• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Prophecy of the Dark Angel - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The Prophecy of the Dark Angel - Part 2

created by: Valenvai

Prelude

I never liked ships. I always preferred the solid ground beneath my feet and always traveled by land. Yet, there are neither choices nor luxuries at the moment since time is of the essence... What was set free... what I set free on this world is already on the move and although we halted its plans, this is the only thing we succeded to gain. Time. Time in an hourglass with no sand left.
I'm not calling his name. Fearful that he will hear me; ashamed that I fell for his tricks; though I let none of these emotions show on my face. I feel the soldiers' eyes on me. I've heard them whispering to one another, calling me a hero. Perhaps this is the only comfort they feel for the time being and I see no point to take it away from them. I am no hero though... I am a soldier like them but with one more burden to carry except my equipment: Responsibility. This is all my fault and I have to correct it... or die trying.
The Elven Kingdom of Vergheena. The key to our survival is there, lying in deep slumper under the green endless foliage of the elven kingdom. A foliage undisturbed for countless centuries hidding mysteries, secrets, power... and our enemy. He is somewhere there. One step ahead of us.

I heard the captain saying that tomorrow morning we arrive on the capital of Vergheena. The hourglass has no sand left yet we rush...

Description

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel - Part 2 is the sequel to my first map (found here).
After the crucial events that took place in the human kingdom of Yiannitsa a small army is heading to the elven lands of Vergheena seeking allies, hoping to turn the tides and right the wrongs. The Soul of the Dark Angel was always a thorn in the life of mortal races. Elves and Dwarves almost fought one another, each claiming a hold on it. Humans were born to guard it. Yet it seems they failed. How will the leaders of the Elves, the Arcanisters, react in such news? Will their waning loyalty to Gods prevail over their increasing hunger for power?

Features

- Several hours of play
- 12 Heroes to choose from
- Item crafting
- Alchemy proffesion; gather herbs and create potions
- Strategy based boss fights
- Rare drops for the lucky players
- Many optional quests and special rewards for completing them
- Riddles and hidden treasures will test your perception and cunning

Screenshots

TPotDA201-1.jpg

TPotDA206.jpg

TPotDA205.jpg

TPotDA204.jpg

TPotDA203.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_122912_201218_07_zps12a0b161.jpg

Scr6_zpse831223e.jpg

Scr8_zpsc70d1e78.jpg

Scr7_zps2ca768a9.jpg

Scr1_zpsb7c76c06.jpg

Scr13_zpsb23583cf.jpg

Scr12_zpscf68fea8.jpg

Scr11_zpsd134a56e.jpg

Scr10_zps172789aa.jpg

Scr4_zps785e0982.jpg

Scr9_zps994112e5.jpg

Scr2_zpsa7353c4f.jpg

The Heroes

ScreenshotInformation
Warrior_zps0827c053.jpg
Model by: Norinrad
The Dwarf Warrior uses force and tactics to overcome his enemies. Equiped with a mighty hammer and heavy armor, he uses his rage to empower his abilities; he gains mana by taking damage.

- Charge: Rush towards an enemy, stunning him and dealing damage.
- Hammer strike: Strike your enemy with your hammer, stunning him and dealing damage.
- Bladed Platemail (Passive): Increases your armor and adds spikes to your armor that deal damage to melee attackers.
- Second Wind (Trait): When below 15% of your health, taking damage will heal you for 20% of your maximum health. Cannot trigger more than once every 30 seconds.
- Execute (Ultimate): A brutal strike that deals severe damage and has a 50% chance to instantly kill an enemy that is below 15% of his max life.

ScreenshotInformation
Warlock_zps8ccc73cc.jpg
The Orc Warlock is a master of dark forces, able to bind them to his will. He summons demons to fight for him and unleashes shadow energy and curses on his helpless victims.

- Infernal Servant: Summons a tough infernal golem to protect you.
- Shadowbolt: Strikes an enemy with shadow energy, dealing initial damage plus damage over time.
- Curse of Agony: Curses an enemy dealing damage over time.
- Enjoy the Suffering (Trait): Replenishes mana each time you hit an enemy afflicted by any of your curses.
- Gate (Ultimate): Opens a portal to the Abyss allowing random demons to come through it and fight for you.

