• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

801.1.jpg

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)

Total Map View

Nollen Pier (Start)

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)

Rune System

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Bugfixes said:
•Fixed Stun system
•Fixed bugs in almost all classes
•Fixed hero information and hero bar
•Fixed missing sounds
•Fixed certain buffs having the wrong color

Additions said:
•Added miniboss and elite spawn system
•Added special miniboss themes
•Added dynamic player based difficulty
•Added boss slayer rewards
•Added unit sounds
•Added magic attack modifiers
•Added class specific weapons (still more to come!)
•Added new items

Changes said:
•Updated stage 0-2
•Changed hero soundsets
•Changed healing system to allow negative healing debuffs
•Changed Paladin model and primary ability
•Reworked unit spawn system and semi-random unit abilities
•Reduced the amount of exp given by units in the first stages
•Rebalanced most items and item costs
•Reduced monster hp bonus from difficulty

Removed said:
•Removed most memes

Known Bugs said:
•Damage and Speech text has the wrong Font (unfixable, you have to restart the map)
•Slow from Attack modifier is permanent
•Some FX is shown too short, because it is instantly cleaned up (especially smileys and splatter)

Needs Feedback said:
•Lighting Level brightness

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
Level 3
CBX Entertainment, I being having problem while playing 1.16 with my friend through LAN by using LAN cable.

when one of us choose the mode (easy mode), our wc3 both get stuck. = ="
Is there any solution?

Level 15
ill vote def hope it gets pretty high.

EDIT:
after playing ive found 2 bugs.

^ Holy clergy [inferno]'s 4th spell holy inferno of ash-tysari's hotkey doesnt work.
^ on the stage where you must find the tome of knowledge for democles the ice one. once i found the tome and had the potion we couldnt get out the items are unclickable and i walked on every foot of ground in that area. plz fix had a good team going on mayhem :(

Last edited:
Level 4
When my mate tryed to revive me from the NPC , warcraft crashed.
Me and my mate had some codes from 1.15 or 1.14 i think and we couldn't make them load.We did both of the -load and -load2 commands but nothing.Our score was pretty high so can you give us any solutions?

Level 2
hey, I was playing 1.7b and our team couldn't progress past the infinite knowledge quest. We had the book, but Democles wouldn't talk to us.

Level 13
I was wondering...

Since a cool bot is up, I've decided to start playing this again, I stopped after I got a new computer.

Sadly, I forgot to keep files from the last one, so I lost all my short stories and codes.

I'm pretty sure I had something like 8250 or 8225.

Level 13
what would you guys think, if there would be a somehow... more evilish character? like a necromancer style one

would'nt really suit to the mega-good-part-kills-super-evil-demons style of the map

TBH a summoner type sounds cool.

Besides, a necromancer isn't any worse than a barbarian. Barbarians randomly kill people while necromancers raise dead people as servants. I'd say the barbarians are more evil than the necromancers :p

Level 8
Besides, a necromancer isn't any worse than a barbarian. Barbarians randomly kill people while necromancers raise dead people as servants. I'd say the barbarians are more evil than the necromancers :p
wtf lol

aaand, what would you think about some changed game mechanics?
•criticals on spells and on normal attacks (atm its just one crit thing)
•a new stat (called charisma) that increases the amount that is healed and maybe some other things, that can come along with a new inventory system
•a new inventory system
•some more creep ability or diversity (always good!)
•changed ratio of how much spelldamage is added
like: a multi-hitting spell will get less bonus from spelldamage and/or base damage (which will be named different maybe)
•some spells deal damage based on attck power and some on magic power
•changed critical rate and damage with calculating agility

Last edited:
Level 13
1. What?
2. Charisma in its normal context would reduce item costs at shops :p
3. Sure, if it's not messy and complicated.
4. Of course!
5. But that'd NERF US! D:<
6. Sounds cool. Culling Blade attack power pleez ^_^
7. What?

Level 8
the progress for now:

did the maths
reworked the wizard.. he was able to hit for 12k crits with firebolt :p
what will be changed on him?
firebolt: now applies a DOT and armor reduction (-> the crits), when exploding (old effect was just epic damage). still fires 3 bolts, when you got the ancient item. damage factor: 120%, 45 damage per level

electro nova: (should) purge enemies and maybe shoot some chainlightnings (dealing int based damage), when you got the ancient item (atm its 25% damage increase). damage factor: 75%, 20 damage per level

cone of cold: greater slow duration, slow duration increases by 3 seconds with ancient item, can freeze enemys, when a critical hit is performed. damage factor: 60%, 25 damage per level

hex: duration now based on rapidity, AoE on skilllevel. duration increases by 3-5 seconds, when you got an ancient item

psyon force: got some issues with the graphics, because warcraft does only show one wave out of 5, when a dummy is casting this. might just do the effect with triggers...
anyway: deals now damage based on wisdom and 10% of your current mana (maybe some more with ancient item). damage factor: like 10-20%, damage per level was 30 i think..

ok, so what does damage factor mean?
its one of the changes. it is basically a factor, telling you how much of your base damage is added to the spell
(base damage is something calculating your base stat, willpower and weapon skills)

Level 11
i played map 5 times- 3 times got to last boss - 2 times pwned him xD
its kinda hard to kill it and most anoying are those summons of him cause he can really mass them a lot rofl still "the magic word spell" is so funny xD at 1rst time (its taken from tenecioud d right?xD) and btw whats highest rank and whats points needed for them

Level 8
Updates for now:

I really need a good idea, what cool effect the wizard ancient item could add to his ultimate (psyon force)

however, the wizard is complete... just the frozen effect on cone of cold is missing (and the ult thingy)

assassin is changed aswell, but some ancient item linkings are missing

killer blow:
it stayed as it is

flash combo:
you now hit 3 different targets in melee range, each time dealing more damage

dagger throw:
you throw a dagger that bounces and hits up to 50% of ability level targets (this also hits units twice or more)

blinkstrike:
now uses rapidity

concentration:
when you use it, you get 1% per skillevel of your total willpower added as critical multiplier and additional 3% crit chance per level

about the ancient item i thought about something with posion (in general) that gets applied to your weapons and so to your attacks
but this could be used for another assassin class aswell.........................

new item idea: crystal armor (maybe ancient?)
something with like 25 hp/s; 100% increased manaregen and 15-20 armor, but about 60% reduced movement speed

Level 15
wow... i just wrote more than whats above this post and when i clicked send it it told me couldnt open webpage so its not here anymore... FML
well in the post i just was giving 3 item ideas.
dark amulet.
light amulet.
combined amulet.
when combined together the result takes the good stats from each amulet and the user receives them.
for example: dark amulet: +200 health -10 regen.
Light Amulet: -200 health +10 regen
Combination: +200 health +10 regen

Level 8
i don't really like (dota like) recipes
some item and another turn into a totally different one o_O kinda odd to me

but i will see what can be done :p

i just had a fucking brilliant idea, after posting the post above today
making the shops sell class items
it makes sure that you get a random item that your class can use
not like just any random rare or w/e item