• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coming soon... The Dark Cloud. The Perfect RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Looks superb, I look forward to hearing more on this project. Fantastic stuff.

Send me a PM for some extra help if needed, I can handle narrative writing, touching up terrain and of course, testing. ;)

Level 18
lol thank u all

ive been thinking about this alot.

If i should get this project hosted or not. It is an unbelievable huge project. and it might be good if i can assemble a team that could help me create this map faster.

Thing is, i dont want the hassle of owning a website, thats to much pressure on me.

My faster internet is arriving soon ( mom has to buy it grrr hurry up xD )

so if you have any skills in : Terraining, Scripting, object editing ( i guess everyone does)
spells and ability creating, and other stuff like creating a loading screen, and UI.
you could show me a map of your skills on this thread, and i might consider you to work on this team.

and lastly, when the map is finished, im gonna need someone to delete extra files of stuff that are being unused,to reduce file size.

this project is taking to long, so i guess this would make it get done quicker.

Level 18
lol 75 % done.

wow damn that sucks lol

o by the way. Someone suggested the idea of making a Dark Cloud ORPG.
The Orpg would not have high resolution models like this one, and it will not be the same as this with the storyline. But it will be playable by multiplayer. I started terraining it. But of course it will also take a long time to complete.

I am planning on releasing both around the same time. but the RPG first, and then the ORPG.

Level 7
It's not supposed to be on bnet because it's a single player game

I'd like to help you but I'm not really that good at anything lol. I could help with the story like adding random stuff in it. Like if you need a random side quest I could probably think of one for you! :D

Level 2
If assistance for this RPG is needed I am here to help. I can do work in the areas of terrain, cinematic direction or the actual narrative itself in terms of characterisation and script. You could send me a PM or something and perhaps we could sort something out.

I am not attached to a project at this moment in time so I am keen to get involved in a large scale project such as this one as soon as possible. Hit me back. :)

Level 18
a download accelerator ?

where can i get one of those ? even though it wont really matter in a month lol.

and BTW, im now looking for a good terrainer.

I know terrainers are impatient, and procrasinating people
(believe me i procrasinate alot too lol )

But i realized that the terrain is taking forever. So PM if you think you are suited for terraining with High resolution models and a very good at placing doodads for RPG expierence.

Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Well, I used DAP- Download Accelerator Plus, picked in an Brazilian site. But can even corrupt some files when downloading. Is very rare, only occured for me 2 times. The acceleration is a bit, meh, but you can stop downloading and start another day (or week) from where you stopped. But your broadband will come soon, so you probably won't need it.

Level 7
Not for a long time I guess.

After he's done with it, the map's gonna go in the testing phase which is going to take some time since the game's kinda long. I don't know how long it is but I'm pretty sure it's going to take about 2 days to complete and maybe more!

Not putting any pressure on you :D Good luck!

Level 18
lol 2 days... it might take waay longer than that.

Once all the quests are put in and shit, it would most likley take a month to actually get to level 50...completeing the first story ( there are two story's)

im not sure when its gonnna be done. However i need a team ....
no one seems to wanna be apart of this : /

Level 18
lol recruitment, ill make one thread :D

and i dont care about noobs taking the idea. because it wont be as good as this one ( and if it is, i can only learn from it :D) Which is why all my maps are unprotected. I feel that everyone should learn from a great map.

and lol MSPRPG =P thats catchy. "The Dark Cloud MSPRPG" lol

Level 8
I'm really excited for this RPG. Unfortunately, I'm only average in every trait (especially terrain), so I have no services to offer.

Level 18
really ?

prehaps this is the start of something good.

right now the map has been dead for a good month.... latly ive been so busy in my real life lol. And right now the map is very messy. Areas are half constructed and whatnot.

But ya, i am about to upload the map to this site as an extreme alpha version. Since it really isn't playble yet (you could play it, but there isn't that much to do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.