1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel

Submitted by Valenvai
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Valenvai presents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel
Created by Valenvai

Map Info:

A single player RPG map with new heroes and new abilities, optional quests, exploring and of course a main plot.
You are a hero, new to these lands, seeking fame and fortune unaware of the dark secrets buried deep beneath this seemingly peaceful kingdom.

Features:

• Seven playable heroes (+2 secret heroes to unlock).
  • New Custom spells.
  • Crafted items.
  • Optional Quests.
  • Hidden treasures to find.
  • Riddles to solve.
  • Non-linear world. Wander free around the kingdom and search for quests and treasures!

Screenshot:

Terrain Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • My friends and beta-testers (killerjackal, BlackGuard_4, IceBlue, Sideris, miampyritsanaxa, Garidaki) for their support.
  • Hive Workshop for the place to upload my map.
  • Everyone for their productive feedback (in advance).

Changelog

• Nerfed Dwarven Defender (Riposte ability).
  • Fixed a bug not allowing you to enter Dragonmountain cave, cutting the main plot.
  • Made sign posts bigger. No excuse to become lost now. >:)
  • Some aesthetic changes and neutral buildings (like shops and fountains) don't show on minimap anymore.
  • 27/09/2012 Fixed more bugs.
  • 27/09/2012 Druid spells are in their correct place.
  • 27/09/2012 Defender of Nature (Druid) had its tooltip corrected.
  • 06/10/2012 Added more Optional quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Added a few 'guide' quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Revamped Wolf Companion (Arcane Archer).
  • 06/10/2012 Added more items.
  • 06/10/2012 Some bosses are tougher now.
  • 08/10/2012 Fixed some tooltips.
  • 08/10/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 24/10/2012 Fixed some bugs.
  • 29/10/2012 Added cinematics giving detailed information about the heroes before you select them.
  • 29/10/2012 Added a 'storage' box that you can call anytime and stash your items.
  • 29/10/2012 A few aesthetic changes to cinematics.
  • 29/10/2012 Fixed a bug where you could create more than one artifact of a kind.
  • 30/10/2012 Added a Custom Preview Image.
  • 30/10/2012 Quest giving NPCs have a mark over their head now.
  • 02/11/2012 A few environment fixes.
  • 02/11/2012 Tooltip corrections.
  • 19/11/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 19/11/2012 After public demand I removed some trees and changed a little the terrain. :)
  • 22/11/2012 Fixed a minor bug.
  • 27/11/2012 Gameplay improvements. Minor bug fixes.
  • 28/11/2012 Some balance issues.
  • 29/11/2012 Environment enriching.
  • 29/11/2012 Some balance issues for Druid.
  • 29/11/2012 Fixed some glitches.
  • 03/12/2012 Fixed bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Fixed Arcane Archer's bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Some tooltip corrections.
  • 05/12/2012 Some items got buffed.
  • 08/12/2012 Lowered / balanced the cost of heal and mana potions. [*]17/01/2013 Added a special secret code you can use in the next map/part. The code is shown when you complete the map.
  • 18/02/2013 Bug fixes.
  • 18/02/2013 Some camera improvements.
  • 26/02/2013 Fixed a bug considering a secret hero.
  • 26/02/2013 Minor improvements.
  • 24/03/2013 Found and fixed a nasty little bug breaking an optional quest.
  • 26/03/2013 Improved/fixed some triggers that had a chance to bug the plot.
  • 26/03/2013 Minor terrain improvement and grammar fixes.
  • 11/06/2013 Flamewish's (weapon) area of effect increased.
  • 11/06/2013 Gaeran d'Volen has a new model! (credits to Armel)
  • 11/06/2013 Machine Bow (weapon) slightly nerfed.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor spell tooltip fixes.
  • 25/01/2014 One more riddle type quest added.
  • 28/01/2014 Bug fixes.
  • 28/01/2014 Terrain enrichment.
  • 28/01/2014 The Tomb is now deadlier.
  • 05/02/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 A few camera improvements.
  • 02/05/2014 Building and some cave entrances now have a Circle of Power to be easier to spot.
  • 05/05/2014 Fixed a quest bug.
  • 05/05/2014 A few lore corrections to better fit with Part 2 story.
  • 14/05/2014 Fixed a glitch that sometimes caused a quest mob not appearing where it should be.
  • 18/08/2014 Balanced Samurai's "Smoke Grenade" ability.
  • 18/08/2014 Nerfed Samurai's Special Class Weapon.
  • 18/08/2014 Slightly reduced attack speed bonus gained from Agility. [*]20/08/2014 You can now choose at the begging of game to play with or without cinematics.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor item fixes.
  • 21/08/2014 Fixed a bug that could cut the main plot progress on non-cinematic game mode.
  • 24/08/2014 Fixed a trigger that could lead to a bug.
  • 15/09/2014 Improved some triggers to avoid bugs.
  • 15/09/2014 Terrain enrichement.
  • 15/09/2014 Added some new abilities to certain enemies to increase the challenge.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new quests.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new items.
  • 03/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Trigger improvement to prevent possible glitches.
  • 09/10/2014 Corrected the color of some items.
  • 09/10/2014 Added 4 Rare Enemies that randomly appear in specific locations around the map.
  • 09/10/2014 Added new loot dropped by Rare Enemies.
  • 09/10/2014 Found and fixed a trigger bug.
  • 10/10/2014 Fixed a few memory leaks.
  • 11/10/2014 Minor changes for convenient gameplay.
  • 11/10/2014 Chances to encounter a rare monster were way to small. They are now higher.
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed more memory leaks. (I hope)
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed a bug I created while fixing memory leaks. Flame me at your leisure.
  • 02/02/2015 Minor bug fixes.
  • 04/03/2016 Fixed an item bug.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Warcraft, Dark Angel, Prophecy, Valenvai, Single Player, non-linear
Contents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael [img] Date: 2012/Oct/27 12:29:53 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [img] Reasons: [Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as...
  1. Vengeancekael [​IMG]
    Date: 2012/Oct/27 12:29:53
    [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [​IMG]

