• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AL0NE's Practice Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Trying to learn digital art stuffs. but I don't possess a graphic tablet though. Really hope I can get one soon.

Here's a pretty random artwork. Sketched and roughly coloured in Photoshop. Mainly polishing the outline drawing skill. All the outlines are made with pen tool to draw the paths and brush with pressure setting enabled.

Ugly Ghoul

attachment.php

This was made fairly quick and I could've polished it more for a better result. But meh, I'm still barely on the tip of the iceberg in terms of digital art. :/ Hope to improve in the future.
Po-Thresh-Ro

attachment.php

Its an artwork for a LoL artwork competition held for SG/MY server. Based on Championship Thresh. The theme of the competition is to poro-fy a champ. Unfortunately some of the submitted artworks including mine were not entered in the competition due to some issue with their email. They did compensate us with some in-game cash tho. But I really wished to know how much votes I would've gotten if mine was put up for voting :/
Mecha Junk

attachment.php

137861d1406976897-al0nes-practice-corner-color.jpg

Here's a WIP of a mecha-themed thingy, as suggested. Faded the sketchs abit because they are darn crappy. D: That's what you get for using a mouse instead of stylus. Will retrace them with pen tool for a better outline, as shown in the upper torso.
EDIT:
resized the 2nd artwork. The original size was stretching the thread too much. Can't believe I didn't even consider that before uploading. ==

Attachments

• ghoul.jpg
    ghoul.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 464
  • Pothreshro2.jpg
    Pothreshro2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 329
  • sketch.jpg
    sketch.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 284
  • color.jpg
    color.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Level 12
I like those fingers, neatly shaped and colored..!
amazing job!
Its been a long time since I last visited the hive. Now that I've seen this, I can't believe I've uploaded a work that has so less effort in it. lol. Anyway thanks for the compliment. :) Never really did study human anatomy (not sure what it's called) for understanding the scales, ratios, and proportions of a decent body shape. Well technically its a ghost/spirit so I guess shape don't matter. :p But I shall try to look into it when I have to enthusiasm.

Nicely shaped fingers you made.
Which hand do you mean? if its the left hand, thanks for your compliment. If its the right hand, I know it's very rough & effortless looking. Pardon me for I was abit different back then. LOL

On-Topic:
Its been awhile, but I think I'll return to the hive for a while now. :p I'll update some artworks as well. :)

Level 12
What do you mean server? :O Pardon me but I can't quite understand. It's not like we're talking about game server, are we? :p

Anyway did a short quick coloring. Still experimenting I guess. :/

Anyway did a short quick coloring. Still experimenting I guess. :/
Pretty awesome :ogre_love:

Which hand do you mean? if its the left hand, thanks for your compliment. If its the right hand, I know it's very rough & effortless looking. Pardon me for I was abit different back then. LOL
Yes, the left hand :3

Status
Not open for further replies.