1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Hive Workshop Roundtable — Advertise your website here!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hive Workshop, Feb 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jonadrian619

jonadrian619

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Jon Adrian's Modding Hub

The Modding Hub is a website that I have created using Blogger, a blogging service which holds many blogs and websites including the sites and blogs of my friends and family.

This is the place where my Warcraft III maps, my mods and a myriad of things related to modding, are showcased and put together. Some of my major projects are also contained there.

This is meant to be a user-friendly modding website for modders of Warcraft III and for other games that can be legally modified and have either a built-in or external editor (like: Starcraft Campaign Editor, Dune's Shai-Hulud editor, CnC Generals World Builder, Battle Realms Editor, etc.).

For now, this website is still a Work In Progress. The Tutorials, Terrain Gallery, Warcraft III FAQ, and DuneWorld (Dune games/mods inspired by Frank Herbert's novels) are not yet finished due to alot of map-making work. I hope I will have enough time to finish these sections.

When the website gets popular enough, I will add an individual section which contains tips and information on how to create custom maps/data for other games that I come across, and ways on how to use some external editors for those games.

If you want to know a website currently similar to mine, you look at Elilz Warcraft III Hoard. At first it was merely coincidential and it didn't matter, so I just designed by blog the way it was meant to be, and since it's a universal modding website, it's not only Warcraft III stuff that you read. Hmm, and I'm thinkin' of collaborating with him when he starts making maps again (when Sc2 is released according to him).

Thank you for reading through this thread!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. Rakdos Defiler

Rakdos Defiler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ω Domain

[​IMG]
    My forums are still a bit new.
    Today is the first day I have began to invite people other than friends.
    It's still going through some changes, and I wanted to finish them in.
    But my friend Mei continued to bother me about inviting people.
    I have a subforum dedicated to Warcraft 3.
    I wanted to keep the site on an gaming/anime/fun chat type of theme.
    I've never been good at recruiting so this is my pathtic attempt to do so =D
    I am Zequiox, the owner there.
    See ya soon!

Omega Domain

3. HolyRider

HolyRider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    AcidBatch

[​IMG]
    AcidBatch

AcidBatch is a forum dedicated to windows batch files. A batch file is very useful to people who want to save time doing multiple actions at the same time just by clicking an icon.

Lets say that you want to go to 4 different websites. By scripting a batch file you can go to those 4 website just by double-clicking an icon.

The community on AcidBatch is not very big, but we have a couple of friendly moderators that will keep the spammers etc. out of the forum!

So visit today and register to join the community!

4. LiOneSS

LiOneSS

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Nadija.net

This is a site designed for general chat, but it has a WoW, SC and WC3 section too. I will try to set up a chat too. The community is pretty small now, but i hope that will change soon. For any questions contact me here or on the site (my username is LiOneSS)
    HTTP://FORUM.NADIJA.NET

5. The_Elite

The_Elite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcrafters (http://z11.invisionfree.com/warcrafters/index.php?act=idx)

Warcrafters is a site devoted to warcraft 3, with starcraft2 also featured
    I am The_Elite over there (same as here). If you get in quick you could become a moderator:).
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/warcrafters/index.php?act=idx

6. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi all, the interrested!

hello, i decided, the begining of the month, ... to create a forum with my friend about the World Editor... We now have 20 members... :wink: but it's far to be anof .. cause 80% of them are not even posting... So, i need your help!... (you can register to the forum if you want:thumbs_up: or not.. its your choice....)

So, i need your help to improve the forum.. to add usefull sub-forum etc.. so maybe.. people instead of looking at the forum will decide to register to it..:cry:

heres the link --> http://www.heliummaps.tk/

i will take all you comments... with a smile :grin:

(sorry for my english)

7. alfredx_sotn

alfredx_sotn

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome, I'll definitely join it because it has absolutely no benefits.

:D Way to advertise!

8. Drew_

Drew_

Resources:
    Resources:
    SC2Edit.com

Hello! I'm one of the mods on SC2Edit.com, and I figure I'd like to show off our little site.

It's a SC2/WC3 modding site first and foremost. That means WE help, and when SC2 comes out, SE help too. We have a download center for maps. We also have a nice off-topic section. We run SMF.

Furthermore, we host boards for clans. You can contact the admin (admin@sc2edit.com) if you'd like to have your boards hosted there (IMO it's better than a free forum host, we give subdomains).

We hope to eventually be the top place for SC2 mapmaking, but we're willing to share glory with you guys here :p

Thanks for reading!

[​IMG]

9. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    OneElite Forums

Hello everybody,I welcome you to be an Elite at:
    OneElite Forums,a place where you create/view/rate tutorials about .....everything.

