• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drawings & Artists You Like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I have a top four list at the moment of favorite artists:
  • Samwise D.: Samwise Didier is my most favorite artist because he is the one who inspired my art style to begin with! Yes. Even back as far as Diablo goes, Didier's work was a style that impressed me and interested me greatly. His style is a mixture of cartoon and realism, which is very much alike my own now. I thank him for his great artistic ability and style. Lets not also forget I love this artist also because he draws amazing crazy shit too!
  • Raneman: The next best thing to Samwise! Sometimes just as good. This guy also has an awesome style that relates to Samwise's and he's also a very good interesting artist in general. I only found out about this artist a year or so ago, so that's a very good start IMO.
  • Robh Ruppel: A Walt Disney artist. The shit this guy draws is both insane and insanely good. He's good with cartoons and great with realism too. He's also a creative artist. That's why he wins over Armin.
  • Armin Mersmann: This artist is simply fucking amazing. It's truly unbelievable and breath taking. His artwork is extremely well done, precise, and proportional, not to mention they're about as photo-realistic as you can get! What makes this artist at the bottom of my current Top 4 list is because I find him to be not a very creative artist. He draws portraits of people, but does not draw things like fantasy creatures such as orcs, knights clad in armor, or impressive landscapes - although he does have a good dried earth landscape drawing - such as castles sitting atop a mountain.
Not a lot of people heard of Armin. I only heard of him earlier this year when I was browsing through technical art in Deviant Art. See his artwork here.

[EDIT]
How the hell did I forget that TDR is on my list too?!

~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 34
I am quite fascinated by Van Gogh. And yeah, Elenai's quite good too. If he just stops making My Little Ponies, he'll get a good chance for 'success'.

Level 21
Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso :infl_thumbs_up:
Of course, THE 2 artists everyone in the world knows about and likes...You don't have to mention them, everyone knows you like them/know of them from the start.

I don't like Picasso, but Salvador Dali is pretty sweet. I'm really a big fan of MC Escher, and I like Michelangelo

Anyway, I'm too ignorant to really know much about any other artists xD

TDR

TDR

Level 18
There's more to cubism that meets the eye. The base of cubism is actually hyper-realism. They wanted, at first, to represent all the sides of an object in the same plane, so you could see the front and back at the same time. It's a pretty sweet idea and it developed into more than that. They were also among the first to use other tools than brushes to do their works, like using a hair brush instead or making collages.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
It's always hard to see how some people draw so well. Better than you and I could ever do - well, especially me.

This kind of thing depresses me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.