1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Reader's Lounge

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Keiji, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice

2. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I started re-reading Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien, and I'm almost done.

With the current stay indoors when everything goes back to something we got used to, I might start covering up with other book genres.

3. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can recommend the biography about Tolkien as well. More so with the books fresh in memory.

4. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Started reading in english now, which is weird, as I've been used to consume basically all other media in english (videos, games, forums, movies, television) for many years now.

Started off with a few shorter books by Sanderson (Snapshot and the first of the Reckoner Series) as well as his really amazing Skyward and Starsight (which could have been a tad longer for my taste, but great nonetheless).

Finally also got to the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss... and I love it! His descriptive and thoughtfully written style is a very well welcome difference after Sanderson's more simplistic and pragmatic style. Already finished the first book and I'm halfway through A Wise Man's Fear as well.

After that it's proably gonna be more Reckoners and maybe... maybe I'll start The Wheel of Time. We just recently bought the whole series (my wallet bled lol) but I've heard mixed things about it. My mother read it before me and said while they were great, she really had to fight her way through the middle and the last couple of books.

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have realized that despite me having so many hours in
    the newer XCOM games, I never read the XCOM 2 novels.
    Therefore I decided to get them. I did not read much of
    them yet but they seem promising enough.

6. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad to hear it. I listen to these books as audiobooks almost every night and when I wake up in the middle of the night. They're put me in a state suitable for sleep to sweep over me.

7. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Waiting for the third (The Doors of Stone) is damn tough though (Read them, haven't tried audiobook).

8. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am very on the fence about that. I've waited for 10+ years. It will be kinda sad to stop waiting because it's part of the excitement.

I watch every YouTube video with Pat, listen to every podcast where he is interviewed and sometimes also watch him on Twitch for potential breadcrumbs of clues about what's going on in his life :).

9. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Haha, yea I get that, but luckily I have a selection of books I am waiting for. But it was part of my fascination back when I was reading/buying the Deltora books, that there was always a new one coming out (with 15 books in total - at least as far as I own) and the art work on the book sold the idea that each book was part of a whole. The first one had an empty belt, the next the same belt, but with a jewel on it and so forth. Not the best literature I have read, but damn nice.

Speaking of which a book I am currently fairly into, of which I made an epub file (when I discovered that they were just renamed zip files with some code docs in them, so had to try). Hence I'll attach the first 60 pages here (I also really got inspired to make some form of game from this, as I enjoy the lore idea - but that is a bigger project for later).
    The Lord of Mysteries - Just change file type to epub

So yea, even if Hive does not allow attachment of epub, one can just use a zip file as the same :grin:

Attached Files:

10. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I understand the struggle fans are going through; just finished A Wise Man's Fear and I gotta say the series is turning out to be one of my all time favourites.

If the last rumor of august 2020 for the doors of stone is true, then I might have been fortunate to wait such a long time to start :)

11. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't think it will. Check out how sour his response is here:

Also read the comments. People are unhappy with his attitude just because he might not live up to his own expectations.

12. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I haven't read all that much, mostly local language books. Even if I mention them, I doubt any of them hit the international store right now.

13. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe they have, but as fan translations. Sometimes it can be rather surprising to see what spreads.