• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel

Valenvai presents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel
Created by Valenvai

Map Info:

A single player RPG map with new heroes and new abilities, optional quests, exploring and of course a main plot.
You are a hero, new to these lands, seeking fame and fortune unaware of the dark secrets buried deep beneath this seemingly peaceful kingdom.

Features:

• Seven playable heroes (+2 secret heroes to unlock).
  • New Custom spells.
  • Crafted items.
  • Optional Quests.
  • Hidden treasures to find.
  • Riddles to solve.
  • Non-linear world. Wander free around the kingdom and search for quests and treasures!

Screenshot:

tpotda1_zps60d73364.jpg

tpotda3_zpsdbbb1469.jpg

tpotda2_zps7701df4e.jpg

tpotda6_zpsac366be1.jpg

tpotda8_zpsc1101c26.jpg

tpotda4_zpsc842aef7.jpg

tpotda5_zpsca2bebdf.jpg

tpotda7_zps2b14e4da.jpg

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • My friends and beta-testers (killerjackal, BlackGuard_4, IceBlue, Sideris, miampyritsanaxa, Garidaki) for their support.
  • Hive Workshop for the place to upload my map.
  • Everyone for their productive feedback (in advance).

• Nerfed Dwarven Defender (Riposte ability).
  • Fixed a bug not allowing you to enter Dragonmountain cave, cutting the main plot.
  • Made sign posts bigger. No excuse to become lost now. >:)
  • Some aesthetic changes and neutral buildings (like shops and fountains) don't show on minimap anymore.
  • 27/09/2012 Fixed more bugs.
  • 27/09/2012 Druid spells are in their correct place.
  • 27/09/2012 Defender of Nature (Druid) had its tooltip corrected.
  • 06/10/2012 Added more Optional quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Added a few 'guide' quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Revamped Wolf Companion (Arcane Archer).
  • 06/10/2012 Added more items.
  • 06/10/2012 Some bosses are tougher now.
  • 08/10/2012 Fixed some tooltips.
  • 08/10/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 24/10/2012 Fixed some bugs.
  • 29/10/2012 Added cinematics giving detailed information about the heroes before you select them.
  • 29/10/2012 Added a 'storage' box that you can call anytime and stash your items.
  • 29/10/2012 A few aesthetic changes to cinematics.
  • 29/10/2012 Fixed a bug where you could create more than one artifact of a kind.
  • 30/10/2012 Added a Custom Preview Image.
  • 30/10/2012 Quest giving NPCs have a mark over their head now.
  • 02/11/2012 A few environment fixes.
  • 02/11/2012 Tooltip corrections.
  • 19/11/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 19/11/2012 After public demand I removed some trees and changed a little the terrain. :)
  • 22/11/2012 Fixed a minor bug.
  • 27/11/2012 Gameplay improvements. Minor bug fixes.
  • 28/11/2012 Some balance issues.
  • 29/11/2012 Environment enriching.
  • 29/11/2012 Some balance issues for Druid.
  • 29/11/2012 Fixed some glitches.
  • 03/12/2012 Fixed bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Fixed Arcane Archer's bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Some tooltip corrections.
  • 05/12/2012 Some items got buffed.
  • 08/12/2012 Lowered / balanced the cost of heal and mana potions. [*]17/01/2013 Added a special secret code you can use in the next map/part. The code is shown when you complete the map.
  • 18/02/2013 Bug fixes.
  • 18/02/2013 Some camera improvements.
  • 26/02/2013 Fixed a bug considering a secret hero.
  • 26/02/2013 Minor improvements.
  • 24/03/2013 Found and fixed a nasty little bug breaking an optional quest.
  • 26/03/2013 Improved/fixed some triggers that had a chance to bug the plot.
  • 26/03/2013 Minor terrain improvement and grammar fixes.
  • 11/06/2013 Flamewish's (weapon) area of effect increased.
  • 11/06/2013 Gaeran d'Volen has a new model! (credits to Armel)
  • 11/06/2013 Machine Bow (weapon) slightly nerfed.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor spell tooltip fixes.
  • 25/01/2014 One more riddle type quest added.
  • 28/01/2014 Bug fixes.
  • 28/01/2014 Terrain enrichment.
  • 28/01/2014 The Tomb is now deadlier.
  • 05/02/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 A few camera improvements.
  • 02/05/2014 Building and some cave entrances now have a Circle of Power to be easier to spot.
  • 05/05/2014 Fixed a quest bug.
  • 05/05/2014 A few lore corrections to better fit with Part 2 story.
  • 14/05/2014 Fixed a glitch that sometimes caused a quest mob not appearing where it should be.
  • 18/08/2014 Balanced Samurai's "Smoke Grenade" ability.
  • 18/08/2014 Nerfed Samurai's Special Class Weapon.
  • 18/08/2014 Slightly reduced attack speed bonus gained from Agility. [*]20/08/2014 You can now choose at the begging of game to play with or without cinematics.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor item fixes.
  • 21/08/2014 Fixed a bug that could cut the main plot progress on non-cinematic game mode.
  • 24/08/2014 Fixed a trigger that could lead to a bug.
  • 15/09/2014 Improved some triggers to avoid bugs.
  • 15/09/2014 Terrain enrichement.
  • 15/09/2014 Added some new abilities to certain enemies to increase the challenge.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new quests.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new items.
  • 03/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Trigger improvement to prevent possible glitches.
  • 09/10/2014 Corrected the color of some items.
  • 09/10/2014 Added 4 Rare Enemies that randomly appear in specific locations around the map.
  • 09/10/2014 Added new loot dropped by Rare Enemies.
  • 09/10/2014 Found and fixed a trigger bug.
  • 10/10/2014 Fixed a few memory leaks.
  • 11/10/2014 Minor changes for convenient gameplay.
  • 11/10/2014 Chances to encounter a rare monster were way to small. They are now higher.
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed more memory leaks. (I hope)
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed a bug I created while fixing memory leaks. Flame me at your leisure.
  • 02/02/2015 Minor bug fixes.
  • 04/03/2016 Fixed an item bug.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Warcraft, Dark Angel, Prophecy, Valenvai, Single Player, non-linear
Contents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/27 12:29:53 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Reasons: [Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...
Level 9
1. Find Glen and complete the quest he gives.
2. Open your quests panel, find the informative one and check what materials each craft needs.
3. "Right-click" on your material and give it to Glen. After you've given all required materials type -forge. If you've put wrong materials by mistake type -empty and you get your materials back.

