• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Cloud RPG.... A Demo release of Valland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, TDHX, i kinda ressurected myself from the dead. I guess i can work kinda half-time as a triggerer. As long its no more crazy systems... got enough of them since 1.24 f'ed my 2d platformer system up... Spells n stuff are fine, but not systems or... basic stuff like hero selection (ok, that shouldnt be too bad, but you know what i mean).

But be aware as its kinda half-time, due to lotsa homeworks (soon exams) and im working a little on my own map.

Level 8
Nice castle exterior and interior glad that I've stumbled upon this on your sig.

I love that fog effect on the 3rd picture over the castle.

I'm also assuming that this is a single player campaign?

Keep up the good work, really it looks fantastic.

Level 18
haha i wish.

The project has been discontinued due to some tecknical difficulties. However it isn't disbanded.

If i can get a full team up and working on it again, then maybe we can finish this damn project lol. ( a full team consists of 2-3 terrainers, 2 scripters, a model editor, a 2d editor, an idea creator, and a object editor. So far only a few of those poisitions were claimed. )

Level 8
haha i wish.

The project has been discontinued due to some tecknical difficulties. However it isn't disbanded.

If i can get a full team up and working on it again, then maybe we can finish this damn project lol. ( a full team consists of 2-3 terrainers, 2 scripters, a model editor, a 2d editor, an idea creator, and a object editor. So far only a few of those poisitions were claimed. )

You ain't making a standalone game goddamn...

Level 18
well let me tell you the problems

1) Models have caused a bug where portraits are no loinger visible. This goes for every single model, including WC3 blizzard ones. I have no idea how to fix it.

2) Loading time on my computer has reached about 5 -10 minutes. This makes testing the map a real pain in the ass.

3) Alot of terrain flaws

4) Map lags alottt

Those 4 things alone are hindering my progress. Asomath was patient with me, same with ozirus, and i wanna thank you guys. ill try and make it so that your work will not be in vein.

I have gotten rid of the Black stan models and will then replace them with WOW rips. Its either WOW rips, or i get a model creator. those are my only options.

Level 21
You'll use an optimizer, and that portrait bug is usually because of a screen fade filter used when a player has selected a model with a portrait that doesn't have a camera object on him! It happens to me all the time.

At certain positions on my screen, units start getting colors like red, when I give them an ability based of Channel.

These bugs suck. >.>

Level 3
Sounding good keep it up TDHX ^^ can't wait to see the map myself I believe I can help on making spells if you need help however I have no experience with JASS vJASS ect. I can create efficient spells using whats given already in the editor

Last edited:
Level 18
k since theres a bit of confusion here :

---- This map has officially discontinued ----

Due to many bugs and errors and massive lag that i can not figure out, the map has discontinued.

Though the chance of map revival is low, it may happen some day. Im very sorry that it had to stop, i knew the hype level for this map was pretty decent, but it just didnt work out. So once again, im sorry for the sad news. im currently doing a multiple array of things so stay tuned in the future for other works.
------------------------

PS. If ANYONE is interested in the map, feel free to give me a private message, and ill give u the most recent version of it. the current size is 65 MB or so, and the map size is 480x480. All models were removed and replaced. NPC's were also taken out because of bugs.

Level 7
Your map is lagging? I started an project using the same set of doodas as you did, and i experienced major lagging too. So it might be 'cause of the HD doodas. ='P

Level 18
For those of you whom i disappointed here is a "recent version" of the map. As well as 2 other Maps that im giving out, since it is not likly to see the light of day.

I have actually been working on Valand edition in secrecy, after ive spent alot of time figuring out the bugs, and have fixed most of them, and have moved on to a different, faster computer and have picked up terraining it again

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=bmhjnq

Status
Not open for further replies.