• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Things to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hmm...if I can say, this is already WC3 modding golden era and we are at its end, but it still, so why not use it?

Level 3
in wow there is millions playing, not thousands.
there are millions of accounts not millions of people playing, unfortunatly blizz only says how many accounts have been created and anyone can make as many accounts as they want a nd most people have 2 or so that they use and probably more they have left to rot

Level 3
when Dota die, war3 die...
anyway poeple are making money on Dota so it will not end soon...
You know:
More Pros, more Sponsors,
More Sponsors, more Money,
More Money, more Pros...

neverending cycle...still it will last until something better comes along...and i dont see that coming until StarCraft 2...

Level 27
boogie_b said:
when Dota die, war3 die...
anyway poeple are making money on Dota so it will not end soon...
You know:
More Pros, more Sponsors,
More Sponsors, more Money,
More Money, more Pros...

neverending cycle...still it will last until something better comes along...and i dont see that coming until StarCraft 2...
Sadly, this is mostly true, which sometimes makes me wonder whether or not this means WC3 should die or not.
Most of the time, I still go with not tho :p
--donut3.5--

Level 32
Continuing this meandering course... The truly outstanding old games "NEVER die, they just ...fade away." Slowly they do, but not ever completely. Games like Checkers, Chess and Backgammon have been played for hundreds, even thousands of years. I learned those as a kid, and decades later can still have fun playing. Sakes, even Doom I, today looking choppy and pixilated, can provide some fun mileage for those who can appreciate the state of the art at the time.

So, even as the golden age of WarcraftIII swiftly closes, and even after people have moved along to bigger and better things, everyone can rest assured that the game itself "can long endure... shall not perish from the earth."

Level 2
Omg what are u talking about?! "people have moved along to bigger and better things"?! There is no bigger and better then Wc3!!! Come to Battle.net look at the number of players wich are playing wc3... They not moved enywhere and wont move like I. And if u talking about good old games dont use game like doom use such a legendary games like dune II!! Look at Star Craft - so meny years passed but peoples still playing him so just stu about end of Wc3 because it will come only when Wc4 will be relised.

The reason of why this site get busy is because war3 communauty is still healthy.

But sure it will die one day.
I plane to stop war3 modding for ever after finishing my campaign (and why not find a girlfriend?).
And i've stoped war3 playing long time ago my b.net account has been deleted for unactivities.

But 1 lost,10 back

Level 2
I haven't been a member long, and I'm still getting the hang of working with War3 editing, but from what I've seen, this is a pretty strong community and it will last as long as, if not longer than, the starcraft map making community (Which is still going strong, dispite Blizzard removing all the exploits that were used in advanced map making).

And so you know, the StarCraft community is still strong. Just swing by SEN and see for yourself.

And, off-topic, people do use multiple wow accounts. I know someone with four tower computers and one laptop. Each has its own WoW account and he has them work together in a party whenever playing. He even wrote up macros for the other computers so he can just send a command through the party chat and they respond. Pretty close to botting it, but not quite.

And if you thought that was bad, you should have seen him on everquest... *shudder*

Level 27
Callahan said:
The reason of why this site get busy is because war3 communauty is still healthy.

But sure it will die one day.
I plane to stop war3 modding for ever after finishing my campaign (and why not find a girlfriend?).
And i've stoped war3 playing long time ago my b.net account has been deleted for unactivities.

But 1 lost,10 back
May your campaign never finish :)
--donut3.5--

Level 45
Koichi345 said:
by accounts i ment chars and it is infinate how many chars you can make

you CANT make infinitate characters, and who ever was talking about there fried or watever having 4 wow account, im very sure he plays on a private Wow server since there wouldnt be much of a point of setting macros on your accounts to mimic a party if he played the offical wow.

Level 9
Mabye he just sucks at the game so much, but is so obsessed that he has to get more accounts so he can control mindless drones to do his evil bidding and die for him so he doesnt suffer the penalties of dying himself :p

Level 5
I still see Map "Kings" still on the list of maps played. With the coming "Unsung Legends" i think Non-WoW players can experience a WoW gamestyle from Wc3. Countless maps out there; big ones that you dont know. Warcraft III extends through most game editing limits (turning it into different types of games) and many movie, anime, story based maps.

