• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
~BUMP~
I have a person doing the Defias Bandit, but it will take a while...

Husidusidu, sorry I dont have the maps yet. I was busy. Im doing them now.

I havent heard from the triggerer in a while so I dont have the map transfer done yet :(
I muight have to do it myself which will take a while.

Fan, The short grass actually makes it look more like Elwynn

WorldofWarcraft3, umm.... hi?

Im out guys to get some pics of the minimap of the mines.

-Monkeypieman9

Level 4
Well i decided to make three different mines:
a very small one
a small one
and a slightly bigger one
Got a new pc today and just imported some models, tomorrow i will start work on those.
Sunday mhm ... maybe i will do something on sunday maybe not
you will hear of my progres ;)

Level 24
Why cant you make all 3 or atleast small and verry small one in the same map? It would lower map size ;)

Level 6
because.... the mines are seperate. Could be done either way. but this way its easier trigger wise. We wont have to add scripts/triggers for each spawn point based on the entry point.

The triggerer has returned to work so i expect the transfer to be finished at least mostly by the time husidu gets the mines and elwynn done.

After all this we will shift focus to Stormwind.(husidu will you be doing stormwind too?)

i was just thinking.... how many people will still be playing when this project is done?

Edit: I PMed a member of the Warcraft 3:WoW I asked if they would be kind as to donate their progress to this one. Please note that their project is inactive.

Last edited:
Level 6
I am VERY VERY pleased to announce that I have cut months of work off of this project's development. Due to wacraft 3:WoW's downfall I have been able to locate their already developed maps. with some help from husidu we should be ale to get them ready for our use. WOOHOO!!!

Now on the downside... the maps were made to support classes, so Major trigger mods will need to be made. Terrain tiles need switched a bit. maps are partially done not fully. Map names are hard to determine what the maps are so they will need changed. It only works with v 1.24 and higher but my warcraft is unable to be patched that high for reasons i dont wish to discuss.

The bright side is there is a bunch of premade units and models. After i look over the maps more thoroughly i will attempt to make them compatible with versions lower then 1.24 and i will upload them here for my team to analyze and edit as needed.

Level 6
in order to make the content avalible for use under v 1.24, almost every trigger has to be redone, objects must be duplicated into the custom units/doodads as the v1.24 puts them under a section called Campaign Units/doodads. Maybe a few other things.... So do you guys think its worth it?

Level 24
Hehe well that's good so how's it going with Elwynn so far maybe we can know what you've left to do?

Level 24
This will be a campaign for the latest verision of wc3 so no it wount be multiplayer friendly.

Level 6
actually im trying to make it for every version by removing the 1.24 version changes from the new maps. No it will not be multiplayer. One reason being the it exceeds the mb limit by a long shot. And second... Its just meant to be singleplayer... Cant have more than one Chosen One, it nullifies the point.

Level 6
uhhh... well i want to be kinda original. But I will make the level cap increase as we get stuff done. In the end it might be a good round 100. That way players wont have such a hard time going through maps with no help from other players. Creep levels will be about the same as in wow...

Level 24
Well I think that wow is fun since it dosent have unnecesery many levels so I would suggest level cap at 70 and just make northrend zones for 10 levels lower then they are in the real game. Still if you want your game to have about the same levling cap as flyff you would need to make 1 zone in eastern kingdoms that is for level 40-50 instead of 3 as in wow. 3 zones in one continent that are for the same level cap might sound retarded but it's actully nice and provides you with diffrent quests and envoierment.

Just my opinon ;)

Level 6
Well, i chose 100 not only for the fact that you are alone (maybe I will let you have a partner...Hmm something to think about.) Anyways, I was going to make battlegrounds, but they will be like their own zone. Of course the one I have in mind so far can only be playable once. Its the one where you get the alliance and Horde to sign a treaty. Problem is, the Horde soldiers dont want you near Thrall the new appointed leader of the Horde. So you have to fight the elite soldiers (level 80-90) to talk to him.

Level 12
Here's the banner you requested. =)
attachment.php

Attachments

• TCO Banner.png
    TCO Banner.png
    483.3 KB · Views: 603
Level 6
In my spare time I am attempting to write a book. So I wont be on here checking in as much. Be assured however that when each map is done, I will do my part and spawn the creeps,loot,etc.
Due to the Hive's Advertising rule I cant post here where you can read what I have so far. Therefore if you feel like reading it pm me and Ill give the link.

