• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

To Do List (old posts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Other topic.

What about a moderator power to remove inappropriate comments in model section ? Meaning not the forums.
It's in the works, sir:
Ralle is working to redevelop the scripts that manage and display the resource ratings. The model section is first on his list, thereafter all the other resources sections will follow.

The new rating system will be far more powerful, useful and transparent. We are all going to have to try to be patient while the Chieftain works his webmaster magic. Stay tuned.
The new section(s) will also include the ability for designated moderators to edit/delete posts and threads. Stay tuned.

Level 3
A bit off-topic, but I'm sure most of you have noticed that 90% of the stuffs in the spells section are "still in moderation queue". Why is that? Anything can be done? I prefer to download things that have been guaranteed that they actually work since I don't know a whole lot about JASS.

The vote system needs a review. a vote for a score of 10 should give a score of 10, not 8.89. Whether that seems unfair or not, it should work that way.

[SERIOUSLYPISSEDOFFCOMMENT]

SO I make these explosions, been working on them for a long time, and then I post them and everyone thinks it's awesome.

Then some guy can't figure out how to use models ingame, so he decides they need a stand anim for them to be of any use. He gives the model a terribly low score because he's to damn ignorant to work with the effects.

I am fu***** pissed.

Level 32
The vote system needs a review...
There should be a scoring system for a resource similar to reputation, so we can see who gave the score, how did he rate it and the comment.
Be patient guys: Ralle is way ahead of us (as usual). Your recommendations are already in the works...
Ralle is constantly working to revise our resource section. His activity takes place "behind the scenes" as he must thoroughly test his scripts in his local environment before implementing them on the site itself.

The model section will be the first to receive its upgrade, other resource sections will then follow. Many, many new helpful and useful features (including the use of reputation awards) will be available for users and moderators alike.

Please be patient while our intrepid webmaster works his magic.
Stay tuned: look for some major changes coming soon.

Be patient guys: Ralle is way ahead of us (as usual). Your recommendations are already in the works...
Stay tuned: look for some major changes coming soon.

So he will update the model section :grin:
If he adds this, it will be great:
Like in war3search, there shoud be more types of models (not just units, dooadabs, etc.): Humans, Orcs, WoW models (not exports), Undead, Night Elf, StarCraft, Demons and so on, this woud help me a lot, when i search for a model. :thumbs_up:

I think a "find all hot threads
thread_dot_hot_new.gif
" Button, and\or "find all threads ive posted in", would be cool.

I like the way the chat was changed btw.

Level 2
You're right, HWS has a favicon (
favicon.ico
). For some reason I can't see it on my browser. I'm very sorry for posting on that.

These things could be improved:
This button should link to the group overview (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showgroups.php), not to the hosted projects (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93).
respecteduser.gif

In the public profile under "WarCraft 3 Account" it would be good to be linked to the Blizzard site (http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=xxx&PlayerName=xxx).

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Superscript

Hi.
I thought of another text editing feature, a [SUPERSCRIPT] (or simply [SS] if you want) to use.

The superscript is to elevate the text as much as possible inside the line the same text is inserted in. I don't know if we already have such a feature, but if we do, please tell me.

Level 6
Doing a per-month subscription will get more people donating. However, as a professional web developer I have found that you will get more overall profits by making available a quarterly as well as yearly subscription. Even if you don't pay less overall for these longer terms, people don't like to be hassled by paying per month.

If the Hive were to implement this, a few features I think it should have are:
  • Advanced Members can rename their own threads.
  • Advanced Members can modify (possibly delete) posts in their own threads.
  • Advanced Members get a nice icon in their profile. We already have a Paypal Donor, but honestly, I think that is different than an Advanced Member. Paypal donor could be any amount, so I'd keep it separate from an Advanced Member icon. Maybe just changing the color of their name would suffice. Something to set them apart.

Level 17
If we had a subscription feature, wouldnt that make the donate option obsolete? Because people would want to donate, and get something special?

And what happens if your subscription is over, the things are removed?

Also, i would rather call it a donation, because paying for the ability to edit threads in an online forum is not only a waste of money, but i'm pretty sure you cannot use the vBulletin boards for profit. That would be illegal, wouldnt it?

Either way, if i decide to pay for this site, i'd rather call it a donation than a subscription. Because if i call it a subscription, i would see it as the stupidest thing i spent my money on (Pay to edit text?). While if i donate, i feel good that i helped a community.

Subscriptions arent a good idea for this reason and a few others people will mention although i do see your point Blue_jeans.