It seems I will have to improve the craft system and make it easier to use.

Level 2
there's this problem i wanna ask. the commoner near the bridge with his circle of friends, will he give quest? yes the one with the exclamation point

Last edited:
Level 2
For Glen's hammer try searching to the south :)
For the ghost there is an item near the north_west town :D

oh come on men ! please tell me where is glen -_- i already share this game with my friends and they are really asking ME how do they craft since they know im a member of HW :((

Level 2
Don't do it again XD !
Which commoner :/ ?

the one talking with his other two friends near the broken bridge. when i go near him there's no cinematics that will show and i think its a bug coz i suppose when a NPC has an exclamatory mark above him , he has a quest?

Level 9
the one talking with his other two friends near the broken bridge. when i go near him there's no cinematics that will show and i think its a bug coz i suppose when a NPC has an exclamatory mark above him , he has a quest?

I will look into it. This commoner gives no real quest. He tells you that the bridge to Yiannitsa is broken and in order to reach the city you have to travel all the way around through the mountains. It's more of a 'guide' quest rather than kill things or gather stuff.

Level 2
hey guys i found another problem : or is it?

there is this path(icy path) i followed full of magnataur and polar bears . this path then leads me to a cave entrance. unfortunately when i go near the cave entrance , i was stuck and i wasnt teleported to another place. unlike other cave entrance which leads me to other places. please help me deal with this problem. if this isnt a bug and i need to finish a quest before entering atleast tell me its a quest :)

Level 1
welll...
Above The three tall twins
Among million of legs
Poison duels around me
But i'm pure among the plague.

Where the hell is that place? that quest is killing me...

Level 9
Million of legs
Poison duels around me

These two lines refer to spiders.
So you are looking for a place among spiders which, in contrary to the surroundings, is clear and the spot is marked by 3 tall similar objects.

Hope that helped. :)

Last edited:
Level 1
best map on hiveworkshop for me I just end for hunter and next I´ll try vampire
:) I´m just waiting for part2 I hope part2 shall be like part1 too best (sorry for my english I´m from slovakia) :)

Level 1
I really liked the map, there is plenty of quests, various classes and few collectibles. The only thing im stuck at is the tomb riddle. Any hint maybe?

Level 1
Really neat map! i prefer this over To the bitter end! Ttbe is ridiculously and annoyingly hard!
there are some typo and the player characters only got the same speak for all conversation but then that properly would be too much for you to change that!
i played the dwarf and realized that the ultimate ability only got one level even though you can spend two points on it! and the transformation barely last 30 seconds instead of 60 seconds as it say! kinda frustrating since i've played it pretty long! please fix it!

Level 1
the fact that you have to protect not only your Player chars but also the NPCs surrounded by overpower enemies make it ridiculous for me!
let's be clear you are the one bringing it up first!but well let's end it here!

