• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best MMO after WoW

Vote for 'em!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
It depends on which FPS you talk about. Counterstrike is the perfect balance between skill/technique and strategy. You need to have a plan of attack that you'll use to beat your enemy and accomplish your objective.

Level 3
Untill they grow mature and end up at the MMO where the most adults are: EVE.

And besides, nothing is the 'best', yes WoW has the most players but that does not mean it's automaticly awesome.

theres more adults in wow than eve... at end game that is

Level 15
No one forgot about Runescape. It just sucks. Plain and simple. There is no need to even describe WHY it sucks, because everything about Runescape is bad: the community, the combat, the graphics... It's the manifestation of fail.

Level 2
No one forgot about Runescape. It just sucks. Plain and simple. There is no need to even describe WHY it sucks, because everything about Runescape is bad: the community, the combat, the graphics... It's the manifestation of fail.

And yet... it's more popular than some other MMO'S I know.

Level 15
I've heard people say it was good, but I'm not buying it. ANY MMO that's based around anime is bound to be fail, unless it features scantily clad women or women wearing tight black latex, and even in that case it would fail if the gameplay sucks, which I'm assuming that Megaten's does, hands down.

Edit: Isn't it odd that Megaten sounds suspiciously similar to Megaton from Fallout 3?

Level 3
It's not even purchase.

Any free korean game is bound to fail epicly.

I didn't think it so much sounded like Megaton as I thought it sounded like a 10 year old wanted to be a MEGA TEN year old.

Edit: I hear Requiem isn't bad. Something about massive PvP battles with hundreds of players. Can't confirm this though.

Level 15
I didn't think it so much sounded like Megaton as I thought it sounded like a 10 year old wanted to be a MEGA TEN year old.

Epic. Quoted for truth.

Requiem sucks. It may have gore and physics, but it sucks. It's just like every other crap Korean game, except this time it has some blood.

The two best MMO's I could think of off the top of my head right now are Huxley: Dystopia and Crimecraft, for obvious reasons... I mean come on! They BOTH run on the Unreal Tournament 3 engine, Huxley will be free (Crimecraft's payment method is still under development), and they are both REAL MMOFPSes! Not some room-based shit that Koreans consider an "MMOFPS"... Huxley and Crimecraft will be open world MMOFPSes. Epic win, man. Epic win.

Actually, Crimecraft is a "PWNS" (persistent world next-gen shooter). But that's not the point!

Edit: When I scream "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" into my microphone, a massive amount of people will hear me instead of just a few!

Level 13
Epic. Quoted for truth.

Requiem sucks. It may have gore and physics, but it sucks. It's just like every other crap Korean game, except this time it has some blood.

The two best MMO's I could think of off the top of my head right now are Huxley: Dystopia and Crimecraft, for obvious reasons... I mean come on! They BOTH run on the Unreal Tournament 3 engine, Huxley will be free (Crimecraft's payment method is still under development), and they are both REAL MMOFPSes! Not some room-based shit that Koreans consider an "MMOFPS"... Huxley and Crimecraft will be open world MMOFPSes. Epic win, man. Epic win.

Actually, Crimecraft is a "PWNS" (persistent world next-gen shooter). But that's not the point!

Edit: When I scream "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" into my microphone, a massive amount of people will hear me instead of just a few!
Neither of those haven't been released yet so you can't exactly say they're going to be "TEH BEST". And Huxley will play similar to Guild Wars as in people meet up in hubs/towns and from there go to instanced locations where only their team is. Same for PvP matches so it won't exactly be "epic"...

Level 15
I can't exactly say their going to be the best, but they definitely be better than anything else Korea has to offer (well Huxley will, anyways). I knew they were going to play out Guild Wars style, but they have a large overworld, and Huxley's PvP works by players loading up on trams and waiting for everyone to load/join/etc.

Edit: It's alot more immersive than players joining waiting rooms with no overworld what-so-ever...

Level 3
With research on both parts, you're dead right.

Crimecraft and Huxley both look epic, can't wait to pwn nubs in Huxley on an Alt :p Aliens ftw.

On a different note, I literally LOL'd at Requiem "SOOPR KEWL PWN OSUM VID!"s that were just grind spamming.

Level 36
Both of them look bad actually. Huxley's been in development hell for ages now, and Crimecraft has a retarded concept. Like GTA, except worse. But we'll see. The other thing is that FPS MMO's never, ever work. All of them suck. Every single one of them. Especially Planetside.

Level 9
Lol, your choice of MMOs to compete against WoW is somewhat incredibly lacking?
I'll quote Brad on:
"You're forgetting Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, and Age of Conan, all supremely popular."
and of course EVE as earlier mentioned, as well as others such as Runescape, Star Wars: Galaxies, Everquest... the list is incredibly long =)

Level 15
Both of them look bad actually. Huxley's been in development hell for ages now, and Crimecraft has a retarded concept. Like GTA, except worse. But we'll see. The other thing is that FPS MMO's never, ever work. All of them suck. Every single one of them. Especially Planetside.

I honestly like how Crimecraft and Huxley look, but it all depends on personal taste, I suppose. I'm assuming Call of Duty 4/5 isn't an "MMOFPS", right? I mean, there IS leveling up and customization after all, but the matches aren't particularly massive. From a Korean standpoint, I guess you can say Call of Duty is an "MMOFPS", but that's because Koreans don't know what an "MMOFPS" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.