• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The 2 Player Night Elf Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, 5th chapter complete, woohoo! That should have been done a long time ago, actually but I've been pretty stressed out the last few weeks, so I just didnt find the time to do it.

I'll probably be adding a bit more to insane mode (before Tyrande and Furion split up).
E: Also, 100th post, heh I'm really ocd about numbers

Level 19
I'll be doing a bit of updates on some of the chapters in a few days, mainly adding some game texts that I have missed previously and fixing some sounds (I was playing the wrong one) but I've been told that there is a bug in the code (in either chapter 2 or 3) which wont load your items correctly, so you may want to wait untill that.

Level 19
I just made some fixes (mainly concerning the code). It appears the code wasnt saved properly in the first place (every since the 1st night elf chapter). Hopefully, they will work correctly now.

I also fixed some sound issues when exchanching resources.

Level 19
Yes, it is.

I'm busy with end year exams and real life problems, which take up most of my time. All the exams should be over by the end of this week, which will open up a ton of time. Hopefully I can get back on track quickly.

I also have some small updates for the already uploaded chapters (which wont affect the code).

I may at some point change how the code is saved, which will most likely reduce the code size by a good amount. I intend to also save bonus stats (Agility, Strenght, Intelligence), which means I have to add the tomes back (not a big deal, really). That would mean that existing codes will stop working (unless you have the old versions of the maps). Not sure when I will do that (if I do) but it wont be before I finish the whole campaign for sure.

I also plan to redo some of the loading/saving triggers to make them simpler and better readable, and also add some more comments in case someone wants to check how it works. I may edit the current saveload system (Acehart's) so it is a bit more efficient and adapted for my needs. I dont really want to replace it, since that will most likely stop existing codes from working.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hello Gismo.

Hope you are making some good progress on chapter 6!
I would like to suggest that you add a save/load system that saves its code in a text file in a folder in the Warcraft 3 directory called "2 Player Campaign". This will make it so much more enjoyable to load characters. Several maps have this feature already, so it is certainly possible.

Level 19
Hi,

progress is going a bit slow mainly because I dont have much ideas for the custom hero. I have made one of his abilities (a passive one, which I am really proud of because it looks very pleasing, imo) and have a pretty good idea for the second but still havent thought of the rest.

As for the save/load system, I started using Aceharts because of the 8th orc chapter. I just decided to continue using it throughout the campaign.
I may give it a try once the campaign is finished but first I want to see how much I can shorten the code using this system (again, once the campaign is finished).

Anyways, I am gonna be making a few small updates to some chapters today, and then focusing more on the 6th chapter. It isnt that far away from being finished, actually. I think all that is left are the hero spells and then I can upload a beta (without saving/loading but still something).

Also, school ends tommorrow. Gotta love that day of the year!

E: Almost forgot, you asked me a while ago about uploading the maps to MMH. I will do that when the campaign is finished as annoying bugs always appear out of nowhere and I dont really want to flood MMH.

Level 19
Well, windows 7 sucks. It deleted the map yesterday. Luckily, I remember pretty much everything I did (and mostly how I did it).
I tried using Recuve to recover it but it was corrupted. The strange thing is that it was supposedly replaced by AMD a week ago, when I was editting it yesterday.
It sucks, but it aint that bad. I messed up a couple of things, so I'll be trying a new approach to them.

Level 8
Well, windows 7 sucks. It deleted the map yesterday. Luckily, I remember pretty much everything I did (and mostly how I did it).
I tried using Recuve to recover it but it was corrupted. The strange thing is that it was supposedly replaced by AMD a week ago, when I was editting it yesterday.
It sucks, but it aint that bad. I messed up a couple of things, so I'll be trying a new approach to them.

Dat sux. I hape you can get your stuff back. Sounds like a virus tho.

Level 19
Well, my drive did get pretty full yesterday (~900 MB left). Although, I did uninstall some stuff like Dota 2 and Steam (which likes to throw garbage at my C drive) but that was before I last opened the map. Not to mention that the map was used very often, yet some files that I havent even seen in a month were there intact.
It was also the only file being deleted from that directory (twice according to Recuva, about a month ago when I dont remember having it on this PC in the first place).
Nothing else is missing, and the computer itself is working very well.

