• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coming soon... The Dark Cloud. The Perfect RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Nice ok dont take this to heart just a thought but don't you think you're overloading yourself just a bit? I mean The Wheel of Time, The Dark Cloud, and now an Expansion to TDC? I mean if you can handle it then thats fine! :grin:

Level 14
Dear Sir, we need to talk about bossfights and instances. You cannot have the perfect RPG (although it is looking very good) unless you have succesfully implemented these huge obstacles and "challenges" to the players gameplay style. How are they coming along for you? Have you read my tutorial on the basics of bossfights? You've got my attention and I want to see if you have worked on my specializing field~

~Asomath

Level 18
its not. Matter of fact...its far from perfect... there are so many flaws in the current map that i decided to make another one.

Thing is the title is meant to imply that it will be perfect. My goal was to make it the best RPG ever....so far thats not going to well.

But i got a new wind...im creating a demo for everyone to at least try to enjoy.

Edit : lol thanks Asomath =) i read ur tutorial a minute ago and its very nice. It actually helped me alot...because i was having trouble percieving how my game would have bossfights with just a single player. but im figuring it out at the moment for my demo.

Level 7
still active? if it is then i would just like to ask if this map is in any way related to the original dark cloud game? because from what i have read it has no watsoever relation.

Level 18
Level 6
His GOAL is perfection, which is somthing you should reach for, even if it is impossible.

I don't think this is true. In order to reach for perfection you need to have the capacity to make something perfect (it needs to be possible), otherwise you will just collapse under the weight of the obstacles you've created (i.e. this mapmaker).

You need to understand your own limitations and work with them, otherwise you'll end up with.. well what this project has become right now.

Level 4
just wondering...
what would you think the progress in % be at right now?
cant wait to try it if ur releasing demos or betas

Level 18
the percentage is really iffy at this point in time.

though lots of shit is getting done. So im estimating the demo is 25 % done right now. but thats not a consistent figure, as we are always making new features, and having more ideas and expanding the explorable world.

Status
Not open for further replies.