• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

801.1.jpg

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)

Total Map View

Nollen Pier (Start)

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)

Rune System

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Bugfixes said:
•Fixed Stun system
•Fixed bugs in almost all classes
•Fixed hero information and hero bar
•Fixed missing sounds
•Fixed certain buffs having the wrong color

Additions said:
•Added miniboss and elite spawn system
•Added special miniboss themes
•Added dynamic player based difficulty
•Added boss slayer rewards
•Added unit sounds
•Added magic attack modifiers
•Added class specific weapons (still more to come!)
•Added new items

Changes said:
•Updated stage 0-2
•Changed hero soundsets
•Changed healing system to allow negative healing debuffs
•Changed Paladin model and primary ability
•Reworked unit spawn system and semi-random unit abilities
•Reduced the amount of exp given by units in the first stages
•Rebalanced most items and item costs
•Reduced monster hp bonus from difficulty

Removed said:
•Removed most memes

Known Bugs said:
•Damage and Speech text has the wrong Font (unfixable, you have to restart the map)
•Slow from Attack modifier is permanent
•Some FX is shown too short, because it is instantly cleaned up (especially smileys and splatter)

Needs Feedback said:
•Lighting Level brightness

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
Level 5
Thanks Lotk (aka WarpSlayer) and Good Luck

Well, I have to say that, thanks to LotK, ToJ will commence development and will surely become much better with his efforts put to task on a map that I simply didn't have the time that Toj deserved.

Thank you LotK, for continuing ToJ.
A map that many, I am sure, will enjoy.
Including me tonight after I consume some herbal tea (winkwink,nodnod).

- - - A few hours later - - -

Good stuff LotK, loved the fog changes, makes each stage look even more unique.
In single player there's to much time between waves (it was like that when I gave permission, but it was something I never got around to doing (among other things and those other things you have done an awesome job at fixing :D)).
On stage 3 the ceiling light is a bit to bright. tone down the intensity a bit, or even better, try and make it a dark red so it fits more satisfyingly with the visual theme of the stage terrain.

And fix the credits (theres no need to thank yourself! LOL)

Last edited:
Level 31
1) Terrain - Nicely done, I must congratulate the author for it.

2) Sound - Please set the sound back to normal. The current sound was soo annoying that it gives me a headache.

3) Hotkey - Ability hotkey was working fine, but where is the hotkey for the rest of it? Item, learning ability and other doesn't seems to have it.

4) Detail - All necessary detail was provided, good work.

5) Balance - Tested this at single player to check it out before moving it to multiplayer, I have to said it was well balance at singleplayer. At multiplayer, you should tone down the amount of waves. It was still to difficult even at normal mode especially for newbie player at multiplayer mode, I team up with a bunch of new player and the entire party was overrun at stage 2 because they are not familiar with the game style and also due to the shortage of team (4 player only). It wasn't easy to get a full house for this map since nobody are familiar about this map yet.

6) Fun/Replayability - I was having quite a fun playing it, but more additional unique feature into it would make it much better.

Overall, this map was indeed a good quality map and almost at the edge of 5/5 (Highly Recommend). A few more adjustment to the balance, tone down the amount of waves and sound, fix the hotkey and adding more unique feature into it would definitely makes this map worth it.

Right now, it was good. But still not at the top performance, if a comparison was to be make. The Chosen One by Aeroblyctos are much fun; however this map are still recommended to all fans lover of rpg genre map.

Level 5
The sound (for reasons unknown) echoes.
To remedy that you can uncheck '3d positional audio' under War Crafts sound options (I dont notice a difference with it unchecked anyway, so I leave it off).
If anyone knows why the echo occurs that information would be greatly appreciated.

Losing because your unfamiliar with the game is inevitable (like any game, even Chess has this problem).
However, whenever I host with random people they tend to want a remake once they get the hang of it, and enjoy the challenge, instead of getting steam rolled :p

Thanks for the fair review and I'm sure LotK will do a fine job.