Anyways, it gives me a chance of trying out a tool Im working on right now.

Level 19
Very good news! I finished with my summer job a few days ago and now I got the time to work on this again!
I already did some updates on TheSpoon's orc chapters, and got the 8th chapter transfered to him so they can be uploaded in one single pack.

As for the 6th NE chapter, I recoded the mage's prerequisits(its kind of hard to explain without ruining the surprise - it is going be quite different from a normal hero) yet again but this time I am much more satisfied. I no longer use any projectile systems - I handle everything myself. It is a bit limited but its all I need, and it looks very good.
I made sure that it is as configurable as possible. That way, the spells will much, much easier to do. Probably halving their total code, atleast.
I am very pleased with how the system is doing. I learned tons of new stuff while making it and I am very glad I tried to redo it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Awesome - cannot wait to try it out!

Quick question - once you finish this would you be doing one of the 2 most awesome campaigns left - the TFT Blood Elf and Undead one - I love the elven one simply because I like the units and the last chaper and I would love to see the dynamic in the undead one where 1 player gains levels and the other loses levels.

Level 19
Dont know - I have to ask McQvaBlood if he/she still wants to work on them. There is a beta of the 1st blood elf chapter somewhere on the hosted forums but not much since. McQva seems to have went inactive for the past couple of months which doesnt help really.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Dont know - I have to ask McQvaBlood if he/she still wants to work on them. There is a beta of the 1st blood elf chapter somewhere on the hosted forums but not much since. McQva seems to have went inactive for the past couple of months which doesnt help really.

Go for the undead one then - nobody has worked on that one AFAIK and McQvaBlood will probably not object seeing as he's probably got other things in life to tend to. Even if he had plans for them - he's an awesome guy and I doubt would have any issues with it.

Level 1
Go for the undead one then - nobody has worked on that one AFAIK and McQvaBlood will probably not object seeing as he's probably got other things in life to tend to. Even if he had plans for them - he's an awesome guy and I doubt would have any issues with it.
Not entirely true - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/2-player-scourge-campaign-256309/. But it's a bit abandoned indeed.

Anyway, let Gismo finish his awesome job with NE campaign and don't press him :) Good luck on your final steps, Gismo!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Not entirely true - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/2-player-scourge-campaign-256309/. But it's a bit abandoned indeed.

Anyway, let Gismo finish his awesome job with NE campaign and don't press him :) Good luck on your final steps, Gismo!

Yeah - I know that one but it's only 1 map and from what me and a friend played of it it was quite buggy - nowhere near as polished as Gismo, McQva or Spoon's maps.

Yeah - I am eager to play the 6th chapter - my favourite one from that campaign ^_^

And we can only guess what comes next ^_^

Level 19
Yeah, sorry for not saying anything in some time.
I have pretty much done the spells, I just need to find some more appropriate models and icons.
For the most part, it shouldnt be a problem if I dont find any. Those are kind of simple (in theory), so I might be able to make something myself (rip good looks).

Also, sorry for delaying this chapter for so long. My life in the past few months has been really stressfull - from my first summer job (which wasnt as stressfull as it was tiring, tbh) to starting my last year at school, to finding out that I am getting cross-eyed.

On the bright side, I just finished something I have been trying to study for the past year which opens a lot more time.

I will try my best to finish it as soon as possible. I just dont want to sacrifice quality in the end product - I want to make as polished as possible before the release, unlike a lot of the chapters I have released before.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Yeah, sorry for not saying anything in some time.
I have pretty much done the spells, I just need to find some more appropriate models and icons.
For the most part, it shouldnt be a problem if I dont find any. Those are kind of simple (in theory), so I might be able to make something myself (rip good looks).

Also, sorry for delaying this chapter for so long. My life in the past few months has been really stressfull - from my first summer job (which wasnt as stressfull as it was tiring, tbh) to starting my last year at school, to finding out that I am getting cross-eyed.

On the bright side, I just finished something I have been trying to study for the past year which opens a lot more time.

I will try my best to finish it as soon as possible. I just dont want to sacrifice quality in the end product - I want to make as polished as possible before the release, unlike a lot of the chapters I have released before.

No problem man, don''t feel rushed. We love these maps and don't mind waiting as long as it takes.