ScreenshotInformation
Vampire_zpsf308f0af.jpg
Rumors say that the Vampire Plaguemaster was freed by a hero from the dungeons of a bebilith lord. Since then he seeks to destroy any of his captors' allies thus helping the forces of good. He is able to raise the fallen to serve as his bodyguards and snuff the life out of his enemies.

- Blood Boil: Boils the enemy's blood and if the target dies while under the effects of the spell, he spreads a disease to all nearby enemies.
- Bat Swarm: A flock of vampiric bats surrounds you, attacking nearby enemies and healing you for an ammount of the damage they deal.
- Decadence Aura (Passive): Slowly damages all enemies around you.
- Bloodbath (Trait): The Vampire heals a portion of his max health everytime he kills an enemy.
- (Ultimate): Undecided

ScreenshotInformation
Shaman_zps33b2a09d.jpg
Orc Shamans have been the guides of their race for generations. Wise and fearless they answered the call to battle, ready to unleash the fury of the elements upon their foes.

- Chain Lightning: Calls a lightning bolt that damages a target and then jumps to additional nearby enemies.
- Windfury: Dramatically increases your attack speed for a short duration.
- Riptide: Heals a friendly target for an initial then an extra ammount over time.
- Telluric Currents (Trait): Gives your Chain Lightning a chance to restore mana.
- Sunder Earth (Ultimate): Target an area to be hit by an earthquake, damaging enemies standing on it.

ScreenshotInformation
Rogue_zps355c082d.jpg

Model by: Deolrin
Dexterous and cunning, the Rogue uses dirty fighting and subtlety to prevail in combat.

- Sinister Strike: Strikes an enemy dealing damage. Extra damage if the target is stunned.
- Kidney Shot: Damages and stuns an enemy.
- Deadly Throw: A ranged attack that poisons an enemy and slows it's movement speed.
- Swashbuckler (Trait): Gives a chance to avoid attacks and land a critical strike.
- Cold Blood (Ultimate - Passive): Whenever you kill an enemy you have a chance to make your next attack, in the next 5 seconds, instantly kill its target. Does not work on bosses but, instead, deals severe damage to them.

ScreenshotInformation
bb52915b-3bc1-4eaa-9833-3e97264de132_zps80eeb318.jpg
Model by: paladinjst
Paladins are noble warriors, blessed by the Light for their valorous deeds. Fearless zealots, their church is the field of battle, smiting the evil, healing the wounded and rallying their comrades.

- Templar's Strike: Smites the target with holy power, dealing damage.
- Judgement: Heaven justice falls from the sky, stunning the target and dealing damage.
- Crusader Aura (Passive): Increases your attack and movement speed.
- Blessed Weapon (Trait): Your attacks have a chance to heal you.
- Guarded by the Light (Ultimate - Passive): Whenever the Paladin is attacked there is a chance that an angel will come to his aid.

ScreenshotInformation
Mage_zpsf549a06d.jpg
Model by: Elenai
Masters on controling the Weave and shape it into manifests of force, Mages are looked upon with fear, awe or even superstition throughout the world. They have a wide arsenal of deadly spells to bring down on anyone, fool enough, to underestimate them.

- Fireball: Hurls a fiery ball towards the target location dealing damage to all nearby targets upon impact and stunning them for a short duration.
- Frost Nova: Freezes all enemies around the mage, rooting them on spot and dealing minor damage to them.
- Undecided
- Arcane Flows (Trait): Grants minor mana regeneration and grants your attacks a chance to enter a 'Clearcasting state' which refunds the mana cost of your next spell.
- Ice Barrage (Ultimate): Hurls a mass of frost towards an enemy. The mass then bounces to several nearby enemies, dealing a great ammount of damage.

ScreenshotInformation
418a1296-23e1-454a-ab46-fdbeccb71514_zps2a5964d1.jpg
Model by: Frankster
Trained in both magic and sword, the Battlemage combines the benefits from both classes, enhancing his attacks with arcane power, giving him an edge over his enemies.

