• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best MMO after WoW

Vote for 'em!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
*10 million

well, all games that are meant to replace WoW end up shutting down their servers. WoW is the first and the last. They can't compete. 10 million assholes just can't be wrong.

Untill they grow mature and end up at the MMO where the most adults are: EVE.

And besides, nothing is the 'best', yes WoW has the most players but that does not mean it's automaticly awesome.

I really don't find any of them all that popular. The games that should be mmo rarely are. Guild wars was my vote, but at times it can get very boring. The fighting isn't that interesting and getting gold for simple things can be a difficult task. I had a ritualist and i never even figured out how to do the skill linking thing, so in that training exercise i always got dominated.
I think Mass Effect and Oblivion would make good MMO's but sadly they are not.

The best one ever? I like the ideas in runescape, but it's a terrible game. WoW has those ideas with good graphics. In my opinion, half the WoW haters only hate it because it is half the world's life, or their character is no match for online characters.

I sucked at it and i'm pretty tired of hearing about it/paying for it. It's a game.
I don't think there really is a "best"

Level 21
Who says WoW is #1?

I'm not really a fan of the genre, but IMO WoW has been the least annoying mmorpg I've played so far. The graphics are awesome (relatively low-poly, but given the low poly count it looks even more amazing. Even if you're not a fan of the cartoony style, you got to admit that it's a whole art by itself), the rare bugs are only minor bugs and not the typical "fuck this game, I'm uninstalling this crap, stupid bug *grumble grumble*" type of bug that makes the game unplayable. The gameplay is "just another bashing game", but hey, 99% of the mmorpgs are just bashing games (and they are worse when it comes to bashing fun). The other 1% of MMO's that could be called "innovative" are games nobody plays so there's no point in calling them MMOG in the first place.

And most important of all: it's blizzard, and blizzard games have a reputation of being polished to death. And it's the polishing that makes blizzard one of the best gaming companies. And they also have a good service: the servers are great. If you would even think of complaining of lag here, you should try playing any other MMO and you'll never complain about lag in WoW ever again.

Level 24
Untill they grow mature and end up at the MMO where the most adults are: EVE.

Agreed. The only MMO on that list that I'd even heard of was Guild Wars, and the first thing I thought was "No Eve Online? What about Everquest?". Atlantica Online is also supposed to be amazing. And brad.dude03 named off a bunch of other popular ones. Like The Matrix Online is decently big. Isn't Gaia Online supposed to be an MMO? And what about Conquer Online? TQ is a funny company (in an okay way for players, but not in a good way for TQ).

Level 24
10+ million people are also mentally handicapped. 10+ million people are furries, 10+ million people are nazis, 10+ million people are pedophiles, and 10+ million people are republicans. Point.

By virtue of bandwidth usage, WoW is #1.

Level 24
Oh yeah, I forgot about the server merge. It used to have nine servers, except they were all empty. It has a following at least, lol.

Level 2
10+ million people are also mentally handicapped. 10+ million people are furries, 10+ million people are nazis, 10+ million people are pedophiles, and 10+ million people are republicans. Point.

Eh? What's wrong with being a Republican? 10+ million people are Democrats, too. We're all idiots by aligning ourselves to any party at all.

Level 15
You're forgetting the good MMO's that are coming out, namely Crimecraft, which is full of so much win I can't even put it in words. I mean, come on... Gears of War-styled combat, beautiful UT3 graphics, quests all having to do with committing crimes, all-out gang-wars? You can find screenshots of the game here.

Edit: Here's a gameplay teaser which (pardon the pun) looks "gangster". Oh, and I forgot to say that Crimecraft will most definitely bust World of Warcraft... with a headshot.

Last edited:
Level 24
Beat-down is with a melee weapon, headshotting is with powerful single-shot/burst weapons. My head just exploded a little.

Also, now that we're on the third page, time for me to mention Zero Online. That is a funny game. Just... try it out. Shados and I play on Galaxy>Centaurus, whisper me on a Friday.

Level 14
You're forgetting the good MMO's that are coming out, namely Crimecraft, which is full of so much win I can't even put it in words. I mean, come on... Gears of War-styled combat, beautiful UT3 graphics, quests all having to do with committing crimes, all-out gang-wars? You can find screenshots of the game here.

Edit: Here's a gameplay teaser which (pardon the pun) looks "gangster". Oh, and I forgot to say that Crimecraft will most definitely bust World of Warcraft... with a headshot.

thatg does look good...

also I'd say that Darkfall wasn't added!

Level 4
My favorite MMO, next to WoW, is Atlantica Online. Battle System is unique (Turnbased like Final Fantasy) for the MMORPG genre. It's also FREE which is a big plus for me currently. You're party is you and whatever mercs you hired but you can also team up with other players, forming bigger parties. The game's graphics are good for a free MMO aswell.

Level 15
Most free MMORPG's are fail, namely the Korean ones. Runescape ALSO sucks, despite not being of Korean make. Most MMORPG's in general fail in my opinion: I like using my brain to fight as opposed to my level/gear/amount of food/spamfests. That's why I like playing tactical FPS's like Call of Duty 4 and Counterstrike. It's all about your actual skill as opposed to your "level".

Status
Not open for further replies.