• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coming soon... The Dark Cloud. The Perfect RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
dont worry, all types of critisism is welcome.

About the terrain, in responce to Anachron's statment ... there are three things to say.

- judging by the screenshots isn't enough, though it is all i can offer at this time. If you read my last post, i said that screenshots dont embody the game to the best it could.

- ALL of my terrain is NEVER EVER rushed through (check my showcase >.>). I carefully place all doodads, and use as much tile variation, doodad variation, hieght variation, envirnmental effects and correct placement in all my terrains. When it also comes to using High resolution models, i cant spam grass and shrubs. Otherwise, lag becomes immence. So i try to place as much doodads as possible without having to overdue things.

- the last screenshot was actually taken in a place that is still under envirnmental construction ( The Southern Pine Shores). Hence why there may be a lack of flowers and grass around there.

---- In responce to Demon Reaper, im not sure about what you said. It wont be a minigame :p

---- In responce to vercas, when you said first person camera, what do you mean? like an overhead camera? Because right now, the only means of playing is with a 3rd person camera (RPG camera) and most lilky will not have an overhead camera. Why? because the trees get in the way( especially decidous and chestnut trees) The Scale of the game is life like, so the chances of not being able to see things because of something being in the way of the camera are near nothing.

Last but not least, dont worry about extremly harsh critiques. All of them are welcome here. As long as nobody starts flame wars on this thread :p But as RolePlaynGamer said, be constructive with your critisisms. It wouldn't help anybody if someone said they suck at this. Prehaps giving your own advise to help improve upon something will make it even better than it was originally :D

dont worry, all types of critisism is welcome.

About the terrain, in responce to Anachron's statment ... there are three things to say.

- judging by the screenshots isn't enough, though it is all i can offer at this time. If you read my last post, i said that screenshots dont embody the game to the best it could.

- ALL of my terrain is NEVER EVER rushed through (check my showcase >.>). I carefully place all doodads, and use as much tile variation, doodad variation, hieght variation, envirnmental effects and correct placement in all my terrains. When it also comes to using High resolution models, i cant spam grass and shrubs. Otherwise, lag becomes immence. So i try to place as much doodads as possible without having to overdue things.

- the last screenshot was actually taken in a place that is still under envirnmental construction ( The Southern Pine Shores). Hence why there may be a lack of flowers and grass around there.
I am sorry, didn't knew it was just a bad example, so its my mistake.

Anyway, good that we agree at this point :p

Level 18
alright , time for a little thread necromancy :p

I was bored, so i started working on Dread Wood. There is a screenie on the bottom of this post. As you can see it is still under construction ( there is no grass there yet ), for i am trying to figure out what to do with the massive lag that comes with those trees ( Its 9 FPS in that area o_O )

and since im a little bored, ill give you the background story of it :

When the New World was discovered, and when humans began exploring the land, the first place they discovered was Dread Wood. It is directly North of the Elora and is Directly South of Ezmeraldine. The Trees are so dense that light never penetrates through it leaves, making this place very dark and gloomy. A looming, permenant purple fog thrives in Dread Wood, since many poisnious planets give off a certain gas that blankets the area.

A human settlement was made in the Eastern portion of Dread Wood. It is always fighting the common and ancient " Licor Spiders " Which have inhabited it for countless mellenia's. The spider king only known as
"Uroraik Lith" has made pacts with the Dark Cloud, having been promised Dread Wood Expansion if they rid the Elorian's of the land...

Attachments

• 9th Screenie - Dread Wood.jpg
    9th Screenie - Dread Wood.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 148
Level 18
lol.

well that means you two can be alpha/beta testers, since both you, vercas and bestoboy are so commited to this cause and so loyal to me :p

You will be 2 out of the three people to have my map when its ready for testing...
dont expect it anytime soon though... im shooting for the end of march...

Level 21
lol.

well that means you two can be alpha/beta testers, since both you, vercas and bestoboy are so commited to this cause and so loyal to me :p

You will be 2 out of the three people to have my map when its ready for testing...
dont expect it anytime soon though... im shooting for the end of march...

Awesome!
Thank you, :cute: i'll be honored to, and i like testing RPGs, but thisone is "the perfect PRG", so I guess it will be Uber-Cool for RPG lovers like me :grin::grin::grin:

Level 18
well, the official realease for the first version ( 1.0 Beta ) may be coming near the end of this year...

However, the Alpha version (v .02 alpha) which would be an incomplete map, might be released to a few select people near the end of march...

thats what im hopping for anyway >.>

and hopefully, i can make this into the best RPG :D with all ur help, it might be possible ...

Level 8
oh damn! Sounds really awesome! good job for now, I can't wait to play it (if it comes out). If you need help with testing, I can help you... (though you'll probably pick a lot of other people because they have higher priority) Good job with the work so far, nice terrain, sounds perfect.

Level 8
At the end of this year nobody will play Wc3 anymore, when SC2 came out and maybe D3 too.

Theres not even a release date for Either games,
Diablo 3 will probably be in 2010, or even 2011, and Starcraft 2, it says only 2009, but that could be in December.

Once again if you have nothing good to say, or criticize on to help him, Don't post, its useless.

The new picture looks good,
Looking forward to trying the map out, and I'm sure the map will be fine. Keep up the work.

Theres not even a release date for Either games,
Diablo 3 will probably be in 2010, or even 2011, and Starcraft 2, it says only 2009, but that could be in December.

Once again if you have nothing good to say, or criticize on to help him, Don't post, its useless.

