• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zero Notifications of watched threads after some weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey guys,

I was wondering, whether this is a bug or not, but I decided to post it here, since for me, it practically acts like one;

so I realized that after some weeks, I do not get any notifications of watched threads anymore. This is quite annoying as I lose track to all the subjects I find interesting and eventually forget about some of them. When I check the threads, they are still tagged as watched ...

Is is this a bug or is there some way to extend the period, hive is keeping track of watched threads? if there is a period, I would suggest to preset it to "forever".

Best regards

Level 24
I also have this kind of case. If I view a thread I've watched, and kept on viewing it atleast once a day with new posts. Then after more days, there's no more alert showing up. I checked that thread and a lot had already happened.

I say it's useful while also annoying. Once I commented on another thread that I won't check anymore, I get alerts of it which I would ignore, and then I would stop getting alerts of that thread.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Really? I almost wish I had the opposite issue; I don't want to hear about every single rando posting on some ancient model I commented on years back (I talked a while back about 'selective subscriptions', where you would only be notified if specific people commented on the thread/resource)... But I guess that's neither here nor there.

Um, huh. I have always (I think?) gotten the notifications I was warranted. This would be frustrating.

Level 14
Thanks for the comments. so you are saying, it will stop notifying me, if I did not check out the formerly newest notification? I can see, why you designed it that way. But, is there a way, I can make a thread make me notify again? Unchecking and "Re-Checking" the "watched" status should do right?

Status
Not open for further replies.