• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The War of the Ancients: Demo Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So as you can all propably predict--it's a campaign placed in time 10,000 years before the first war between the humans and orcs in the ancient land of Kalimdor where the unaware night elves are caught offguard by the ravaging forces of the Burning Legion. This is not in anyway connected to the books of Richard A. Knaak so instead I'm using the original storyline of Blizzard with lots of stuff added by myself.

Three maps has been finished already and I'm adding more as I go. There will be a grand total of 10-15 maps including all the interludes, credits and propably a secret map or two. This campaign won't introduce any new models, skins etc. and uses only the normal object data--I hope this project will show the mappers that a good campaign doesn't necissarily need anything custom.

Also take a note that this campaign is extreamly difficult--even the first chapter is really hard and you'll propably have to try about two or three times to compleate it. You could use codes, but it will ruin the idea of most of the maps and it won't be nearly as fun as without cheats.

WaroftheAncients-_01.jpg

WaroftheAncients-_04.jpg

I'm posting this here just to inform people about my project, it has been under work for couple of weeks now and I'm making great progress. I'm not looking for any team members, this is an solo project which I'm doing for only my own entertainment. Go download the demo now and after that, post your thoughts about it here. All comments and ideas are welcome.

Link to the demo:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6762&sid=c1caf3f4a2b94ee404e507b064ebd4c5

Status
Not open for further replies.