1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

To Do List (old posts)

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Ralle, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The only problem here is that everyone can rate, even guests. They are IP traced.
    But I can see your point

2. Kixer

Kixer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spells section

YaY,
    The spells/system section is in progress :smile:

3. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ralle, i say make a LIST of everyone whe gave rating. And then track if they have downloaded the map. Such way, they wouldnt be able to rate without download! and there will be no downraters then. Why bother dling just to rate wrong way?

4. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It would be VERY convenient for users and moderators alike if the resource tag input window included a pull down menu.

Tpying takes time and reeors are possiple.

5. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think that we should be able to post attachments that we have uploaded in a thread into a separate thread. This would be very helpful considering that limiting ones allowed attachment size leaves no choice but to have to upload more than one of the exact same pictures (saved differently with dif names) just to get it into another thread.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see the Search Feature on Mod page is finally up! Good job!

7. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Couldn't you just search for Users with the same IP, and paste that user's name onto the rating instead?

Or say Guest (same IP as JoeUser) or something

And sure, guests without an account can still be arses, but to a certain extent that's unsolvable, without completely blocking guest input.

8. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Isn't it possible to simply disallow Guests to rate? Instead of the rating list, the following message would appear: "Only members can rate resources". You could either provide the link for Log In / Register or not.

9. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would REALLY like it if it showed you ALL the rep youre recived instead of only reciant ones. As in when i look in my account it shows me WHAT thread i was reped in and why, but right now it only dose it for most recient rep.

10. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    On the subject of the resource rating system, make it so that rating is part of commenting, like on the side of commenting you have the option to rate (You shouldn't make rating neccesary to comment, as someone might think a map has potential, so they want to suggest improvements before rating), and possibly displaying the rating they gave. At the very least if they gave a rating.

Got another suggestion: Allow thread creators to put their thread into a tag-based category, so we can search/browse by tags/categories.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  11. Tonks

Tonks

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Who would stop new members from abusing that? Would you make a mod go through every single new thread and make sure it has the appropriate tags for the subject? That's some tedious work.

12. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, you don't have to put tags on, you can leave it blank if you wish. But if you do want to put it in a category then it will make it easier for people to find posts/topics they are interested in.

13. Chaos

Chaos

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    One more Todo ...

• Say thank to Ralle !

... he's doing a great job :emote_clap:

Chaos

14. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Here's more work for you lazy worms!" - by Angmar Officer xD

I just came up with ideas. When we moderate a Resource Section, we receive the Resource Moderator title. However, I think we should instead receive a title for the section we moderate. Such as Map Section Moderator, Model Section Moderator, etc. Since you added that Make Titles Cooler Todo, use the same colour/code for all Resource Moderators (should you apply the last idea).

By the way, thanks for applying that Title Todo. =)

15. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just asking, whats the ponit of needing 50+ rep befor the rep you give people counts? Rep needed to rep other people is fine, but 50?? Thats going to be hard to reach o_O. I suggest more like 15+.

16. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'd say 25.

17. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How about a some sort of 'directors choise' category for resources? Kinda like it was at wc3search. That way the good resource dont get buried under all the not-so-good resources.

18. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And again I agree with Mini-Me. I knew I forgot something on my previous post.

Thanks for reminding me.

EDIT: By the way, add Units - High Elves to the Model Section Categories.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  19. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's because we've had alot of problems with rep abuse in the past, so if you manage to get 50 rep with the small amount of trusted members who have rep to give, then you too can be trusted to give rep wisely.

-*meow*

20. Chaos

Chaos

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I would increase the amount of needed Reputation to reputate other ones.

Chaos