• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

801.1.jpg

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)

Total Map View

Nollen Pier (Start)

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)

Rune System

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Bugfixes said:
•Fixed Stun system
•Fixed bugs in almost all classes
•Fixed hero information and hero bar
•Fixed missing sounds
•Fixed certain buffs having the wrong color

Additions said:
•Added miniboss and elite spawn system
•Added special miniboss themes
•Added dynamic player based difficulty
•Added boss slayer rewards
•Added unit sounds
•Added magic attack modifiers
•Added class specific weapons (still more to come!)
•Added new items

Changes said:
•Updated stage 0-2
•Changed hero soundsets
•Changed healing system to allow negative healing debuffs
•Changed Paladin model and primary ability
•Reworked unit spawn system and semi-random unit abilities
•Reduced the amount of exp given by units in the first stages
•Rebalanced most items and item costs
•Reduced monster hp bonus from difficulty

Removed said:
•Removed most memes

Known Bugs said:
•Damage and Speech text has the wrong Font (unfixable, you have to restart the map)
•Slow from Attack modifier is permanent
•Some FX is shown too short, because it is instantly cleaned up (especially smileys and splatter)

Needs Feedback said:
•Lighting Level brightness

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
Level 2
Super map, no complains, except that sometimes people drop out by crit error.

And one question, maybe it was asked before, but could you change the fact, that it might be possible, that players can save more than just once?

Level 2
Level 8
Just as mentioned the only 1 time save system is bad.
So if you feel bored, you might change that.

well, some versions ago you lost half of your LB when you died. and so saving once only prevented that you save every stage in case you die

anyway, the map is free to edit and i can upload the 1.18 wip version here, but its still a lot to do :p
(wanna remake most heroes? have fun!)

And it would be great if you could make this mod for sc2, this would be 1 more reason to buy sc2.

:)

Level 2
Just leting you know, I looking forward to that.
At the moment I dont play PC games at all, but I guess I gonna play again a little if SC2 with good mods came out.
thanks for continueing!

Level 1
hello all. we are at the last boss. and after we kill him, he res. We cant find the spell what with we suppos to banish him, can any body help us?

(Shaman + BS r totaly kick ass)
PS the game is on pasue so plz hurry
PS.2 just love this map, very nice :) gj man :)

Level 1
Uhmm what does Unlocked Ancient knowledge mean when i loaded my code im now a conqueror and i want to know the least of ranks from Greenhorn to .....??? thanks

Level 8
the link for the unprotected map don t work anymore anyone can re upload it ?

I could, but you also need JPNG special edition, which some raging admin deleted from here...

I don't have it anymore..

so... if you have it, i'll reupload the map :p

Uhmm what does Unlocked Ancient knowledge mean when i loaded my code im now a conqueror and i want to know the least of ranks from Greenhorn to .....??? thanks
It means you can now view all runewords in the quests (runes are available in hardcore mode)

Can't tell you the ranks now, because I forgot them :p

Level 2
:goblin_boom:
erhhh anyone know the walkthough for the place attack by Orcs? ( starting few map quest )
after clearing the quest.. it just doesnt move to the other map...

Level 3
I could, but you also need JPNG special edition, which some raging admin deleted from here...

I don't have it anymore..

so... if you have it, i'll reupload the map :p

It means you can now view all runewords in the quests (runes are available in hardcore mode)

Can't tell you the ranks now, because I forgot them :p

the last rank is demigod. i have one with over 1 milion points [avid gamer FTW]:grin:

:goblin_boom:
erhhh anyone know the walkthough for the place attack by Orcs? ( starting few map quest )
after clearing the quest.. it just doesnt move to the other map...

you will have to depend on the quest given to you.

PORTAL (right side): lightning orb, fire demon, ice demon, getting the book to demons, nurg lair

TOP: the key for the sun god or something. i totally forgot. :x

LEFT: to go to the next place after getting the tablet from the woman

TIPS: lightning mage is good if you pumped wisdom and willpower AND chain lightning so max wisdom and willpower first. then pump his base damage. DONT pump first skill and third skill until later on when you get to lvl 22. ONLY pump third skill after lvl 35.

Level 1
1 question. It is said that "same class have experience penalized" and "holy clergy is vital". Then I shouldn't have Inferno and Holy in the same team?

Level 2
Great map! I love to play this type of RPG (Or whatever you would like to call it).

One problem those: For some reason I type -save, screenshot & write down/save my code for the future, and the next time I want to play the game...It won't load correctly. I type -load >Code Here< and for some reason, it won't load my character. Big downfall for me. If anyone can help me out; it would be greatly appreciated. Also; I don't need a troll saying shit like "YOMAN YOU NOOB". Just asking for help... lol...

Level 8
One problem those: For some reason I type -save, screenshot & write down/save my code for the future, and the next time I want to play the game...It won't load correctly. I type -load >Code Here< and for some reason, it won't load my character. Big downfall for me. If anyone can help me out; it would be greatly appreciated. Also; I don't need a troll saying shit like "YOMAN YOU NOOB". Just asking for help... lol...

is it whenever you try to save and load, or did it just happen one time?

however, it might be because of some recent wc3 patches that have changed some internal stuff on the code (for example... i cant play any maps :D)
and this map is old and i can not guarantee that is still working

1 question. It is said that "same class have experience penalized" and "holy clergy is vital". Then I shouldn't have Inferno and Holy in the same team?

yep.. it should be like that
you will notice it, if the clergys are very low level and all other chars are high level

there is a big difference and its about when the penalized classes are level 24, the other classes are like level 31

Level 2
FYI- The reason why you unable to load is due to invalid code or different name. You must use back the same name when you saved. If you change name and play, you definitely will not be able to load. I wonder it there a guide for tomb of jarahcon? As i just played this game recently (around few weeks) and i learn a lot about this game. Is it certain stage/map doesn't have secrets? because i unable to find secret on certain stagemap.

Level 8
FYI- The reason why you unable to load is due to invalid code or different name. You must use back the same name when you saved. If you change name and play, you definitely will not be able to load. I wonder it there a guide for tomb of jarahcon? As i just played this game recently (around few weeks) and i learn a lot about this game. Is it certain stage/map doesn't have secrets? because i unable to find secret on certain stagemap.

it IS certain that there is not a secret in every stage :ogre_datass:
as far as i remember...
and some secrets might even not work :p

Level 2
it IS certain that there is not a secret in every stage :ogre_datass:
as far as i remember...
and some secrets might even not work :p

Ruins are part of secrets aren't them? Each time i found these ruins, secret + 1 (beside attribute points) And one more thing about runes, i cant imbue the rune to the boot of haste (the name shud be like that) even it mentions that can have 2 slots. Since ruins are hp bar hidden, does the orb of crystal reveal them?