• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special "Key/To-Do Threads" List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out: neanderthal whale skating.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, my actual post: I would love to see a kind of "flagging" service for threads & posts. Some way to 'mark' key or special threads/posts, and an associated "list" (much like the old User CP "subscription" list or the new "Unread Watched Threads" list) for all those 'flagged' threads/posts.

This would be different from the existing "Unread Watched Threads" list primarily in that it would be a user-curated list of important/key/special things. Not just threads but even posts or media or PMs?... The usefulness would lie in letting us create these lists for our personal needs; personally, I could SERIOUSLY use a "to-do" list of topics & threads to respond to. Currently, I sit here at my computer with over a dozen THW tabs open simultaneously, for days/weeks at a time... Bad form, I know. But I HAVE to be able to remember them, or else I'll forget! (tautology FTW)

(I could keep a text-list of URLs, and I have... But those things tend to get lost in the dogpile, and the copy/pasting is a nightmare. Similar problem with just Favoriting them; maybe it's just the way I Favorite things but they never get looked at again, it seems. :<...)

Anyway, a list like this could be open in one tab, with a currently-updated list of threads & posts & want to make sure to respond to, allowing me to keep track (both visually & mnemonically) of all these conversations. I'm sure there could be other uses as well. Further functionality could be provided by allowing us to create sub-folders in this special directory, for organization.

Things is, I have no idea how feasible this idea is, much less how difficult it may or may not be, so I am open to suggestions on how to scale it back or whatever.

Thoughts!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
You could make a system with bookmarks. You just gotta keep checking them and cleaning them up.

I keep a .txt file in Dropbox with threads I need to respond to and bugs I need to fix. I use 2-3 computers on a daily basis.
Whuuuu... But that means I have to do something? Why do that when someone else can do work for me?? : P

Yeah, I suppose I could just be more fastidious about a favorites folder directory. Dropbox & text files is just, like, 2 or 3 steps too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.