Reasons:

[Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.
    Check out the icons section for custom icons made by the community: Icons Section

Comment:
    When you get close to a quest giver, fade out the screen for 0.5s, during that fade-out, move the hero in front of the quest giver, make him face the target and also clear selection circles. Finally fade in again and start the dialogue.
    It would also be better if you gave a quest giver a skill which would have to be clicked to start a dialogue and not start the cutscene once you get close to them. Try adding exclamation marks above the head of quest givers as well.
    The UI icons you've change don't match either, mostly the commandbuttons, I suggest you take a look at icon sets in the Icons section.​
    Not Rated
    [tr]

[​IMG] Rules[/tr]

2. yogiman

yogiman

Resources:
    Resources:
    i really felt pretty lost in this map..

3. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I didn't want to make it linear, like forcing you to go one way and auto-leading you to the quests. It was my intention to make it free-roam...
    Visiting cities, generaly, lets you progress and find quests... but I encourage you to search around the world! Lots of secret stuff out there! :D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  4. yogiman

yogiman

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey i started again and encountered a bug. i straight went to the druid, then to the first spider eggs in the north. after that it told me 5 times: "congratulation, i found the secret hero" for both of them. then i died because my mouse couldnt do anything anymore =/
    did u update it? whats the news?

5. yogiman

yogiman

Resources:
    Resources:
    ah.. and the substantive of "to prophesy" is "propheCy"

6. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wooooooops :xxd:

7. yogiman

yogiman

Resources:
    Resources:
    okok i tried this again but there are too many bugs for me to continue:

-when killing all the bandits on the lake and then finding this statue the quest cant be completed anymore
    -i played the druid cuz, as i mentioned above, somehow the codes appeard. it was nice to play but when i got level 3 suddely the "yunero/juggernaut" hero appeard and i got 2 heros at once
    -when i got to the bridge at the lake a cinematic appeard that had nothing to do with the situation.. or maybe this was made by purpose
    ..thats why i stopped play =( i know its hard fixing bugs but as i imagine u know where to go when u play it so u may dont encounter these things.
    if there werent those bugs , and i think this wont get better during the story, i would love to play this..

8. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh man... in latest version I added some flying critters for aesthetic purposes. It seems they trigger specific locations actions (forgot to exclude them). I will change it asap. Thnx for the feedback. I appreciate it. :)

9. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About the bandits: There is a tree that blocks the way to the bandits camp south of lake. The tree is destroyed when you take the quest opening the way to their leader which must be killed to complete the quest.
    It's strange how you killed him if you didn't take the quest.

10. yogiman

yogiman

Resources:
    Resources:
    ah ok .. i didnt find these trees, sorry!
    im goonna try this again!