Level 4
greetings

Just to tell you about my progress :
The cave maps have to wait some time
so far i need to write some
well in german we say "Bewerbungen"
dunno if its called applications in english
because on next friday i get my school report so I need to finish my applications. Which u may imagine is more important for me.

If someone else want to do the mine maps just pm me if you want my layouts (you can see them in my elwynn ablum) or do some by ur own.

I will start work again when i finished my applications
so far i dont know when i finished.
Maybe on monday

Level 24
Well I think that you should make a hunter class that can tame beasts because that not only allows you to have a companion but it also creates a class unice skill. ( I dont know how unic is spelled.) And how about a battlegrounds like AV, WSG and AB but you battle the scourge or the burning legion instead of Horde/Alliance? Oh and please add Uldum and Mount Hyjal since I hated that you couldn't enter these places betwen Vanilla and WOTLK and I hated sitting and waiting to be able to enter these zones. ( And yes I realise that it will take probebly years before they will be added but still I'm just saying. ( And technicly we where able to enter parts of Uldum in Vanilla wow. ( C'Thun was imprisoned in Uldum.)))

Level 4
Well actually CThun WAS imprisoned in Uldum, but after he got his powers back, he formed the qiraji, which settled the ruins of Uldum and rebuild it as Ahn'Qiraj

(why the fuck it is spell Qiraji and Ahn'Qiraj .. theres missing an i :D and: are the qiraj ksovarian albanians? :D)

I think a Qiraji area for its own would be VERY cool :D

Level 6
instead of a pet i was thinking more along the lines of a horde companion who strives for the same goal of peace... but if you want the WoW-like Hunter pet companion thing thats fine too :). BTW I dont know that much about the history of WoW... so I cant really answer those questions.

Level 24
Actully I dont know about that idea that would make the game more like the choosen two. Anyways if you ever need answers about some lore questions you can alweys ask me ;) (Or look it up on wowwiki since that probebly would be faster.)

Level 51
Well actually CThun WAS imprisoned in Uldum, but after he got his powers back, he formed the qiraji, which settled the ruins of Uldum and rebuild it as Ahn'Qiraj

(why the fuck it is spell Qiraji and Ahn'Qiraj .. theres missing an i :D and: are the qiraj ksovarian albanians? :D)

I think a Qiraji area for its own would be VERY cool :D

Well, ACTUALLY, uldum isn't Ahn'Qiraj, as far as I know. They're seperate places

Level 24
Actully they are the same places just that Ahn'Qiraj was renamed by C'Thun after that he used the corrupted Silith to dig him out of his prison in uldum. Even thought there's no prof that they are the same places we know that the pantheon created three prisons for the old gods. Ulduar, Uldaman and Uldum, and as we know Yogg-Saron where imprisoned in Ulduar and it would be stupid to even consider the possibility of C'Thun being imprisoned in Uldaman we are left with the option that he would been imprisoned in Uldum. Also the two regions Uldum and Ahn'Qiraj is conected for a reason and take 5 seconds to look at the landscape of both regions. So knowing where Yogg-Saron and C'Thun was imprisoned we can jump to the conclution of N'Zath being imprisoned in Uldaman. However he has in some way broken free and poisoned the emerald dream to create a so called emerald nightmare, making Ysera pissed of.

However to return to the project, I would say send a forsaken that serves Sylvanas since she is really tricky and would probebly want to gain something out of it, unlike Thrall.

Level 4
What about a genie/ghost that follows him
since he is the chosen one, i think the light will help him
what about a light genie/ghost that helps him which will level also and may change the form

Level 24
I'd say that you should use a dark ranger since they are the banshe queens most trusted servents and she have full confidense that non of them screws something up.

Level 51
Uldum

Ahn'quiraj was a part of uldum, it was, responding to wow wiki a titan research post.

But to stop the offtopic ultimately now, i suggest to add the hero some ghost, like, his died father or mother who gives him tipps all over the time andwho can, for example help him in very difficult sitations with some ultimate spell, that can't used a long time than.

Level 5
Hmm, the project sounds interesting, although im not a huge fan of rpg's. If you want I'd be willing to answer any lore questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.