• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well if you are not ready to put time and dedication to the project maybe you're not the best coworker. You have the potential to make awsome maps I have no doubt of that, but if you refuse simply because it takes to long time then I'm sorry but I'll have to say that then you are not the best terreiner.

Some people out there have to do other things than just hang arround on their pc
u know that maybe? What about stop cry and be a bit productive duh? Nobody likes whining kids that do nothing but cry ;)

Level 24
Well actualy I am working on a litle project of my own and I will not lose intrest for this one, but back to topic.

How do you intend to work with stormwind will the building be enterable, will you set all the shops outside the building or will you make circles that when players enter they'll be teleported into another small area?

Level 4
These pictures look looots better. But I still suggest you to switch on the village tileset or find a custom one. The lordaron sommer tileset looks just horrible.

did that now
it looks much better not this comic like style :D
thank for that advise

let us choose
which one u all like more?

summer (left) or village (right)

206846-albums4871-picture48296.jpg

Level 4
ah and to the sw question
i found an awesome doodad set for that
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93560&highlight=tree
looks almost like the original

for entering buildings:
just simple triggers and also a mark on the ground, to show which buildings are enterable and which ones not
like in WoW not all are enterable and duh
what can u do with 500 buildings that all look the same?
right ! absolutely nothing xD

Level 4
As I said before: yes
not all (for what someone want to enter 500 buildings where he can do absolutely nothing?) but some will be

2 more new screens of elwynn
i think tomorrow the outside stuff will be finished

206846-albums4871-picture48325.jpg

u may remember this one ;)
206846-albums4871-picture48324.jpg

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

"The Tower of Azora" & "Princess" fun places to visit...

FYI there was no path leading to the tower. The entrance was facing the kobold mine to the north and the road went past the base of the hill it was on. The tower was level with the rest of the ground stright up to near the kobold mine where it sunk down a slight bit. From the road the land sloped up, and when it got near the tower a hill was formed.
Princess also had 2 boar guards that followed her around.

Level 4
oh wow ur mind is awesome :D
i cant remember those places very well but i choosed paved paths instead of dirt since it looks much better in wc3 engine
i wont be able to make it 100% wow like (if you see a screen of the whole map you see it is a bit squeezed) but i think you all can see what it should be in WoW ;)

i wont place units, i hate to do level system etc.

Btw Yayoi
http://mmo4ever.com/wow/gfx/maps/large/12.jpg
the mine left to the stonecairn lake
was it a big mine or just a little cave?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

That's the kobold cave. It's exactly the same as the one in elwynn but near the end areas it turned into a spider area where a few red spiders and a rare elite boss monster (motherfang?) was. She was a large red spider.
BTW I only know all the details of pre-cataclysm, didn't play cata for long. I also know most of the mobs and what they look like in certain areas... Wow, I played for way to long...

PS: If you need more map room, I can get you a 480x480 map.

Level 4
I also do it like classic because i never started cata
so i think i will do 1 mine and someone will add a spawn system for different creep types

and thanks for the bigger mapsize. maybe i will need it maybe i wont
will come back to that maybe ;)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

NP,The creep system would be easy btw.

Level 24
I dont really think it should be your duty to create creeps just to add em into the map.

Level 6
on for only this post, internet still out and i have to leave my friends soon. Worldofwarcraft 3, a beta map wont be out for a while but hang in there. Next, about to creeps, levels, and loot, I planned on doing them (hey i need something to do, i cant make you all do everything.). Husidusidu, Elwynn looks really great, I havent even seen some of the doodads in the editor. Hope I didnt miss anything.... I will try to check back in when my internet comes back on in a few days.

- Monkeypieman9 out

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Oh BTW, I am still trying to find someone to make models of creeps... so if anyone knows of a good modeler please ask them.

No double posting & make the map without custom creeps for now. When you finish a map people are more willing to make models for it.

Level 4
let us take a look what we need as models fo elwynn so far

gnolls : there are enough models in normal wc3
kobolds: the same
murlocs: same as gnolls and kobolds
wild animals: we have wolves and pigs in editor no need
i imported a cow model so far
for devias people, well i think there are enough models here on hive that look like human rogues or so

today i think i will upload the finished ver of elwynn, but maybe tomorrow. depends on how i'm doing with the enterable buildings.

