• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Things to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
First off I would like to thank everyone who has continued to visit this site despite this rather difficult problem we are facing. With the disabling of uploads and darky's continued absence during all this, I am amazed we are still getting so many visitors. Many have stepped forward to offer us help, and I am very grateful for the generosity this community has shown.

Hopefully in the next few days ahead we will be taking steps to implement some changes that may solve some issues. I have been taking with Ralle, owner of Hiveworkshop.com, another great wc3 site, about a potential merger. They have much available room for us to possibly move servers.

I know I have asked for your patience, and I know everything I have said to this point has sounded like empty promises, but please just give us a little more time...
-VGsatomi

Level 5
:) the reason we continue this site is because its the dota of the wc3 web, except this doesnt suck. 8) i would still like to thank you for taking a moment to thank us, the users, for keeping this site on the web. now lets hope you can increase your webspace ASAP to keep me ranting about the newer models, and how bad or good they are.
Anyways, you'd better be careful, because you dont know how many models some of the major modelmakers, skinmakers, etc have accumilated. (i have a friend who has an antivirus tool he made himself that finds, and hacks viruses to death. seems pretty badass doesnt it?)

Level 10
Well said VG, I hope you guys get this thing solved soon, It's hard... you know... being away from valuable new resources for so long... I may require therapy... lol Anyways, I'll personally keep visiting this site even if the upload thing never gets fixed, the resources may be down but the forum archive is still very handy to me. I wish I could help out but there really isnt much I can do >.< I'm recomending this site to my friends at school but thats pretty much it for now. Sorry >.<

keep up the good work, I'm pulling for you guys

-Teld

Level 3
You should add some moderation to models and skins! In this way, you will not have 6k fugly or pure crappy models and keep only good ones! Meh, just saying...

Level 11
Rules and moderators are still to be discussed. We are going to change things around most likely, for the current system has lately proved to be highly inneficient. Since Ralle is also a great webdesigner and databases developer, he will implement whatever changes are necessary.

~Daelin

Level 3
i think we should probably follow War# campaign's example and have things subject to an approval process before they get put on the site

Level 1
just thinking what if we had a progream that would delete dead links,downloads and stuff that is busted maybe by a vote system. TO SAVE SPACE\DELETE THE CRAP. crap isnt valuble.

Level 5
I know I have asked for your patience, and I know everything I have said to this point has sounded like empty promises, but please just give us a little more time...

Take all the time you want :D this is a great site and I will continue supporting it like all others! I wouldnt leave it even if uploading was removed because Ive learned lots of things of wc3 modding here in the forums and it would be a shame to leave it, thanks for the update :D

Level 24
ragingspeedhorn said:
Good to hear VG, will this merge mean that The HIVE will seize to exsist or the other way around or just share server space? Or something 4th?

Not sure yet, I have discussed the same thing with Ralle, a few things have been surgested, like just create a new name, but i'm not sure what Ralle is planning to do exactly, i'll ask him when he gets onto msn tonight :)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
At the moment I have no thoughts about changing wc3s. I will get all the stuff moved to my server which has 40 gb of space and I only use 9 of them. And I think that wc3s is around 10 gb in size. I will then try to get the wc3sear.ch domain moved to it.
People have asked me if we are gonna merge the hive and wc3sear.ch but I really doubt that. At first we should get wc3s up and running. then we can start discussing (all of us) whether we want that or not.
Since I haven't been that of an active member here i think that your guys should decide that.
I hope that my mission can make wc3sear.ch survive. Because I think it is a very special website that can never be replaced..

Cheers.

Level 2
I will wait until this problem be solved, dont matter how much time it will delay. I have many good maps here with me, and I am anxious to post them!

And, VGsatomi, if you wish, I can post links for this site at United Mappers.

I have influence and friends on that site, I can give a litle help for you. :wink:

Level 6
Finally some news.

Hope all will be well in short time

Please, inform us as frequently as posible

Level 15
Some of them will still remain open through 2007 and later.

After all, there are still Starcraft sites open now, and SC has been around for ages.

Level 14
I havent been around here for very long, but I learned how to skin because of this place so I will always remain loyal to this site as long as it stays up.
And I really hope these sites remain long after 2007. If not then hey, perhaps blizz will further the strategy games instead of just WoW. Already bored of WoW but wc3... cant get bored of it when sites like this exist that are dedicated to new ideas and many new cool and fun maps/campaigns for wc3.