- Barrage: Bombards an area with magic, dealing damage to all enemies in it.
- Imbue Weapon: Imbues your weapon with magic dealing extra damage with each hit.
- Mana Bomb: Hurls an arcane bomb at the enemy that deals damage over time. The bomb will explode for severe damage if the target casts a spell while holding it.
- (Trait): Undecided

ScreenshotInformation
74bcfc4d-3347-43f0-9466-bd90c3a24ec3_zpse5dcf192.jpg
Model by: Tiki
The Druid is a balanced and versatile class. He can call upon the forest to aid him or shapechange into a deadly predator of the wilds and mangle those who would disturbe the balance of nature.

- Lacerate: Claws the target dealing damage. Deals more damage if you are shapeshifted in bear form.
- Protector of the Forest: Summons a Treant to fight for you.
- Rejuvenation: Heals minor wounds over time.
- Feral Cunning (Trait): Your gain more Mana Regeneration from all sources.
- Shapechange (Ultimate): Transforms the Druid into a bear greatly improving his combat capabilities.

ScreenshotInformation
Barbarian_zps62fef137.jpg
The Barbarian hails from the endless steppes of the north. Self-reliable, guarded by his ancestor's spirits and amazingly strong the Barbarian can instill fear upon his enemies merely by swinging his great axe. Those brave enough to face him will soon find themselves crushed by the tremendous force of not only his muscles but willpower too.

- Heroic Leap: The Barbarian jumps into the fight, damaging and stunning all enemies in the area he lands.
- Berserker Rage: The Barbarian goes into a frenzy, greatly increasing his attack speed but recieving more damage.
- Healing Salve: The Barbarian prepares a salve to soothe the pain and heal minor wounds.
- Survival of the Fittest (Trait): Your attacks deal extra damage depending on your attributes.
- Cleaving Attacks (Ultimate - Passive): The Barbarian strikes with such force that he damages all enemies near his primary target.

ScreenshotInformation
Archer_zpse3ec3539.jpg
Model by: Kuhneghetz
The Archer is a hunter and woodsman living not only by her bow but also her wits. She can call upon the forest animals to help her or use her inherited magical powers that elves share in common to enhance her attacks.

- Wolf Companion: Summons a faithful hound to fight by your side.
- Magic Arrows: Enhaces the Archer's attack with magic, dealing increased damage but draining mana with each shot.
- Marksmanship (Passive): Improves the Archer's damage.
- Thrill of the Hunt (Trait): Gives your attacks a chance to replenish your mana.
- Deadly Shot (Ultimate): Strikes an enemy target dealing severe damage. It has a 0,25x(your Intelligence) chance to deal double damage.

ScreenshotInformation
Weaponmaster_zps0402e481.jpg
Model by: Tauer
Orc weaponmasters are the living proof of high dedication on combat trainning. They become one with their weapon unleashing their fury through it and being the culmination of orcish battle standards they are blessed with ancestral powers reserved only for them.
- Undecided
- Whirlwind: Unleashes a deadly spin of blades upon your foes, damaging them.
- Weapon Finesse (Passive): Increases your damage by a percentage of your Agility.
- (Trait): Undecided

More Heroes' information coming soon. The models used in the map that are or will be shown here, will be credited to their creators/owners when I complete their overview.

Item System

The item slots are the following:

- Weapon
- Shield
- Armor
- Accesories (Boots, Gloves, Cloaks, Helmets)
- Trinkets (Rings, Amulets)
- Consumables (Potions, Food)

Only one of each slot can be equiped at a time except consumables.
There will be no class restrictions (e.g Mages can wear plate if they want to) but specific types of items are better suited for a class than another.

Weapon types are: Sword, Axe, Mace, Staff, Bow. There are no differences between weapons of the same level: An iron sword deals the same damage as an iron staff. Their only difference will be on crafts. Crafted magical Swords have a chance to deal a critical strike, Maces a chance to stun, Axes apply a bleeding effect, Staves enhace your spell capabilities and Bows increase your attack speed.

Weapon materials are (from poor to top quality): Iron, Steel, Elven, Mithril. Better material means better damage for the weapon.

Armor categories are:
1) Cloth. Provides +1 bonus to Intelligence. Types are (from poor to top): Linen Robe, Fur Robe, Spidersilk Robe, Elven shirt, Mithril shirt.
2) Light armor. Provides +1 bonus to Agility. Types are (from poor to top): Leather, Studded leather, Chain, Elven Chain, Mithril Chain.
3) Heavy armor. Provides +1 bonus to Strength. Types are (from poor to top): Splint armor, Scale armor, Plate armor, Elven plate, Mithril plate.

