1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The 2 Player Night Elf Campaign

Discussion in 'The 2 Player Campaign' started by Gismo359, Jun 19, 2014.

1. radu2fast4you

radu2fast4you

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you :)) Its late here atm, but I will test it tomorrow with my friend and I will get back to you. Btw you didn't answer my second question, am I dl the updated version of the second map if i am taking it from your original post from "attached files" ?

2. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry, guess I missed it. The latest version is in the attached files, yes. If the map is marked as available for testing/yellow, the latest version will be here. If it is marked as released, there will be a link next to it.
    Plus, I hadnt touched the problematic trigger at all, so it couldnt be because of the version. I really should start numbering them properly, but I always forget :ogre_hurrhurr:

3. radu2fast4you

radu2fast4you

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi there, I tested it with my friend just now, the bug i mentioned is fixed and everything is fine until the first gateway. When we take it the player who is not the host gets dc'ed ( our connection is stable, we tested it a few times :D ) . So basically the same problem as the one in the start of the mission.

4. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll fix it as soon as I can. The problem was an action in the trigger that causes de-sync. When I fix it I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Fixed it, and other similar ones. Attachment updated.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  5. Ziday

Ziday

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just wanted to thank you for continuing this. Me and a friend has been waiting anxiously for any sort of update from thespoon, and we were really sad when we realized he suddenly disappeared from the internet. Again, a sincere thanks from us and also a lot of other lurkers who downloads these maps! :)

6. radu2fast4you

radu2fast4you

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ty mate :)) I will test it today with my friend and I will edit this post when we are done to tell you more info about the map. Cheers !

7. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds really interesting. I noticed though, Searing arrows is duration based? Or is that CnP text leftovers? xD

8. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Woops, that has to be damage, I remember it was really late when I was making that.

Thank you, I appreciate that :)

9. radu2fast4you

radu2fast4you

Resources:
    Resources:
    Done testing ; all is working fine with the exception of the last cinematic ; it does not end. The units walk to the corner of the screen and the game summary does not appear. As if the trigger Cinematic Mode Off is not there. As a direct result we did not get the code for the next mission. Everything else looks and plays stellar ! Did not encounter any other bugs. Great job !

P.S. We tested on insane mode only.

10. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, just found that out too. Updated the attachment with the fix, I hope there arent anymore major bugs.

Also, I tested it with a random, who had maphack. The map appeared to disregard ANY delays of any kind. For some reason the -new didnt work, too, but there werent any bugs in the triggers.

11. Warzkins

Warzkins

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank u for continuating work of Spoon :d very much people wait for this on Gameranger and a lot of my friends :D Hope u will end this and work on other campaings too :)

12. Dmaj

Dmaj

Resources:
    Resources:
    You still working on this?

13. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I am but I've been busy lately, so progress is a bit slow.

14. Dmaj

Dmaj

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, reasonable. Hope you finish it soon. :)

I started working on the TFT Scourge Campaign, but people showed no interest at all for the thread, so I don't think I'll upload it here at all.

15. nimeral

nimeral

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good luck, Gismo369, I'm eager to play the whole 2P RoC and I'm very glad that you're working on it! Hope I'll help with testing soon.

16. Mezaluh

Mezaluh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Of course people are interested in it. There are just far too many threads, so it's hard to keep track, what is done, what is under development and what is cancelled. It would be best, to update this thread, since it's the first one found by Google. The thread, we are currently talking, was at the end of a long chain of desperate attempts to find the night elven campaign.

EDIT: And I am really happy, the development of the project is not dead :)

17. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If I could, I would. But it ain't that easy.

On another note, I've been getting back into the swing of things so I'll probably be finishing up the 2nd chapter and focusing more on the 3rd soon. I'll probably change Shandris' first ability, yet again, because it just doesnt fit. I hate doing archer spells.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  18. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Shandris will be playable. Well then goodluck!

19. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please keep working on this. The RoC campaigns are by far the most fun to play 2p since there is the tech tree progression with each chapter. I cannot endorse your work on this enough! Please, make sure you'll finish it :).

20. nimeral

nimeral

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've just tested missons 1 and 2, on normal difficulty.
    First of all, -new doesn't work in 2nd mission, that's why I started from the 1st one :) 1st seems great and complete.
    2nd mission seem to have no major bugs expect non-working -new. I can only mention that:
    1) rank system suspects to be broken (I got rank A for the second mission and total rank E for two missions, while I've completed 2nd mission decently);
    2) I got 0/20 units survived while there was about ten survivors;
    3) Mission suspects to start too late: I've got 3 "time-circles" after the start while in original campaign there's the very start of night when you start mission.

So, good luck with the 3rd mission! Let me recommend to use 2nd mission hero for the 3rd one, because Shandris looks a bit overpowered and because you said you don't like working with her. Anyway, 2nd hero doesn't mean much IMHO, so you don't have to worry about "doesn't fit" stuff a lot :)