I dearly hope your condition improves as much as possible. Health over everything else after all :)

Level 1
Chapter 06: A Destiny of Flame and Sorrow

When it will be approximattely released? :)

Thx for answer :))

It would be best christmass gift to comlete it by the end of the years ;o)

Level 19
A couple of weeks have passed since the last update, sorry for that.

The 2 Player Campaign's forums have finally been updated with links and credits.
I will be posting a bit more information and updates later today.

I will still be updating this thread untill all night elf chapters are finished.

A beta of the 6th night elf chapter will most likely be released untill the end of the month.

Level 19
Here it comes!

Keep in mind it is a beta, so bugs are expected, although I did check the bigger candidates to make sure they dont cause problems.

Also, Loramus has 2 abilities right now. Not sure if I should add an ultimate ability. Not exactly sure what it should be.
(uploaded it to the first post)
E: Okay, it appears I cant attach it multiple times. Here it is
E2: Update, removed some stuff that I left in by accident and fixed a bad bug. Fixed a number of typos, too

Last edited:
Level 1
Here it comes!

Keep in mind it is a beta, so bugs are expected, although I did check the bigger candidates to make sure they dont cause problems.

Also, Loramus has 2 abilities right now. Not sure if I should add an ultimate ability. Not exactly sure what it should be.
(uploaded it to the first post)
E: Okay, it appears I cant attach it multiple times. Here it is
E2: Update, removed some stuff that I left in by accident and fixed a bad bug. Fixed a number of typos, too

Perfect! It's great to see that you're still making progress - gives people hope again. Thank you for not giving up and continuing the hard work! :)

P.S. will you also update the main page of this thread? I guess you will when the 6th map is no longer considered as beta version right?

Level 1
There is a bug when illidan claims the skull of gul dan ,the cinematic freeze and he dont transforms into demon anyway awesome work Gismo i hope you make keal story to.

Level 19
Did a quick update with some fixes (link in main post updated). I didnt encounter the bug you mentioned but I did find a couple in the cinematic. I also fixed some of the text messages and colors that were left over for some reason.

Gonna be doing a bigger update in a few days. I will probably be updating the map download thread on the forum to make look fancier, as well.

Level 16
The last Mission is going to be interesting.
I know I have seen that map alone more times made by users then any other of those campaign maps.
I myself have one, and Forsaken has a pretty cool version.
Perhaps some of those idea would be Incorporated.

Mine is playable even in RoC since it sticks much to the Original as possible, while Forsaken take on it its just something I think He should of started a campaign for.
I think he even made the last orc Mission too.
I've seen his map, but never played them. Nor have I played any of the 2P Campaigns for that matter, I just really liked the idea back then (and still do) and will wait untill all RoC are finished to do so. Nonetheless, his maps seemed very well made from what I could see in the threads.
Please keep this in mind as you work on the final map :)

I have seen a lot of good work over the last year (well more then that) But im still waiting for the project to finish. No real rush, I been working on sc1 again, nearly a decade later before i come back to it, Making a coop for the original missions too, but I am busy updating the maps since blizzard left sloppy work. (still good job, just combing through it updating stuff)

Level 19
Relatively big update on the 6th chapter:
  • Pyroblast no longer deals damage to nearby enemies. Instead, it burns the target for a short amount of time (only dealing damage).
  • When Loramus dies, his orbs will no longer glitch out - they will either die (if their are orbiting him) or continue towards their target. Reviving him also works properly now.
  • Changed the end game sounds to be similar to the ones used in TheSpoon's maps.
  • The victory screen will display items properly (bug from last update).

Just need to give him a 3rd spell, get him a proper icon [rainbow]*sneaky fix*[/rainbow] and change his name (Loramus is a demon hunter, lorewise not a mage. Also, not gonna be a 'war' mage anymore).
E: Forgot to say, link stays the same (Hail Pastebin! Hurrah!)

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Will you be doing the Blood Elf campaign as well?

*fingers crossed for my favourite one of them all*

Level 19
Probably. But I'm gonna be doing updates to most maps of the RoC campaign.
I'll be trying to fix all bug I can find (a decent amount of them are already written down in the 2p-campaign forum) as well as improving a lot of the current systems like resource/unit exchanging, sharing tech/researches and even (at some point, probably last) the code length.

Status
Not open for further replies.