11. yogiman

yogiman

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeha.. sorry for my false estimation! i played about 3 hours now and i really enjoyed it, for now i encountered no bug!
    i can give u a feedback when i finished but for now there are some improvements u could make in your new map:
    -in the beginning, make a main quest or/and an intro cinematic so that the player knows there is something behind, and not just killing monsters (like i thought).
    -u can make more different quests and quests that are seperated in quest parts.
    -a backpack system would be nice
    -and of yours, you could work on a nicer terrain

for now, good work mon!

12. Codric

Codric

Resources:
    Resources:
  13. yogiman

yogiman

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey, i continued playing and these are my advices and questions:

-glens hammer and this boat buying quest are no real optional quests. you could make a "quest" with general informations about the map and one "quest" for "gathered infos" like commands u recieved, the teleportation stone infromation etc. in addition u could write the command for crafting the items at glen in the quest. (i couldnt remember =))
    -u may devide the main quests in parts or in more and shorter quests.
    -there is no gold for the later monsters but gold coins to pick up?
    -whats this big ghost in the beginning where the first berry is?
    -mithril morningstar item gives +9 and not +10 damage, "click to use" has no effect..
    -more items would be nice! flamewish is best weapon till now and i got it in the beginning!
    -tomb is a bit too boring, just killing monsteres =/
    -didnt know what to do in the cathetral so far =(

..now im at the tomb riddle but i dont get it.. could u give me a hint or something? i dont wanna pass without looking behind the door =( has it something to do with planets?

14. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thnx for your suggestions... I improved the map with more quests and items.
    I answered your questions with private message, plz don't post spoilers!
    :xxd:

15. WerBackIII

WerBackIII

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A bug:

Just before I went to kill the troll lord, I freed the elf from the cage.

That triggered a cinematic; however, during it, the trolls woke up and attacked me. That shouldn't happen; you may want to trigger the cage indestructible if you haven't killed the troll lord.

16. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good idea... silly me for missing this! Fixing right away!

17. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    here is some quick advice.Warcraft 3 is almost dead,so if you decide to make this map for a long time don't expect "glory",do it for the right reasons.

here is my advice:

1)the golden rule: keep things simple and progressive.

a)add more information when choosing heroes,a little story and the role of the hero should do it.(check out guilds of hyppos for inspiration or sunken city)

b)it's boring to listen to every quest(for some).Add the option to skip it or rearrange the format.For example I like how The black road did this.You get the quest and you get the goal,if you want to read more than you have to go to the quests window and you have a little story...it's perfectly fine for me.The chosen ones has a skip option,that's cool also...sometimes you want to listen to what they have to say.

I have some stuff to do,I will write more later probably.But please do something about those dialogues,i really wanted to play the map more but i just was to bored.It's to slow...I've read it 3-4 times before switching to the next one,and English is my third language...you probably already noticed i'm not a native speaker.I will be glad to test your map as long as I have to,it's refreshing seeing something ambitious in the dying w3 community

18. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was afraid that someone would point that out some time. Indeed choosing heroes could have more details.

A thin line. I don't want to take out the Role Play Game environment. Just clicking on NPCs and getting quests then proceed to kill the monsters is boring to my eyes. I tried my best with the dialogs: To give emotions, character and personality to the NPCs. Main quest 1st part has a LONG dialog, I know. I wanted to keep it that way so the player gets fmiliar with this world's lore; I plan to make more parts, continuing the story.
    The skip option though sounds logical.

Thnx for the feedback! :thumbs_up:

19. fr0ggE

fr0ggE

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just beat the map. I played as the archer with summon wolf spell. Her ultimate broke after I got level 2/3 (level 1 worked fine).

It probably would have been too hard at the end, because one of the monsters in the final dungeon could charm your wolf away, and with no meat tank, I died.

However, I was able to win by finally solving the Glen's Hammer quest. I made 5 (!!!!) Machine Gun bows, and my sixth item was a Mask of Death. After that everything melted in front of me, even the last two boss areas.

I didn't bother completing a lot of the quests because of limited inventory space and the long distances to walk. By the time I had all the way points to warp around and bring this item here and that item there, the gold reward wasn't worth it anymore.

I agree about adding a skip cinematic option, and putting more of the information inside the quests.

Nice map. There were lots of little things that could be improved, but I appreciated a lot of the secrets you hid.

The second "hidden hero"...I could never get the door open to access him. There were two runes in that dungeon that I walked over, but neither did anything.