Warcraft might take 5-10 years before it dies presently or even lasting.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
1. Move.. It will probably be done within 2-3 days.
2. Setup. I will have to find every place saying wc3sear.ch and replace it with something that works whatever domain we are using.
3. Make redirection from wc3sear.ch to my sites subdomain.
4. Take over domain somehow :)
5. make it all work with wc3s domain again..

Level 6
ERR 0001

User made unexcepted operation and will be terminated. If problems still, contact your local user seller

Level 9
Ralle, you said you have to replace all "wc3sear.ch" strings with the string of the future host...
Need some help with it? I may write a program to do that for you.

Just let me know, so I could have whatever I need setup by the middle of next week (I am not at home right now...).

Level 2
ok, can we upload stuff now or???

I just wondered, it doesn't look like the site is fullt operative when ur talking about the merging and stuff... I just wondered, is it possible to upload stuff now, or not???

Level 4
Its been so long since I've been here, it took me like 30 minutes to remember the website name, and I couldn't find it in my favorites. Lol. Well, its nice that there is some word to this problem. I hope that this will all be over soon.

Level 2
huh?

Just noticede that u haven't announced the move at Hiveworkshop, just wondered if u were goin to, or it is another website Wc3sear.ch is moving to??? :?

Level 7
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

I remember the days when this site was easy to use, but now it is slow with no space :cry:.

EDIT:

Werewulf said:
Koichi345 said:
by accounts i ment chars and it is infinate how many chars you can make

you CANT make infinitate characters, and who ever was talking about there fried or watever having 4 wow account, im very sure he plays on a private Wow server since there wouldnt be much of a point of setting macros on your accounts to mimic a party if he played the offical wow.

True, you cannot have infinite characters. The limit is fifty per accounts, ten per server :).

Level 2
I offer help

I will offer to help you guys, and my first suggestion to you is what will probably be your greatest decission out of any you've made in Wc3sear history:

A-Delete every Dota from your database
B-Ban the uploading of Dota maps
C-Rid the site of the scum known as Dota, once and for all. The only discussion that should be permited is about how Dota sucks.

Dota is a sucky piece of series that is plagueing our battle.net custom games section. I can remember that screenshot posted not long ago with all Dota levels and one of them was 3, and IT turned out to be a Dota.

I'm sick and tired of going on custom games list, and seeing nothing but....

DOTA 3.684958293758923750273580237-51-7

Dota 5.MillionTrillionZillionversionNO-FAGGETS-NO-BS,LAG=BANY.UR.SRY.ARSE!!!

Dota ALLSTARZORZ-2-DA-CRAZY-MAXXZORZ-WITH-NOOD-PICS!!!!!!!!!

DOTA-OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG-JOIN NOW OR U SUKK!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, I've got over a hundred followers who likewise very much are disgusted with this Dota crap that is plagueing our b.net society. It's becoming more and more difficult to find the maps you wanna play on b.net, and the number of PEON rank users on battle.net is GROWING FASTER.

If you rid your site of the scum known as Dota, it can bring salvation to your maps website. And if you'd like to help me I'm starting a clan pretty soon on US west, an anti-Dota clan. Anyone of all ranks will be welcomed.

Level 2
I completely agree! But I think that fight vs dota must be not only with words...
I think that dota can be defeated only with much better ums. I think good ums creators must create one team and create something great! Personaly I offer to revive Footmans, but not continue them, we need to create new footmans, but about Footmans - its just an offer...

Level 45
i think we need a map submission list where only tested and approved maps which are judged by moderators can be uploaded to prevent pure crap.
alot of people here just play a bunch o bnet games, reg here and on there first day upload 10 maps or some shit that isnt even theirs.

and there is no point for dota to be uploaded here when already it has its own dl domain which is more convenient that adding to this site,

Level 16
Disagreed.

Current system is good. Everybody can upload their maps and after that mods try the maps and if they are unplayable crap, then they are removed. Having a wait before the map shows up in the site is a very bad idea.

Level 16
Werewulf said:
seriously, the map mods cant be bothered testing 10 maps a day, and wouldnt either.

Solution = More mods.

Werewulf said:
with that system they can be judged easily and can easily be sorted and put on hold for testing anf uploading.

I believe (if understood you right) that system is being used at maps.worldofwar.net, and you can go look for yourself how good that site is doing today...

Status
Not open for further replies.