Level 24
You might be able to use the models from warcraft 3:World of WarCraft if you ask Cracka_J nicely ;)

Level 4
Elwynn is ready now ;)

enjoy to explore it
btw: there are some improvable things:
- i didnt used all imported models ... maybe someone wanna delete the not used ones? :) i wont do that since i am a very lazy person
- as u may notice not all buildings are enterable. i cant remember all of them (the farms are all not enterable) but from my point of view, the map delivers enough yet, this is not wow, nobody want to spend 3 hours in 1 area. but if you totally disagree with me: add it ;) there are enough usefull doodads
- the area arround the enterable buildings looks a bit crappy, you wont notice it that much, maybe i will fix it but so far i am pissed of elwynn

tomorrow i will start the mines of elwynn (well its just 1 mine only filled all the time with other creeps)
maybe somebody has a map of the mines? :)

well i think ill need time for that till friday, after that i will stop some time (just mapping is booooring) then i will start to do stormwind

greetings
Husidusidu

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Theres two mines you need to make.
Two of the small kobold ones are the same, and then theres a giant kobold mine (3x? bigger than the other one)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nope =/ But its more or less just a maze with 2 dead ends and 2 entrances.
Here are pictures of some revisions you should make.

Click them to see a big version

You did a good job at showing the general area and what it looks like, but there are way more trees than there should be, and some specific buildings are missing. (I know they will be put there eventually.)
My suggestion would be to use the 480x480 map if your going for 90% accuracy on the re-creation, because the areas seem a bit to quick to walk to and small.

Level 4
Oh thank you very much

i think i will add the goldtooth hill and also recreate the hogger place. and ofc i will delete the farm in the lvl 1-6 area and place some tents there

i know that some spots are not on the terrain level they should be the problem here is the terrible wc3 engine with lower and raise cliffs etc. its the same like creating two different levels of water. The trees are also a big problem: normally they are much bigger but then you wouldnt be able to see your character out of a 3rd person view. To few trees let the area look a bit alone

i dont know yet if i add the crazy cat ladys house

The problem is that nobody wants to play a 1 to 1 copy of WoW, therefore i could play WoW not to forget that there is another storyline and i am not that common with WoW nowdays ...
also we should not forget that the explorer unit now walks with 522 ms, a normal rpg unit may walk with 270, a bit more than the half of it. I think every area should be done in at least one hour

Its like you do a cover of a piece of music: you want to put some personal style in it

but still thank your for these advises i look what i can do with that some changes are an absolutely must

Level 6
husidusidu, im looking over the map now.Im also working on a new style of battleground. Because this will be a single player WoW type game, Im making a battleground where you train troops (they will probably be all heroes and named after the classes (warrior, rouge, mage, warlock, druid, etc.).). The battleground Im working on is the ....well, its a secret for now....

UPDATE:
A DEMO VERSION WILL BE RELEASED AFTER WE GET THE HUMAN LANDS FINSHED (WESTFALL, STORMWIND, ELWYNN, ETC). Husidusidu, after you fix up Elwynn be sure to remove that link.

-Monkeypieman9

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yes those are the rules of the site. Your not allowed to double post unless your last post was 48 hours before.

Level 6
~bump~
Husidusidu, i got done reviewing you map. It looks really good. A few things to add though, like sight blockers between the map and the inside of the buildings. Also add them between the buildings. That way it looks a bit better when you can see into another building. Also consider pathing blockers, place them on higher mountains so players cant just go over them to get to stormwind. Other then that its just what I was looking for.

Note: The symptoms have lessened so It may not have been my appendix.

Level 4
you can block special terrains like the one i used for mountains by a trigger i think
but as i said i am very very lazy :p it makes me just agressive placing all those blockers so i search for someone whos nice enough to do that ;)

oh and ofc as darklycan51 mentioned it:
ure just able to edit it with jass new gen pack, because of the dooda limit in the normal editor

Level 6
Here is what I would like to get done before Aug 31...
Elwynn
Stormwind
Echo Ridge, Jasperlode, and Fargolode Mines
Westfall
Redridge Mountains
Darkshire
Map and item transfer system
item storage system
Creep spawns
Some Items
Loot Tables

Hope this doesnt seem too unreasonable.

BTW yayoi, the rule for double posting:
Double posting is posting two consecutive posts. You should have a reason to do so.
I have reason to do so. Also it said that rules labeled Etiquette can be ignored.
That settles that.

-Monkeypieman9

Level 24
That's the kind of spirit I want to see IGNORE THE RULE BOOK

(even thogh I like that kind of spirit I still think that you should not break the rules they exist for a reason)

Level 24
Yes I understand that and I'm to be 100% truthfull not completly sure of the rules and I should never accuse someone of breaking the rules unless it was crystal clear I was simply pointing out that I like that people say screw the rules. If I have done anything to offend you I want to appologise.

Level 4
The terrain looks great now, though, I think you should reduce the use of the short grass or how it is called, and add a bit more normal grass. Also, you need to heighten the water a bit, so it is walkable. Otherwise, you won't be able to get to the isles ^^

i thought of someone who is nice enough to make a swim animation for the main character and use him as an amphibic unit ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.