Level 31
Losing because your unfamiliar with the game is inevitable (like any game, even Chess has this problem).
However, whenever I host with random people they tend to want a remake once they get the hang of it, and enjoy the challenge, instead of getting steam rolled :p

Yeah, I know. But at my place, apart from DotA. Any other game that are well made, but not popular have the tendency of not getting it in full house.

I recommend a implementation of Training mode or Easy, to enable new user to familiarize with it. Although it isn't a problem for those who read description, but it was better to have 1 for a complete illiterate person.

I play with some illiterate people and they have the tedency of keeping a item that are not suit to their class.. :O

Level 3
aye the map is rather difficult unless you get a full house of intelligent ppl which is a massive bitch to get due to close minded ppl sticking to dota and a few other mainstream maps(good maps just over hosted) thus causing more uniqe maps such as this to be ignored by all save for a few who venture out to try a new map

Level 31
aye the map is rather difficult unless you get a full house of intelligent ppl which is a massive bitch to get due to close minded ppl sticking to dota and a few other mainstream maps(good maps just over hosted) thus causing more uniqe maps such as this to be ignored by all save for a few who venture out to try a new map

Yea, it was quite a shame for this situation to happen.

Level 4
Really liked the map. 4/5 due to sound issues, otherwise 5/5.
I've played with some guys on battle net, it was really nice, and it incurages teamplay (weapon upgrades). We got to stage 9 i think, but clerig got d/ced and we died at druid of dead (some big archimond black boss). to bad my lvl33barbarian-tank couldnt hold him.
;)

Level 3
Scenario ---> Map Options ---> Uncheck Custom Sound Environment

(Psychotic Sound Environment causes echoes.)

Level 1
really a nice map - really nice terrain, cool spells and everything fits in the world

thumbs up

5/5

Level 2
I LIKE IT,minor bugs ,like the sound XD anyway 4/5

P.S.

PUT A SINGLEPLAYER MOD XD XD
CUZ I CAN'T FIND ANYONE AT 12 IN THE NIGHT
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
P.S.

PUT A SINGLEPLAYER MOD XD XD
CUZ I CAN'T FIND ANYONE AT 12 IN THE NIGHT
Thank you.

hmmm there won't be a sp mod... no way... there is no AI and normalerwise u can't handle the map without 2-3 players in there... sooo if u don't use cheats... u 've to play with a bunch of other guys!

EDIT:btw why cant the 1st player take the blacksmith??

öööörm u've to know, that the blacksmith char is only available with a chance of 25 percent... kind of bonus char ;)

Level 1
öööörm u've to know, that the blacksmith char is only available with a chance of 25 percent... kind of bonus char ;)

ah okay...
btw u just made 2 posts but i know u r german =P

uhm...whats up with that ancient map btw?
i had 28 wisdom and i couldnt read it...neither one of the other mates with more wisdom...

also,that one skill of the assa is kinda overpowered(dont know the name...but he did like 19k dmg =OOO)

and the ancient pala staff doesnt make your attack do holy dmg(if its meant to be to your normal attacks)

Level 2
wut? sry but i 've to destroy ur wrong idea... i'm from Croatia :D
(but in the evening i visiting a german laguage school in ZAgreb hehe)

the ancient map... u've to handle it like a key... there is no way to 'read' it... u can reach with it the ancient city, if u carry it in ur inventory :D (the 'Gates' to the city u've to find at ur own :p)

the assassine skill... well... the dmg depends on a variety of facts... call it 'luck' that the char did such an imao crit strike :)

huh? doesn't working? hmmm LotK will check this out... thanks for ya suggestion

Level 1
wut? sry but i 've to destroy ur wrong idea... i'm from Croatia :D
(but in the evening i visiting a german laguage school in ZAgreb hehe)

the ancient map... u've to handle it like a key... there is no way to 'read' it... u can reach with it the ancient city, if u carry it in ur inventory :D (the 'Gates' to the city u've to find at ur own :p)

the assassine skill... well... the dmg depends on a variety of facts... call it 'luck' that the char did such an imao crit strike :)

huh? doesn't working? hmmm LotK will check this out... thanks for ya suggestion

well then your main language is german("öööörm" and "normalerwise" are everything else then english ;D)

hm which town? the first or the second(if u can call this a town...)??

