• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reinstatement of Original "Unread Watched Threads" Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
While I'm excited for the new Hive 3.0 that just rolled out, I noticed one glaring issue with my normal work-flow: the absence of the original "Unread Watched Threads" page. (If I'm wrong & it's just hiding somewhere, please let me know & then this thread can be ignored)

I am subscribed to zillions of threads, but there always used to be place/page I could visit which would show me only the Threads I'm Watching that have new Unread posts. This allowed me to "clean out" the list if I wanted. (It was even better on Wc3C, with a special "visit only the first unread post" button & a completely-clean list, but alas).

Is there any way to bring that back? The "User CP"/"Unread Watched Threads" page?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
If you click the
1616158055865.png
and then hit "Watched" you get something close to what you want.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Not fully related but still on the threads topic, would love to have the unread new post ones be in bold like before. Now, only the title is so while the date and user who posted, on the right are not in bold.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
If you click the View attachment 375827 and then hit "Watched" you get something close to what you want.
Yes, I'm using that currently in lieu of a better solution. But as mentioned it's lacking in a number of ways. Any possibility of us getting the original functionality back? (I understand it's going to be a lot lower priority than the various bugs & serious issues that are being worked on)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
As I mentioned in my first post, it no longer prioritizes unread watched threads (regardless of age) over general watched ones (i.e. pushing them to the top of the list). Even better would be a page which only shows the Unread Watched Threads (I basically never need to see all the rest). Even better would be like the old Wc3C "User CP" page had, a little button that consistently takes you to the first unread post in the given thread (currently clicking on the title of the thread sometimes does this, other times takes you to the first post).

Level 21
Why are threads from years ago now unlocked? I used to unwatch threads when they became locked after a period of inactivity, but now I have to look for old threads one by one and add them on my Watched list so I don't miss any new replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Why are threads from years ago now unlocked? I used to unwatch threads when they became locked after a period of inactivity, but now I have to look for old threads one by one and add them on my Watched list so I don't miss any new replies.
They were only locked to prevent necro posting. Now they're warned about it instead.

Level 48
I would also like to see the Hive 1.0 / WC3C way of handling this return ideally. The Hive 2.0 way of doing it is an acceptable compromise though. I don't remember the exact difference between the Hive 1.0 User CP and Hive 2.0 Unread Watched Threads, but I do remember being upset about 2.0's changes. I feel like it was streamlined for no real benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.