• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
If any of you (and I'm sure most of you do) remember the drama that happened a while ago, one of our members (who is now gone) created The Hive Mafia for some good light-hearted fun which was suited to the whole tension in the Hive. Unfortunately, he had left before the game itself could actually start.

The Hive Mafia we are playing is essentially the Mafia you may have played in parties, perhaps under different names such as Werewolf. The general rules still apply and the concept is the same. How responsive the community is will determine the number of roles there will be in the game. If you still have no idea what I'm talking about, I'd be a good idea to take a look at this or read below.

Mafia will comprise of two, possibly three main "factions": The Mafia and the Town. The identities of every player is hidden or unknown from one another, but to one each other, everyone is a Townsperson. Their true identities and motives are mystified. The Mafia's main objective is to bring down everyone not part of them, which is the Town. While the Town's objective is to root out the Mafia and deliver them the justice they deserve.

Along the way there will be Power Roles. These Power or Special Roles will have unique abilities which no one else has. However, their allegiance may either be to the Town, the Mafia or even themselves. There are a variety of roles, too many to expand on in one post. As said before, the number of types of Power Roles will be determined by the community's interest.

Every "night" or round, the Game Master (myself and potentially others), will awake the Mafia and the other Power Roles respectively and there they will discuss, if more than one, or decide, if alone, their course of action. When the "night" is over, the Town, which is everyone (on the surface), will decide who to hang by vote.

The game will take it's course over the forums (obviously). A form of chat may be required or a special outside forum can be created for the groups to discuss. If neither of these work, the groups will simply have to discuss via messages.

tl;dr
We're playing Mafia over the Hive and I think it'd be a good idea of you to join.

I (and perhaps others) will narrate the story to give it a bit of noir flair to it. I've already made a fantastic intro to it. Roles may be adapted as well for more fun and for every action that takes place, murder or save, a bit of writing will come to let your imagination paint a picture for you.

Sign up! We could potentially make this happen! Your roles will be given at random, so no choosing. But the list of involved roles will be listed (no amount though).

Last edited:
Level 8
I'm not, bro - any implication of stalking is either pure paranoia or coincidence. I still wish you'd remove that pic, because it makes you look like a flipping idiot and that spelling error really violates my personal sensibilities.

Otherwise, I'm mildly interested in the game; I wouldn't invest that much time in it though.

Level 12
I'm not, bro - any implication of stalking is either pure paranoia or coincidence. I still wish you'd remove that pic, because it makes you look like a flipping idiot and that spelling error really violates my personal sensibilities.

I like it, despite the self-contradictory grammar mistake.

Otherwise, I'm mildly interested in the game; I wouldn't invest that much time in it though.

You may not have to invest that much time at all. I'll be doing most of the script writing and waking up. You simply have to take a course of action (if solo) or vote (if part of a conglomerate).

No problem? You joining?

Status
Not open for further replies.