1. The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

What was HIVE like when you first joined?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Supernickman 32, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Supernickman 32

Supernickman 32

Resources:
    Resources:
    As you may or may not know back in (2016 i think), when I officially joined the HIVE. I've made thread about venturing into history of the site through Wayback machine(i should revive the 'series' as i've abandoned it), but that's not the point, the point is that ever since then I've been curious about people's expierence of the HIVE back then, and while it's fun to read old comments and threads from the day, I'd like to hear (or in this case read) what it was like for you.
    And it doesn't matter when you joined, I just want to hear what it was like at the time of your joining. As for my first time as memeber of HIVE, well the only thing different i guess would be site's design and amount of people and projects they strive to complete. And I joined for two major reasons; first I've been using HIVE for sometime already, and second; I actually was part Mario makerish (it had its own 'Mario Maker') site, but Nintendo shut it down so I had to move on to something greater and something that wasn't on it's death bed, so HIVE and Warcraft community became my 'new home' of sorts.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. San

San

Icon Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    When I started lurking few years ago we have Icon Moderators with actual skills that inspire people. It's mindblowing really, almost a miracle.

3. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    it had a group of 4chan shitlords posing as the site's elite called "the jury of awesomeness"

it was so cringy and kind of cool at the same time, though the group's leader, captain griffin was really a huge faggot

I wonder what's up with to those niqqas at this point

also it had a well respected, old admin called wolverabid who was kinda the most helpful dude I ever met

and a literal elf called elenai and a dragon furry called pyrite

and a weird aussie vampire chick called werewulf

also I might have unknowingly befriended someone who I assume eventually ended up in the islamic state

hmmm fun times

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You mean like we have right now *A* Icon Mod with pretty good skill, plantsan? ;)

5. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Back in 2013, it was primitive.

6. Arowanna

Arowanna

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Am I supposed to remember what I did in 2007? If nothing else, I remember names. Beyond that, the alcohol has done its job and removed most of the memories in the memory bank.

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hive? You mean Warcraft III Search...