• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive 2 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The reason I ask is because many times now, when I have wanted to create another Contest or reference someone's post (especially my own), I have wanted to use my particular setup again with modifications; however, once a Thread is Closed no regular User can get access to the BBcode & all the fancy tables & what-not, meaning they have to just re-write the whole thing (they can copy/pasta the text, but not the formatting).
You are always welcome to ask for it. I can yoink it for you :).

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

All of the search results match the words you entered. That's how the search always worked. In fact the new one does this better by requiring all words to be part of the result. If you want to find exactly MoveSpeedX why don't you enable "Search title only" and be done with it?

Take a look at the "Order By:" when you search. By default it's "Most recent".
There isn't any "Most Relevant" in the order by option though. That's what I want. The most relevant searches first. I don't care about filesize, download, or ratings. There can be a really high rated resource that's completely irrelevant to my search, I still don't want that coming up before the relevant results. But I'm certain that the algorithm isn't the same or improved! I distinctly remember how I used to be able to search on hive 1 for what I generally wanted and get so many relevant resources. It's the only way that I completed games using 100+ resources from here, because I was able to find them so easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

@Kyrbi0, if I see a task having to be done so many times that it starts to bother me, I will start to consider it :).

@EdgeOfChaos, after reading your posts yesterday I realized that this is exactly the part that's missing. Order by relevancy. I have looked a bit into it but will look more. Thank you.
Thank you very much Ralle!

Level 10
My least favourite changes in Hiveworkshop 2.0 vs the original are;
The appearance. The old one was very well organized and perfectly spaced out. I adored the line borders around everything.
The lack of profile page customization. I made myself some unique tiled patterns, and they looked great. Now everyone's profile page is plain, and worst of all, the exact same. Being about the user itself, a profile page should be subject to as much personalization as appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.