• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Sexiest MMO Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It would be cooler if they made a multiplayer RPG where the heroes you play as are not "humanoide", since they always are and it really pisses me off that.

Their site gives out hardly much info about it and also, it does not really sound cool going around with a "insert gun like weapon" and shooting innocent creatures FPS style. And if you mean FPS with other things than guns then look at TES oblivion, it was FPS like, including camera and aiming for bow. Why can there never be a good rpg, where you are not a human based object going around killing other people and creatures with insane weaponary/power.

Level 6
MMO here MMO there.. alala.. Where are the good strategy games.. I guess this is fun and everything, but i want strategies ;(

Level 26
It would be cooler if they made a multiplayer RPG where the heroes you play as are not "humanoide", since they always are and it really pisses me off that.

Their site gives out hardly much info about it and also, it does not really sound cool going around with a "insert gun like weapon" and shooting innocent creatures FPS style. And if you mean FPS with other things than guns then look at TES oblivion, it was FPS like, including camera and aiming for bow. Why can there never be a good rpg, where you are not a human based object going around killing other people and creatures with insane weaponary/power.

How does not being a humanoid make any difference in an RPG, other than a slightly different story line? Whether you have eight arms or two, you're still probably going to have the same controls and gameplay, just with different actions.

Level 8
Runescape is evil. Next thing you know, you will be playing things like DotA. See the light and quit while you can. Another thing that's evil: tripple posting.

Level 24
Triple post...
Anyways, Runescape phails it. What is "it" you ask? Everything except for stealing people's souls.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
By having the main heroes always being humonide, it makes it look like humanoid creations are better than any other creature which is getting old and overall incourages people to think they are better than animals and harm them more in real life. Im sure that an RPG where you can play as a dragon or as other animals would be definatly unique and would probably make good gaming.

If you look at it, what does diablo, WoW, TES oblivion, Final Fantasy (well not always) all have in common, you play as humans or human like creations in them, even in TES oblivion the argoinans were extremely human based. Its just getting boring constantly.

Level 7
i dont see y no 1 can tell but no "MMO" game is really MMO. I mean sure 25 man raid great but comon its not massive i mean 300 man raids now that is massive, kick ur ass, balls to the wall insanity not 25 peeps. And now SOE (Sony Online Entertainment [ a part of the same retards who brought us retarded copy cat games systems]) is now making a FPSMMO called the Agency were ur a secret agent and u controll minions and is not a MMO in any way except the fact you can stand around as a US spy and talk to Russin players?? how is that massive i mean the battlefeild series is more massive than most MMO games in the true meaning of the word

Level 24
i dont see y no 1 can tell but no "MMO" game is really MMO. I mean sure 25 man raid great but comon its not massive i mean 300 man raids now that is massive, kick ur ass, balls to the wall insanity not 25 peeps. And now SOE (Sony Online Entertainment [ a part of the same retards who brought us retarded copy cat games systems]) is now making a FPSMMO called the Agency were ur a secret agent and u controll minions and is not a MMO in any way except the fact you can stand around as a US spy and talk to Russin players?? how is that massive i mean the battlefeild series is more massive than most MMO games in the true meaning of the word

25 is pretty massive considering they're all real nerds. Most of the time you have to go to conventions/tournaments to see more than 5 in the same place. Not to mention "MMO" refers to potential interaction with other players, it's not talking about how many people you actually go out and kill shit with.

Level 5
Just thought I might throw this one out there, I'm part of a dev team and we going to be using this software in our game =o. We already bought the rights to use it. It's really pretty and fun to use. Considering all the extras it has.... Particles with particles! mmmmmm

Level 7
Just thought I might throw this one out there, I'm part of a dev team and we going to be using this software in our game =o. We already bought the rights to use it. It's really pretty and fun to use. Considering all the extras it has.... Particles with particles! mmmmmm
You're saying that you're part of the dev team for Project Offset?? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.