Each level of type increases armor by 1.

Shield materials (from poor to top quality): Wood, Iron, Steel, Elven, Mithril. Shields increase your armor and give you a small chance to completely block a physical attack. Obviously, better material means better protection.

Accesories:
1) Boots: Your Hero is not bare-footed, of course! Boots you find are magical with the common ability to increase your movement speed plus a unique ability, different for each pair of boots.
2) Gloves: Gloves give you a slight bonus to attack speed plus a unique ability, different for each pair of gloves.
3) Cloaks: Cloaks give you a minor protection against magic plus a unique ability, different for each cloak.
4) Helmets: Helmets give you a minor armor bonus plus a unique ability, different for each helmet.

Trinkets: Trinkets include Rings, Amulets, Brooches and other enchanted items with strong magical properties. Common, non-magical jewelry does not fall on this category as their only purpose is to add some gold in your pockets.

Consumables: This category includes Potions, Food, Drink and Elixirs.
- Potions are either Healing or Mana potions. There are four types of potency. As you gain levels greater potions will be needed.
- Food restores your health over time and can be used only out of combat. Taverns or travelling merchants are the usual spots to buy them.
- Drinks restore your mana over time and can be used only out of combat. Taverns or travelling merchants are the usual spots to buy them.
- Elixirs can be crafted after finding and completing specific quests. They provide a major bonus to Strength, Agility or Intelligence (one at a time) and to craft them you need to find specific types and ammounts of herbs.

Item Qualities:

- Poor (Gray): Items of no use except to get some gold by selling them.
- Common (White): Ordinary items with basic bonuses.
- Uncommon (Green): Items with minor magical bonuses. Harder to find and usualy rewarded from completing quests.
- Rare (Blue): Unique items with strong magical bonuses. Even harder to find and usualy rewarded by completing hard quests or Crafting.
- Epic (Purple): Items of power with major magical bonuses. Only obtainable through high reputation in the kingdom or Crafting (by spending a large ammount of resources and time).
- Legendary (Orange): Unique items of godly power. Obtainable only through a combination of Crafting and completition of a heroic task.

Progress

10/12/2012 - The terrain is complete, creep camps and the main bunch of NPCs are placed already. Minor changes might occur.
This week will be dedicated to Hero design; figure out and create their abilities.
17/12/2012 - Several spells are ready. This week will also be dedicated to design more of them.
28/12/2012 - More spells are ready. This week will also be dedicated to design more of them.
07/01/2013 - Rushing to finish all spells.
07/02/2013 - Start making Optional Quests
12/02/2013 - Paused the making of Optional Quests until this poll is closed. Will work on items instead.
19/02/2013 - Basic items are complete. Crafting materials are complete. Will work on crafted items.
22/03/2013 - Crafted items and triggers for crafting them are complete. Moving on to Quest triggering (God save me).
15/10/2013 - Updated. Some models changed. Terrain enriched. More quests triggered.
24/01/2014 - Updated. More quests triggered. Scrapped and remaked Ressurection and Waypoint system.
02/04/2014 - Updated. A few more quests triggered. Added poor quality items. Their only purpose is to sell them and gain more gold.
14/05/2014 - Updated. Riddle Chests are hidden throughout the kingdom and they will test your adventuring skills before giving away their riches!
11/06/2014 - Deleted everything at the "swamp" area. Will design it from start to actually look like a swamp.
13/06/2014 - Changed Fire Mage's ultimate ability.
12/10/2014 - Paused triggering Optional Quests and started working on triggering boss fights.

General Progress

Progress
|||||||||| 9/10
|||||||||| 9/10
|||||||||| 6/10
|||||||||| 8/10
|||||||||| 8/10
|||||||||| 9/10
Terrain NPCs Quests Items Spells Heroes

Please share your thoughts, make suggestions, ask questions, anything that can help make the map enjoyable.
Thnx in advance! :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 2
I loved the first map I hope you make it awesome too!

Please add more crafts if you can!

