• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steampunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Steampunk.

253528147_7ef20b2085.jpg

Do you feel a pleasure by looking at clanking machines billowing smoke marching over a dead-man's-land? Soldiers from the First World War with absurdly advanced genetic and steam technology? Alternate history made cooler and easy to read? I'd suggest you read Scott Westerfield's Leviathan series, which is World War 1, with Steampunk and awesome illustrations.

The illustrations, however, are made of a definite awesome artist named Keith Thompson with a large portfolio of his own both eerily creepy and beautiful art that may be compared to Zdzisław Beksiński's art while at the same time using awesome Steampunk.

However, I made this thread for gushing about my fondness for Steampunk. Here's some Information from Wikipedia about it.

Now that the newbies have read up upon it, I'd like to hear your personal opinions about Steampunk. Personally I think it is an incredibly awesome concept that appeals to me simply because of its coolness. I have read the Tales of the Ketty Jay series, that also is an awesome Steampunk series about aerial fightings, oppressed proletariat, decadent aristocracy, corrupt religions and bitter-sweet romance.

I have also seen some pretty awesome Steampunk models on the Hive. I won't post any links, though.

All-in-all I think Steampunk is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.