Level 2
Hey Valenvai ! Did you get my message?
After I sent you the message back, I saw that I have 0 messages in Sent Mail.. so I kept trying to send it to you.. im sorry if you got multiple messages..
If you didn't get my message, please let me know and I will post my reply here. Cheers :)

Level 2
Valenvai it looks like you didn't receive my message, so here it is:

hi there!
Thank you for your very quick reply.
I enjoyed your map.. although I haven't finished it yet. I saved it, but then deleted the map because I gave up hope of finding those things I needed.. then I read your message, and decided to continue my saved game.. but it didn't work because I deleted the map.. haha.. whoops.
I will start again though, probably using the orc warlock, as his inferno summon is said to be OP.. (I don't really like difficult games.. I just want to have fun.. call me lazy.. its ok lol).
I was playing ranger before, and I found it so hard to beat garit, or gerit.. the guy who uses rejuvenation on himself. I even bought staff of silence, but I didn't seem to have enough time to kill him before the silence wore off. . .
Also, with the forging thing, there was another recipe, the last one, to make a machine bow and arrow or something.. can I buy the ingredients for that at the same place as the kakaru eggs?
I really enjoy your map by the way, the only thing is a bit frustrating when I don't know where to go to get certain things... I prefer a bit more clarity. I like the descriptions you give for MOST quests, i.e North East of X city; its simple to find, and yet I don't feel like my hand is being held all the way if you know what I mean.
But maybe other people prefer to search themselves, and not be told where to go. Sigh, hard to please everyone eh? :p
Well I appreciate the help you're giving me for this... I don't mind that
it's completing the map the easy way ~ even with your help I still enjoy it. I don't need to do everything all by my own to enjoy it.
Thanks for your time, and sorry for the ultra long message.
I look forward to your next map, TPOTDA part 2. (Is there a release date set by the way? Any ETA? )

Level 2
Can anyone please tell me how to unlock the 2 secret heroes??

Man I am having trouble getting past the furbolog champions at the bottom..
to get to the ogre mage - the only hero I have been able to do it with so far is Ranger.

I've tried paladin, orc samurai, and orc warlock.. none of those can even come close to getting past the furbologs :p

Level 9
Yes, I remember these Furbolgs. They are quite strong enemies and you should generaly avoid Paeko mountain in low levels. ;)

As for the secret heroes, the one can be found if you are good at exploring and finding secret areas (don't worry you don't need to kill that Furbolgs :D)
The other secret hero can be found by solving a riddle with Runes, further in the game (don't worry, the main plot sends you there so you can't miss it)

If you still have problem to unlock them tell me to send you spoilers in a private message.

Level 2
Found the first secret hero! Yes.. now, how can I kill the banshee?
I'm not sure which item to buy for that :(

EDIT* wait, I just killed the banshee I think.. that big ghost thing near the very start that can only be harmed by spells, right?
Where is his remains?
Or am I killing the wrong monster... where exactly is the real banshee?

Level 2
Finished the map now. I rate it a 5/5. There are so many crap RPG maps out there, and very few good ones. Especially for single player. In fact, I don't think that there are any decent single player RPG maps out there. I like that you have only one hero to control.. I don't like RPG maps where you have to control 2 or more heroes.. it feels less like an RPG.

Here is a list of suggestions for your next map:

- Make any secrets a bit more obvious for players.. otherwise many players will never find them, and won't enjoy the fullness of your map :(
- Add an option to SKIP cinematics, and also add the option to click NEXT to go to the next dialogue part in the cinematics (if that is possible, I am not sure if you can do that)
- add more quests which lead to and tie in with other quests - this is very adventurous.
- Add more items, more powerful items, and item sets. i.e adding a few items together makes one very powerful item
- I don't know if you can do this, but maybe make the hero turn into a different hero quite a few times in the map; like becoming more powerful. This gives great variety. (like wonderboy 3, the dragons trap! do u remember that game?)
- Perhaps have a spell or a skill that can transform the hero into a certain animal which can only go to a certain part of the map, for more quests / storyline quests etc.
- add weather effects.
- add quests which require you to go on a long journey and gives good rewards (this feels very adventurous).
- weapon, armor, and clothing models

I will post more ideas if I think of them. Sorry if my ideas are a bit unrealistic!

Cheers!

Mark

Level 1
A decent work! I really appreciate the open-world design in this map, simple but fun. I suggest you to build a bag system functioning as a second hero of the player to carry the crafting materials and consumable items, since it is inconvenient to always teleport to the storage box or the obsidian statues to get my items. Anyway, good job!