• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The status of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys
The "Contact Us" form has been down for a while, so any email sent through that has not been received. I feel so bad about this, but if you are awaiting a response, please try again.

Last Wednesday concluded a chapter in Hive history. A malicious hacker had found that we were running an older version of vBSEO and abused this hole to get access to the server and tried to take it over for a bot net. I worked 8 days to find the hole while keeping the hacker out and succeeded. It was a very stressful week. It was nothing personal though, he had a bot, that looked for that specific version of the plugin, to take over servers for his botnet.

Finally, I have been working on a fix for the � symbols all over the site and managed to write a script, that detects text containing those symbols (ISO_8859-1) and convert them to the encoding we are using now (UTF-8).
I will need to do some testing before actually applying the fix on the whole site.

Have a good summer.

Ralle

Level 11
That must really suck working day and night figuring out the stupid hole :p, even though I don't come here often because of my own site, I do hope that this won't happen again any time soon and make sure you back up all your things.

Status
Not open for further replies.