[​IMG]
    OneElite Forum
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Here you will start as a normal forum member,then easily evolve as you show us that you have the necesary experience in either a graphycian or a gamer.

We give you tutorials about everything,from games to small advices,your questions shall be answered.

Firstly introduce yoursef and then you are off,to create your tutorials or share you gaming experience with us,be the best.

If you ever feel tired of serious discussion ,come on at the Spammer Heaven and show us how funny you are.

And for all of this,all you require is some good english skill and nothing more.

Be a pro,be elite.

http://oneelite.forum5.com

10. xDaSlicex

xDaSlicex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Clan xENx check out website if u want to join

Hello,this is our clan forum
    http://clan-xenx.do-talk.com/

and if u want to join make an acc on the forum then look for me on warcraft

my forum name is Admin

my wc3 frozen throne name is Thajai

11. Darkey

Darkey

Resources:
    Resources:
    Demon Slayed

Demon Slayed is a new started webcomic created by me. I'm currently trying to advertise it as much as I can, this being the first place I start at. I use World of Warcraft and WoW Model Viewer to make the comic. Here's a little info, can't give much away now as it's newly started and I don't want to spoil things.

Storyline:

Zandor, the leading character is a Blood Elf living a peaceful life with his girlfriend Cassandrah in Kaldor. When the story begins, Zandor is called to his master, Reildar who has something that he would find interesting. From here on, the story has yet to reveal its course.

Characters:

Zandor
    [​IMG]

Zandor is a Blood Elf who lives in Kaldor alongside his girlfriend Cassandrah.
    His personality is that of a Paladin, yet
    his fighting style is that of a Rogue.

Cassandrah
    [​IMG]

Cassandrah is the lover of Zandor. She's a talented mage in the art of Arcane.
    Unlike Zandor, her personality is more egoistic and she takes hers and
    Zandors safety as the highest priority.

Reildar
    [​IMG]

Reildar is presumedly the main villain in this story. He's a brilliant mage and alchemist
    and a very clever strategist. His father was the founder of
    Kaldors towns militia.

???
    [​IMG]

Nothing is currently known about this character other than that he will make an appearance soon.

If you'd like to read and follow the story of Zandor, please visit this link where I'll be updating the comic at least twice a week.

Demon Slayed

12. Don Corleone

Don Corleone

Resources:
    Resources:
    CodeCraft

CodeCraft

Brand new Warcraft III forum dedicated for both the players and the mapmakers!!! The site is owned by me and Megafyr. If you want to learn more about Warcraft III and the World Editor or do you have questions about it, you should definetly register at the forums!!!

CodeCraft - Get Help With WarCraft III

13. LordXavier

LordXavier

Resources:
    Resources:
    Redmond Apparel

Technically, this site isn't mine, it's my brothers. But partially mine! Check it out and leave comments, suggestions, and criticism here! Thanks! (Buy a shirt! we have more designs on order!) ty ZypherXII for pointing out that I forgot a link. http://www.redmondapparel.com/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  14. Koopa124

Koopa124

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    HIVEChan!

[​IMG]

HIVEChan

HIVEChan is a site dedicated to the chronology of The Hive Workshop, and runs a wiki to do this. We're composed mainly of members from the Jury Of Awesome -- an invite only group -- and we're looking to expand our userbase.

We also run a set of forums that comes with -- or eventually will do, as soon as the code is finished -- anonymous posting, different areas and other more 'secretive' things.

We also run a 'quote of the week' system in which every week (starting on the Monday) we post a funny quote on the main page.

What makes this community and site so great is the fact that it's just starting out; you can be part of creating Hive History.

With a friendly, fun and active community, only one question remains; what're you waiting for?

HIVEChan - www. hivechan .co.nr

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  16. Toups

Toups

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need a banner, sig, avatar, etc.?

Hey everyone!
    I was just wondering if any of you needed a sig or avatar or banner or any other graphic to use here on your site!! If so, feel free to visit Open-Designs. We do these things for free where you can request them to be made by anyone on the site (Open Requests) or by the staff (O-D Requests). We also have tons of other stuff to do like a chat, gallery, arcade, shop, pets, and more. If you're interested in visiting then feel free to visit!

( Open-Designs - Index )

17. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Broken Galaxies Roleplay

Broken Galaxies Roleplay :: Index

It's the site for a new Sci-fi roleplay map i'm making. Its recycled from the old RARP site, i didnt want to lose the members and re-do some things.

So ya give suggestions and share ideas and give feedback (When its released)

18. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    RedRain

Hear is mz site made it for 2 hours! Red Rain |

19. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    RedRain

Hear is my site made it for 2 hours! Red Rain |

20. Slaydon

Slaydon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    MS Games Website!

MS GAMES

Join this forum and Say what you think about it!