1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Reader's Lounge

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Keiji, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Enjoying life. :p Nah, I got married earlier this year, started school and got a new job, all in quick succession of one another, so my available free time has been spent with my family and studying, naturally.

2. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's been a slow start, but I think last night got my hooked finally so I'll probably be reading every day now.

So far I like it a lot.

3. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Kvothe, Kvothe Kvothe! Yay! Everyone must read it!

4. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What part did you hit that got you hooked?

5. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I like the Anarchist's cookbook, It's awesome and devilish. I also did some ton of CCTV Sabotaging.

And I love reading 100 words to make you sound smart, It's really a nice book too :D Thanks cousin <3

6. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Once he starts to tell his story, and
    especially once the troupe is attacked.
    Although it may also just be me. I usually read a book here and there for a bit, then a few chapters in I start wanting to know what happens and I'm hooked.

7. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh man, it's just getting good. The frame story gets good later on, but the first few chapters are definitely a bit slow.

8. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh the magic. I love it. It is so... logical. I hope you will enjoy it.

9. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm almost half way I think. I'm hooked. <3

10. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'll just say, the way the man writes about music is amazing, considering the fact that he's never so much as really played an instrument.

11. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh right, he is pretty good at that. In his interviews many people also assumed he had gone to a university. He had, but only for a short while and he sucked at it. He was pretty good at describing this school feeling too.

Things in this book have really good names and he creates his own authentic kind of slang "What does that have to do with the price of butter" for example.

12. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I believe this can be considered an instance of literary work.

I just finished reading listening to the article How and Why Space X Will Colonize Mars and found it very exciting and informative. A must read for people who care just a little about space.
    This guy goes very much in depth with the article. I believe you will be able to understand everything he talks about from the article itself without any background. It explains why it's important for us to colonize Mars and other planets. I am convinced :).

13. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    How is it going now? Any thoughts on it?

Also, I've finished the first 2 books of the Steelheart series by Brandon Sanderson. They were great, and as usual Brandon Sanderson has held true to form by taking something as common as superheroes and twisting and changing them enough to make a compelling story. I felt that he did a much better job with his characters this time around as well, better than Mistborn, and on-par with Stormlight Archive. I'm eagerly looking forward to the third book.

Also, I just read "The Emperor's Blades", the first book in The Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne. It was an interesting read, but it struggled to keep me hooked at the beginning. However, it got much better towards the end, and I'm working my way through the second book at the moment. I would recommend it.

14. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I finished both Kingkiller books. So good. I love the adventure theme (small story lines instead of one big one). I didn't like the sex in the book.
    The Fae section kinda sucked, and I didn't like how Kvothe's relations are pretty much a teenage wet dream.

Wasn't Firefight a bit disappointing with length? I wanted more! :p

15. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I agree with you on the entire fae section. That scene dragged on a little too long, and the whole sex thing with Felurian was just too much for too long.
    However, I still really enjoy the books as a whole. Also, Patrick Rothfuss is working with Lionsgate on getting a movie deal and TV series worked out, you can read about it here.

And yeah, the end of Firefight came way too soon. Talk about a cliffhanger. Great books, looking forward to the last one.

16. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    is this how it's done?
    Okay. I really couldn't agree more about the
    Fae
    scene. It's boring and long. Aside from that I think I love everything in the books. I can't wait for book 3. I have waited 2-3 years already.

I am still crunching away on Eragon book 3. I have about 7 hours left on it. I keep getting the feeling that the world is actually shallow but they try to make it seem deep by continuously pulling out new names and history out of their ass with no prior reference. I may have high expectations after having read Tolkien and Rothfuss. The story is quite catching though.

17. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is the case in many books,movies and games

18. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the wait for book 3 has been long. I read Wise Man's Fear in one sitting on the day it was released in 2011, it's been a long wait since.

Eragon, for me, falls into the category of "Great when I read it when I was younger, pretty terrible now that I've branched out and read so many different books."

It is LITERALLY Star Wars Episodes 4-6 in a Fantasy world. Young boy lives on farm with Uncle, Uncle dies from fire, Boy runs away with Wise Old Man. Wise Old Man gives him his Father's Sword. Boy joins the rebels, one of the big bad guys is his father, etc.

19. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Some stories are messed up and making a twist on the reader's imagination or it's way of thinking.. :wink:

I read tons of books about pick-locking and CCTV Sabotage. It was enjoying to read it so I tried numerous times on pick-locking some of the principal doors in school and trying to remove the wires of the CCTV and worked <3 Reading the Anarchist's cookbook it's also fun and enjoying. So as Noli Me Tangere & El Filibusterismo By: J.P Rizal is a fun way to understand the culture of the Filipinos in 17-18th Century.

20. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    we should make a warcraft creep paste... I'm really sorry if this is the wrong section, but I'm really puzzled where I should write it?

Readers lodge was my best guess...

I'm not writing it!