well he had enough luck to deal such an uber dmg =O

kay ;D

Level 10
Well SP might be possible if you make abilities what decreases hp, dmg and etc. and with triggers do it, though since you spawn monsters, it might be pain in ass to add bonus actions for that SP difficulty over all those spawns. But Since I don't know your triggers, I can't really tell how hard or easy it could be.

Level 4
wow.. this is fuking stupid...

NO ONE HOSTS this on Bnet.
you cant play on SINGLEPLAYER

and u can play online by urself.

yea so much fun....
gay

Level 1
Well SP might be possible if you make abilities what decreases hp, dmg and etc. and with triggers do it, though since you spawn monsters, it might be pain in ass to add bonus actions for that SP difficulty over all those spawns. But Since I don't know your triggers, I can't really tell how hard or easy it could be.

guess it would be easy with auras wouldnt it...?
i suck at wc3 programming but i think this could be the easiest way

Level 2
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not. But the level "Valley of Kings" Is completely impossible, in fact, I move that it be renamed to "Valley of Holy Fucking Centaur Swarm of Death".It's a bit longer, but it really gets the point across better. It's pretty much *OK guys, we got boned on level select, time to RM*.

Lets see if I can't cover WHY that level is impossible shall we?

Point 1: If anyone dies, it's game over, this is indeed a kicker of a problem.
At first, one might simply say : Well don't die!!! But WAIT!!! This is level 3, so casters still have pretty much no HP. So they are vulnerable to taking Dmg!!

Sure, one may suggest that you simply protect the casters from the ungawdly army of centaur gayness, alas this is not to be. A great many of the centaurs have IMPALE, which happens to do a SHIT TON of dmg. Literally one shotting casters.

Point 2: There are like 14000 centaurs on that stage (only minorly exaggerated, most of the map is filled with centaur). There are no ways to bypass said centaur, and they basically swarm the shit out of you until you either A) Run out of mana/hp or B) Kill your entire party with spikey stabbity impaling death. This is in fact, not cool.

Point 3: This map might have some semblance of beatability (doubtful) If it was later in the game, after you sayyyy had a chance to buy some items.... or something.... but NOooOOOooo, the only items available to you before this nightmare of a level are uncommon mystery items (which, with the exception of the lucky charm, are complete crap)

And so I say unto you. This level needs a nerfing. Now, my friends and I play this regularly, but sometimes we get a noobycake in the game and he gets assigned host, and inevitably picks easy mode even though we tell him not to. So please, fix this gawd awful level lest we be doomed to a thousand deaths at the hands of noobs picking easy (which is in fact impossible because of that fking valley of kings level)

As an aside: Other then that nightmare that is the "Valley of Kings", I absolutely love this map. If anyone ever wants to play. I play on US East as Kupownage. Send me a whisper and I'll host!!!

Level 2
guess it would be easy with auras wouldnt it...?
i suck at wc3 programming but i think this could be the easiest way

well the problem with that aura stuff is that the global auras kinda suck... and the local one's didn't work that way we (LotK and me) wanted...
but thx for idea... so when LotK is back ->holiday<- we will see how we could fix it

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not. But the level "Valley of Kings" Is completely impossible

how many players u've got with you? And on which difficulty u tried it?
(LotK and me handled the lvl on Nightmare... so I can't understand why u shouldn't be also successful)

Point 1: If anyone dies, it's game over

?! u failed coz only ONE of u died? no way! u fail if all chars die and not earlier.

Sure, one may suggest that you simply protect the casters from the ungawdly army of centaur

indeed.

A great many of the centaurs have IMPALE, which happens to do a SHIT TON of dmg.