Level 9
The description was improved with some early information about heroes. Feel free to point out grammatical errors I made. (through private message if possible)

Also thnx for the suggestions and tips so far. Feel free to send me more. :)

Last edited:
Level 2
My idea: Instead of the mini-cinematics that describe heroes make it so a player can click each hero and browse his abilities.
It's less epic but makes it friendlier to players that don't like cinematics.

P.S. I really can't wait for you to complete the map! :p

Level 9
Nice idea but in all terrain screenshots you'v managed to put the wrong vegetation (tree,plant etc) for the terrain. It's not much of a problem but it looks unnatural.

I used some withered trees for the mountains which are a cursed place and the standar Ashenvale tree for the elven style of forest.
What would you suggest?

Last edited:
Level 9
Yes I'm still working on items.
I'm about:
4/5 complete Items from drops
2/5 complete Items from crafting

Hmmm.... Warmage? Dunno. His 2 specializations are Spellsword and Battlemage with the 2nd one being too close to the term Warmage. I welcome any ideas on the name though.

Last edited:
Level 9
One thing that really bothers me though is the inventory system.
1) I will make one extra bag for potions only, to save space. You will be able to use potions from that bag to heal yourself.
2) One extra bag to have some free space.
3) The basic hero inventory will be used for wearing items. But this way I have to make Helmets, Cloaks, Gloves, Boots to be in one category (Accessories) meaning you can wear only one of them. I'd really like to have a way so that you can wear one Helmet AND one Cloak AND one pair of boots etc.

Last edited:
Level 9
Hey guys!

I'm still here, working on the Quest Triggers! I hope you are patient! :p
Depending on your Hero the quests will have different dialogs, there won't be decisions to make but more like why you do it (e.g. Your Vampire hero helps the village for the gold, not of his good heart)

Well... that's the news for now. The 1st step of the main quest is fully triggered, 6 optional quests are done (there will be many more!).

Have fun!

P.S. If you have an idea, a suggestion, question feel free to tell me! :)

Last edited:
Level 4
So lots of triggers will add = =
You are so patient to make a map, which I won't do that and even when I make a map for 1 day, I will give up - -

Last edited:
Level 30
Wow 20 Quests and not yet the half. Thats nice to hear that there are many quests. I have played Part 1 and it s good as I have said but it really lack some enjoyable and UNIQUE qualities. I am hoping for the Part 2 to be bettter. GJ, +2 REP!!:thumbs_up:

Level 20
My previous post was based on the screenshots of the terrain. I suggest you to put trees that is in the theme of the terrain, like so:

WC3ScrnShot_122912_201218_07_zps12a0b161.jpg

See here if you're going for the almost dead-trees at least put in the effort of placing them in a desolated, dead-like terrain, because sunken ruins cliffs don't look good with the trees. Another point is why use cliffs? It would look much more better and natural with natural, non-blizzard cliffs (like in my proj. I barely use cliffs)

And in some screenshots the trees look like they are all equal in height. That is a bad thing, and you should do something about that in the Object Editor. I haven't had a chance to comment on the previous PotDA but at first glance I could say the terrain was average (3/5)...

You know you should also add fogs and skies to these screenshots, so people seeing them would be for a real eye-candy. Also in some screenshots instead of seeing a terrain I see most of tree leaves... it's like a green blob in the way of the camera. Fix that.

Scr12_zpscf68fea8.jpg

And also here near the encampment, you could add more doodads and enhance the ground a little bit more. Right now it looks like a place where random buildings are put.

Scr11_zpsd134a56e.jpg

And here just a suggestion, you could put some overgrown shrubs and leaves to make it look more realistic. Put in some birds flying in the distance also, to put some life in the screenshots.

Scr2_zpsa7353c4f.jpg

Though this is only small, if you're going to put in the wolves that way, I suggest you don't put them in such a linear formation.. this is just a suggestion and it's completely up to you to follow it.

Also someone also mentioned this before but improve your terrain; it needs the fix.

[TD] That's what I suggest. [/TD]

Level 9
Ah well... The project didn't make it to the poll to recieve a Spotlight. It needed one more vote. Bad luck! Maybe next month! :p

Thank you all for your vote. I really hope I'll not let you down and make the map like you want it!

Now on the news:
More quests are made. Some of them really pissed me off to make them work... :p
I'm trying to add many types of quests; not only killing creeps but also testing wands, delivering stuff, solving riddles etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.