Level 27
Vexorian said:
prepare to die then ... I highly doubt any of the current wc3 sites will get to the end of 2007
The sole reason why it will take WC3 to die much longer than any other game:
1.) The near infinite ability to edit the aspects of the game. Had it been some game with no decent mapmaker, it would have dropped dead before 2005.
2.) See 1.)
As long as we feed it, it will live. And I have no intentions of starving Warcraft 3.
--donut3.5--

Level 27
Werewulf said:
wc3 is already starved....

everything will die....

wc3 wont last long......and there are other games older than wc3 that can be modded( and easier too) that have truelly died.
Lol that sounds emo... everything will die XD
But anyhow, yeah, it will eventually die, but my belief is that it will last longer than what some people are thinking...
My hope, at least.
Especially since blizz games run on Macs XD
--donut3.5--

Level 45
donut3.5 said:
Werewulf said:

everything will die....

wc3 wont last long......and there are other games older than wc3 that can be modded( and easier too) that have truelly died.
But anyhow, yeah, it will eventually die, but my belief is that it will last longer than what some people are thinking...
My hope, at least.
--donut3.5--

-_-

In about 3-5yrs or even less, wc3 will be dead. sure afew people popping in, but it will be like wc2.

i think i say diff years..but meh

Level 6
Yes, one day wc3 will die, of course. But not now and not in next few months - and that is sufficient for me, so cut this burial talk and run WorldEdit:D

Level 27
Werewulf said:
donut3.5 said:
Werewulf said:

everything will die....

My hope, at least.
--donut3.5--

-_-

In about 3-5yrs or even less, wc3 will be dead. sure afew people popping in, but it will be like wc2.

i think i say diff years..but meh
Yeah, 3-5 years, that sounds about right... It's just people were saying 1 year or less... which that to me seems downright low. That's just my opinion.
--donut3.5--

Level 3
yes some of the models and the skins for those models are very bad, we need to be more quality based in the future, hopefully when and if blizzard ever releases a warcraft 4 or simliar game then this site could be converted to work with that too

Level 14
In all likelyhood wc3 wont die til it is surpassed by a similar game at which point people would be happy to say goodbye and start anew on something even better. Of course if something better doesnt come along it will eventually fade away :(

everything will die....

prepare to die then ... I highly doubt any of the current wc3 sites will get to the end of 2007
Pessimism! Pessimism I say! :x
Warcraft 3 is full of players, and you always see some newbies around. I have seen people on Bnet who bought the game just a couple of weeks ago. Players come and go, and I have never seen the Custom Games list empty on bnet.

What does that mean?

It means that Warcraft 3 is as active and healthy as it can be!

Level 3
wait, havn't i seen you before? yes, you are getting off topic. and you have also reminded me a request.
When this site gets back on its feet can someone make some robotech models? There are already 3 and i'd like to make a campaign or something for them

Level 2
Warcraft 4? I dont hope that this will exist some day. Probabily Blizzard will stay upgrading Wow forever. :(

I already have played many strategy games, Empire Heart 2, Age of Empires 3, Lotr and many others famous games, but war3 is beter than all of them.

But I am sure that until exixsts mappers and players, warcraft 3 will survive.

Level 9
take as long as u want

take as long as u guys want...

we will wait...

This is the only really good war3 site iv found and its taught me a lot...

like i said take as long as you want

Level 8
Great to see things might be working out after all. I'd thought this site was doomed. Still have it as homepage on the chance of updates, glad I did :)

CHANGE OF TOPIC: I doubt wc3 will die anytime soon. If I have my facts right (i hope i do, but probably dont) wc3 has somthing like best level editor made or something like that.
But 3-5 years sounds about right for its death, just hope for wc4 or similar to be nearing then.

Level 27
Ham Ham the Frost Wyrm said:
Warcraft 4? I dont hope that this will exist some day. Probabily Blizzard will stay upgrading Wow forever. :(

I already have played many strategy games, Empire Heart 2, Age of Empires 3, Lotr and many others famous games, but war3 is beter than all of them.

But I am sure that until exixsts mappers and players, warcraft 3 will survive.
Yeah, WC4 isn't gonna exist... stupid WoW...
But personally, I think Wc3 SUCKS.
Like, the actual rts part of it blows in my opinion.
But, what I've found in this game unlike any other is the customization.
That I LOVE.
--donut3.5--

Level 3
Well, Wc3 will probably not be as abandoned as Wc2 in any near future..maybe sometime between 3-6 years form now.
+Wc4 isn't gonna exist sry to say, WoW already has that covered.

P.S. Whoever said that Wc3 is losing players, should look at the message board evvery once awhile. Today there were about 88,000 on battle.net, and you know what?..over 60% of those were playing a game on Wc3!!

Level 5
Lol; Vexorian, Werewulf..

It is going down YES; and YES Blizzard is really rich with WoW profits. Btw, Wc3 has been lastin what, 1-2 years?

The modding had just started; new RPGs in Warcraft had been worked on.

E.g War of the Three Hammers, Unsung Legends, etc

heck im making a map of my own too

Status
Not open for further replies.