Try an easier difficulty :p

Point 2: There are like 14000 centaurs on that stage (only minorly exaggerated, most of the map is filled with centaur). There are no ways to bypass said centaur, and they basically swarm the shit out of you

Hint: U've to camp with ur party at the start point. Don't rush forward coz if u do so more and more centaur will spawn...
Kill the first 'wave' then go forward and kill the next wave til u reach the cave

Point 3: This map might have some semblance of beatability (doubtful)

The map is beatable... only thing i can say: Choose an easier difficulty, no double chars, a full party and an healer sammy :p

Now, my friends and I play this regularly, but sometimes we get a noobycake in the game and he gets assigned host, and inevitably picks easy mode even though we tell him not to.

so u failed on EASY MODE? at the third stage? lol... *no comment* xD

As an aside: Other then that nightmare that is the "Valley of Kings", I absolutely love this map. If anyone ever wants to play. I play on US East as Kupownage. Send me a whisper and I'll host!!!

Maybe I will visit u there soon :)

Level 2
You misunderstand completely. The map is a req on easy difficulty. And I would assume it's bugged on that difficulty level. Yes, if anyone dies, it's game over. The spikes from centaurs one shot casters, and even camping at the start, there are still several hundred centaurs that come at once. This is with a FULL party of experienced players. The level is glitched or I wouldn't mention it. The only time this is an issue is on the EASY difficulty, personally I've never seen the map show up on any other difficulty, and I've played quite a bit.

Try it out on easy and you'll see what I mean, to my knowledge that level is unbeatable on easy. Hell, if you give me a time of day you want me to show you, I'll host it for you and show you how ridiculous that level is.

Level 1
Point 1: If anyone dies, it's game over, this is indeed a kicker of a problem.
you just fail if your healer/only tank dies...
the rest isnt that important to survive...

Point 3: This map might have some semblance of beatability (doubtful)
so why did me and my friend beat the map very easily on our first try with JUST 2 PEOPLE??? even after this i was playing with full house of newbies and we only died at that level with the tons of flame elementals n stuff(cant remember which level it was)

i cant even remember that centaurs cause we mostly crushed every map =O

Level 1
hm tried it again at the new version...
are some maps not avaiable for 2players?
i tried to get into the cave at lvl 1 but nothing happened.
btw the spawns at that inferno level(with the fire elementals and the burning ancients) really need longer intervalls.
they almost spawn at the same time, letting you no chance to recover a bit =X
combined with their disablers they rape alot heroes easily =O
give them a much longer intervall...at least in easy mode

Level 8
hm tried it again at the new version...
are some maps not avaiable for 2players?
yes indeed
btw the spawns at that inferno level(with the fire elementals and the burning ancients) really need longer intervalls.
they almost spawn at the same time, letting you no chance to recover a bit =X
combined with their disablers they rape alot heroes easily =O
give them a much longer intervall...at least in easy mode

maybe this will be considered, because i failed 2 times at that level now, but it was more the fault of noobs who summoned the boss instantly i guess

Level 4
Hey really cool map now :thumbs_up:.
You really improved it. I know the older versions of it with much bugs!

In the version i played 1.05 i only found 1 bug... we killed the last boss in hell and nothing happend at all ... no victory message, cinematic etc.

Greetings
Kill3rbeast

Level 3
I just played it on b.net ,some one hosted it
:D now i see it here
one thing that was goin´ nuts.
WHY can i see the damage of other players :S?

Level 19
Damn, make single-player accessible, I want to test this. D:

Here are some observations I made:
The BETA thing on the loading screen partially obscures some of the text.
You should put information about the map in the Quest Log

I love the cursor o_O

A review shall come when you make this single-playable.

Level 19
Theres an unprotected version?
Yay, time to steal awesome cursors :D

EDIT. Ok, played it, and it is definitely good.
It was very atmospheric, with excellent terrain.
5/5 Voted for approval

Last edited: