• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to draw artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

This should probably go in the artwork section.

Level 22
This should indeed be in one of the art forums. F.ex the 2D Art tutorial section. Could also be placed in the Concept art/Fan art forum. I think the Concept art forum is best for this. The 2D tutorial section is mostly for wc3 related stuff I think.

shiiK, use the report button. It makes things go faster ^^
It doesn't have to be flaming or spamming, if a thread is placed in the wrong section you can report it and say it should be moved to another section.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

TRD, I know what the Report Function is for, I also know a whole lot about moving threads and moderation in general, so there's really no need to lecture me just 'cause you're a moderator here, and I am not. I am, and have been, moderator elsewhere for several years already, little brother.

Right, so why didn't I report this? Because it's debatable where it should go. For instance, adding it to the 2D Art Tutorial board would be inappropriate due to the fact tutorials there are mostly user-made, not to mention located in it's entirety on THW, rather than in a remote link. Moving it to Concept Art/Fan-art would seem the most appropriate, but then again, it is not actually art, and the board is for reviewing and showing off art. Therefore I am unsure whether or not this thread should remain here, be moved to one of the aforementioned boards or actually be closed and moved to the Recycle Bin because it doesn't fit in with THW's philosophy, albeit useful.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You forgot to explain how to draw, you only describe what tools you need and in what order.

Though I do agree the title of this thread is absurd, considering the fact that there's countless forms of artwork and various techniques. This is merely one artwork technique (I must confess I haven't actually visited the link).

Level 22
TRD, I know what the Report Function is for, I also know a whole lot about moving threads and moderation in general, so there's really no need to lecture me just 'cause you're a moderator here, and I am not. I am, and have been, moderator elsewhere for several years already, little brother.

Right, so why didn't I report this? Because it's debatable where it should go. For instance, adding it to the 2D Art Tutorial board would be inappropriate due to the fact tutorials there are mostly user-made, not to mention located in it's entirety on THW, rather than in a remote link. Moving it to Concept Art/Fan-art would seem the most appropriate, but then again, it is not actually art, and the board is for reviewing and showing off art. Therefore I am unsure whether or not this thread should remain here, be moved to one of the aforementioned boards or actually be closed and moved to the Recycle Bin because it doesn't fit in with THW's philosophy, albeit useful.
You can still report it. Just let the mods figure out where it belongs, because the important thing is that it gets moved to the correct place. That's what matters, little brother. Just report it and say "Wrong section" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.