Level 6
Steel_Stallion, you act like my suggestions are the only that you would be able to do. I'm sure the admin team has a lot of ideas, and I could come up with quite a few as well. I was just saying that if there was a paid membership, I would recommend those features.

Level 6
Who said that's ALL I'd like to see? The deleting posts and renaming threads would be very good for tutorials. Those were just the features I was thinking of at the very moment because I'd just finished reading through 8 pages of crap on a tutorial I had found, plus I'm writing my own tutorial.

When you want users to subscribe to something, you either have to have 1 big thing that drives them, or a lot of little things. On a site like the Hive Workshop, I'd say it would be lots of little things that would drive it.

Don't you think +10 rep per month is a little high, though? Seriously, subscribe for a year and have an automatic 120 rep? That's two/thirds of the rep you have, kaitech.

Edit: I'd really like to see the old icons from wc3sear.ch imported sooner than a 'pro' membership. However, I know as a webmaster sometimes your decisions are driven entirely on money, so who knows.

Level 15
Who said that's ALL I'd like to see? The deleting posts and renaming threads would be very good for tutorials. Those were just the features I was thinking of at the very moment because I'd just finished reading through 8 pages of crap on a tutorial I had found, plus I'm writing my own tutorial.

When you want users to subscribe to something, you either have to have 1 big thing that drives them, or a lot of little things. On a site like the Hive Workshop, I'd say it would be lots of little things that would drive it.

Don't you think +10 rep per month is a little high, though? Seriously, subscribe for a year and have an automatic 120 rep? That's two/thirds of the rep you have, kaitech.

Edit: I'd really like to see the old icons from wc3sear.ch imported sooner than a 'pro' membership. However, I know as a webmaster sometimes your decisions are driven entirely on money, so who knows.

First off Blue Jeens allwoing them moderating abilities is a big no no
Staff moderate and staff decide stuff like that
Second off the wcser icons are in the new section but they havent been tagged a "war3ser"

Level 32
Hi.
I thought of another text editing feature, a [SUPERSCRIPT] (or simply [SS] if you want) to use.

The superscript is to elevate the text as much as possible inside the line the same text is inserted in. I don't know if we already have such a feature, but if we do, please tell me.
Sorry it took so long, Rui: I got it done only yesterday.
  1. Superscript: [sup][/sup]

Main body of text superscript text continuation of main text.

2. Subscript: [sub][/sub]

Main body of text subscript text continuation of main text.

[off-topic] ~ Thread cleaned.

Reactions: Rui
Level 6
First off Blue Jeens allwoing them moderating abilities is a big no no
Staff moderate and staff decide stuff like that
Second off the wcser icons are in the new section but they havent been tagged a "war3ser"

...I was pretty sure I already replied to this, but apparently I did not.

DesKladA, surely you can read? Jeens? Seriously? Blue_Jeans ;)
Perhaps if you read a few posts back you would see they would be granted a select few 'moderating' abilities in their own thread! I've seen tutorials cluttered with so much garbage, it is ridiculous. I wish I could clean my own tutorials (not here, I only have a WIP here, but on other sites). I'm not a fan of locking tutorials when finished because people have suggestions. Each site has its own way, I just have to roll with the dice...

Wishful thinking:
I should change my name to Blue_Jeans2
Need_O2 could finally be Need_O2

Level 17
Ralle... People are starting to help loads of people (very commonly new users) in the WEHZ, therefore meaning when they rep us for helping, we achieve neutral rep which just spams up the rep, not adding anything...

Maybe you could implement a second table to show all Neutral Rep and a seperate rep thingy (Under our current gems) showing how much Neutral Rep we have... People like Nhazul should be in the high 90's, not all the way back in 40's...

Level 32
[idea]You can make it that you are able to +rep for resources like icons and skins and models etc... [/idea]
Just look for the "Add To Reputation" button:
reputation.gif
Example: Zerg Scourge

That option is available in all NEW resource sections. It will soon be applied to our Spell and Map sections as our intrepid webmaster imports those resources into the forums.

I liked how the resource things looked before. Not as in the old old section, but how it looked like when it was brand new. The things were clearer that way. Like it'd be easier to find the description, etc.

The way it is now looks more messy, I think.

Also the way it is now, all of the descriptions for old resources are gone.

Level 24
Hu i have an idea for the models section (and others of course)
You should be able to add othwer people who actually took part in making the model, but their names should be displayed as links (not text) and you should be able to rep them :/
Example:
i make a mesh
and someone animates it
and then we both are the creators, but only i am listed, he is listed only as a name in the description

Status
Not open for further replies.