The new picture looks good,
Looking forward to trying the map out, and I'm sure the map will be fine. Keep up the work.
Umm I am just trying to hurry him up, because I also want to check out this map o.o

Level 8
Wc4 will come 2010/2011 maybe,... SC2 maybe this year... And about D3.. um.. We'll see. I think beginning of 2010.

I Doubt wc4 will be in 2010 or 2011,
Most of the Warcraft creators are too busy with the game WoW,
AND Blizzard has been hiring new Employees to work on a NEW MMO (WoW 2! -_-)
So Wc4 won't come out in a long time, Sc2 Probably near the end of this year, Maybe.
Diablo 3, either late 2010, or sometime in the middle of 2011. But either way, it will be awhile, and he has quite a bit of time to work. =P
And, Thank you for allowing me to be a tester, =P
You've done great so far. xD

Level 18
update ---

alright. i ed to decrease the size of the mapto about 43 MB ( down from 55 :p)

but because im using cool new music (YouTube - Morrowind Special Edition Soundtrack: Peaceful Waters) and another song, the size is gonna be back around 48 or 49 MB...

progress has been slow terrain-wise, but Roleplayngamer is designing a cool new hero attack system which sounds unbelivabley awsome.

so im still working on the pine shores ( the northern pine shores) ...its looking pretty good. It takes up about 1/3 of the land of the new world...so thats why it takes so ong : /

Level 18
alright

i need some ideas.

i decided how to work the abilities and stuff., so here is the plan :

There will be in the game a special thing called Elemental Affinities, where in the beggining, you have non, you are just a normal person, with the normal abilities (Sprint, Block, Counter(??) and Adrenaline). For these normal abilities, they will always be with you, no matter what elemental Affinity you have. For the normal abilities, there are certain mastery levels for it. Each ability begins as minor. The more you use each spell, the higher your mastery level for that spell gets, and it will be better and better( minor > amateur > novice > average > skilled > major > expert > Master ).

In the game, as you follow the story line, you will collect, one at a time, special stones, specified in order of aquiring them :
1) Fire Stone (red)
2) Water Stone(Blue)
3) Lightning Stone(Yellow)
4) Nature Stone(Green)
5) Air Stone (Grey)
6) Dark Stone (Purple)
7) Arcanum Stone (Pink)
8) Ice Stone (Teal)
9) Leech Stone (Dark Green)
10) Earth Stone (Brown)
11) Celestial Stone (Orange)
12) Light Stone (Light Blue)

You Hero (Seth) can only have one active elemental affinity at a time. Each elemental affinity will grant you 8 abilities, with mastery levels.

This means that you can have a greater mastery level in celestial abilities, and have a amateur mastery level in water abilities.

this is where i need help...
i need people to contribute ideas for abilites and names etc... because i dont want regular Wc3 abilities...its probably going to be triggerbased abilities.

anymore questions on the elemental affinity idea than please telll me. Do u like the idea? dislike it? have any others ?

Level 8
Interesting idea, sounds cool. I think I'll send you some ideas soon.

Okay, here's one for Light Stone
1. The Heavens Above

A ray of light strikes you, healing you and increasing your armor. More rays of light start to strike surrounding units, like a storm, only they damage enemies and heal allies. Lasts 5 seconds: 3 rays per second

Or

2. Righteous Zeal

The hero begins to move and attack faster. Every attack, you have a chance to discharge a righteous beam, either damaging a close-by enemy or healing a nearby ally. Lasts 10 seconds; after 10 seconds, you will get exhausted and attack slower for 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 7
ok let's see....

Hellfire (not good with names)

You summon a series of meteors in an AoE and when each meteor crashes, it explodes into a large fire. The meteor deals initial damage plus the dps from fire as long as they stay in the fire's area.

I'm not really good at ideas too

Level 18
ooo

both sound interesting...

the holy stuff might be a little hard triggerwise...but its definetly possible..

here are some screenies...i was really bored, and decided to cover these areas :

1) a screenie of Elora Wood. This is the surrounding area of Elora... Its basically a calm pine forest. Within the forest depths is Lake Listrange.

2) a screenie of Dread Wood again. Same pic as the one before. Its a creepy place :p

3) a screenie of the southern pine shores. This particular part, known as the lavender fields, is serene and quiete...

4) This is the gate tothe village of ELora. Alothough a tad big, it pales in comparison to Edas Aron, the main city across the Sea...

EDIT: o by the way, all these areas are still under detail construction. As you can see in the first one, there are no rocks or flowers...im still working on specific details...

Attachments

• TDC 1 - Elora Wood.jpg
    TDC 1 - Elora Wood.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 186
  • TDC 2 - Dread Wood.jpg
    TDC 2 - Dread Wood.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 133
  • TDC 4 - Gates of Elora.jpg
    TDC 4 - Gates of Elora.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Level 7
Wow your terrain is so awesome. I for one have god awful terraining so to me you're a god!
Oh and I thought of another skill

Lightning:
Heavy Rain - Just rain uhhh you can add any effect you want :D

Dark Lightning - Calls forth a bolt of lightning from the sky that damages the target and partially damages nearby enemies around the target. It also slows them down.

They're no that good but I thought it would be nice to have synergies between skills. You don't have to use them, just giving a sort of "example" or "base idea" for a synergy type skill :D

Level 7
No I mean like, you use a skill, and then when you use another skill, you'll do bonus damage
Like dump alcohol on someone and it makes them miss a lot, then use fire which will do damage plus damage per second. Then there will be an explosion that will deal bonus damage because the target was drenched in alcohol then burned
Something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.