value: 9/10 (Up from 7)

Purpose: 8/10

Total Points: 44/50
Rating
4/5

(The Formula for rating is total points / 10 out of 5
Thumbs Up or Down?*
If total points < 30, then vote for Rejection.
If total points > 30, then no vote.
If total points > 35, then vote for Approval.

mod_yes.png

*Note that I may choose to over-ride this system and vote accordingly.
Final Words
This is a really nice map that deserves all the attention it is receiving. :)
Will I play this again?
Yes
Note: Please ask before using this template, and you can also PM me for the whole text template if you're lazy like me. Last updated 11/22/09

Last edited:
Level 2
Not really. If you look at it, then you'll see that you go through the same dungeons and stuff again, and face the same final boss.

Purely opinion though. :wink:

sry dude, but you are totally wrong... you DON'T go through the same dungeons, like u said ... if u play through the map the first time
u can't get all dungeon... coz its random which dungeon u have to rule!

so?... u have to check ur replayability review :thumbs_up:

Level 13
You go through different dungeons in different rounds. For example the fire/frost spirit. The forest has two different terrains: There are many different areas to reach through the ancient telebook too. It's impossible to reach all areas in one playthrough, unless you are epic hax.

Level 1
finished 1.15 with ravager + fighter combo. vine wall = epic win against bosses and combo slash critting 5k each strike. roflcakes xD