• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
In light of recent events, I think what everyone really needs is a little bit of light-hearted murder, and in service to all you guys, I offer myself as a narrator to curate this event of debauchery.

General interest from the community will affect the amount of players and roles we have, but if you've never heard of the game I'm speaking of, then it's a good idea that you read up on the rules here.

While I won't be giving away any of the awesome internal dialogue I've prepared, I will let you know one thing about it: It is awesome. As your narrator and god, I deem it necessary that you play this game and we can all get back to having fun and games and not drama, unless of course it's fun drama during the course of the game.

Did I mention my prologue to this is awesome? You should sign up and play so that others get the chance to read it, otherwise it may never again see the light of day. Remember, it's awesome!

Level 2
I'm sure that not everyone has Starcraft II. And besides, the forum version is much more fun and bonding, anyhow. Just be sure to include some special roles if we have enough people. ^^

Level 2
If no one knew what are the roles, this could easily become confusing. People just wouldn't know what to do. Imagine if there was a gunsmith, an armorer, a doctor, a detective, a lookout, a godfather, a consigliere, and several mafioso and townspeople. It just would get too confusing for anyone to keep track off without a good main post.

Level 35
If no one knew what are the roles, this could easily become confusing. People just wouldn't know what to do. Imagine if there was a gunsmith, an armorer, a doctor, a detective, a lookout, a godfather, a consigliere, and several mafioso and townspeople. It just would get too confusing for anyone to keep track off without a good main post.

Point to why they use excel arks for guessing, but as I already said - we might not be talking about the same game of mafia. I for once am not relating to many of the roles you just mentioned, at least not in such a context. For instance: Town is not to know who is mafioso and the mafioso is not to know who have which roles - the same apply to all town. Hence why even bring it up? The story and the night kill actions is what this hinges on. :wink:

Level 2
Point to why they use excel arks for guessing, but as I already said - we might not be talking about the same game of mafia. I for once am not relating to many of the roles you just mentioned, at least not in such a context. For instance: Town is not to know who is mafioso and the mafioso is not to know who have which roles - the same apply to all town. Hence why even bring it up? The story and the night kill actions is what this hinges on. :wink:

In the Mafia games we played in the SC2 Mafia forums(Dark.Revenant's Council of Mages, now renamed SC2Mafia, FYI), we used plenty of roles from the browser-game Mafia(MafiaScum), as well as the SC2 Mafia. My apologies. The grand idea is: The town is the uninformed majority, so they do not know any role, but the mafia is the informed minority, so they can talk at night and they can see eachother's names and roles. There are also neutrals, who's objective is to be the last man standing: People like the Serial Killer, Arsonist, Witch and Cult Leader. I can elaborate on any of those roles, though people who played the SC2 Mafia should know the general idea.

Level 35
In the Mafia games we played in the SC2 Mafia forums(Dark.Revenant's Council of Mages, now renamed SC2Mafia, FYI), we used plenty of roles from the browser-game Mafia(MafiaScum),
as well as the SC2 Mafia. My apologies. The grand idea is: The town is the uninformed majority, so they do not know any role, but the mafia is the informed minority, so they can talk at night and they can see eachother's names and roles. There are also neutrals, who's objective is to be the last man standing: People like the Serial Killer, Arsonist, Witch and Cult Leader. I can elaborate on any of those roles, though people who played the SC2 Mafia should know the general idea.

Yea, you missed my meaning :p But no problem, I'll try again... I been playing this forum game for years by use of GOG who was going directly by the original mafia scum game. My point was that revealing the roles which will be part of the game is not normal procedure where I played it nor do I see it as a good idea, since it spoils certain elements of the game. I did however agree that with new people coming in it might a decent idea to make it easier. (Btw: It sounds nice what you have been doing with SC2 mafia)

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Yea, you missed my meaning :p But no problem, I'll try again... I been playing this forum game for years by use of GOG who was going directly by the original mafia scum game. My point was that revealing the roles which will be part of the game is not normal procedure where I played it nor do I see it as a good idea, since it spoils certain elements of the game. I did however agree that with new people coming in it might a decent idea to make it easier. (Btw: It sounds nice what you have been doing with SC2 mafia)

By all means, things could be a little easier with a detective/cop for certain games. For example, I had a game with 2 bus drivers, and 2 witches. People had no idea who was the mafia or serial killer cause of them. :)

Level 25
Oh man, I've played this when I was just a kid with my class. Brings back so much nostalgia.
I'm in. (I have to admit I have no idea what other roles than simply murderers (mafia) and common villagers are though)
I suppose the doctor can "negate" the murder at night, if he manages to guess who the person the mafia intended to kill during that night is? Or something like that?

---------------------------------------------------
Edit: Oh there was a "role" section on the wikipage as well. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.