• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The 2 Player Night Elf Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19

Note: This thread is outdated, and information in it may not be (fully) correct.

2P Night Elf Campaign: Eternity's End

General Information

This is a continuation of TheSpoon's 2 Player Reign of Chaos Campaigns.
There you can also find the expansion campaigns developed by McQvaBlood.
It is an attempt to recreate the experience of the Warcraft 3 campaigns
by allowing you to play with a friend, using save/load codes
to load data between chapters.

General Changes

1. Players can exchange resources.
  2. Players can exchange some units, if the other player has the food capacity for them.

1. Chapter 2 : Daughters of the Moon.
    2. Chapter 5 : Brothers in Blood.
  3. Has two modes : Normal and Insane.
  4. Maps are made harded to compensate for the addittion of another hero and units.
  5. The maps have a score system to indicate how well the players have done.

Progress

1. Red - Not started.
  2. Orange - Work in progress.
  3. Yellow - Open for testing.
  4. Green - Released.
  1. Chapter 01: Enemies at the Gate [Download]
  2. Chapter 02: Daughters of the Moon [Download]
  3. Chapter 03: The Awakening of Stormrage [Download]
  4. Chapter 04: The Druids Arise [Download]
  5. Chapter 05: Brothers in Blood [Download]
  6. Chapter 06: A Destiny of Flame and Sorrow [Download]
  7. Interlude: The Last Guardian + Chapter 07: Twilight of the Gods

Credits

Special Thanks

TheSpoon for starting the project.
McQvaBlood for starting the expansion campaigns.
Blizzard for making Warcarft 3 and the campaigns.
The Hive, the Helper, Wc3c (and other),
for providing excellent resources and tutorials.

Also thanks to:

See the credits.

Last edited:
Level 19
I wish I could work on this more, but God's going 'yolo mode' on my city for about a week now. Once I get free time it starts raining with lightnings every 10 seconds. Really getting on my nerves. Hopefully, the weather will clear up in a few days and I can actually use my computer.

Edit: 30 mimutes after I say that the electricity went off and stayed off for about 12 hours. On top of that it ruined most of my internet providers cables and the only way to access it is via my phone. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Last edited:
Level 16
The last Mission is going to be interesting.
I know I have seen that map alone more times made by users then any other of those campaign maps.
I myself have one, and Forsaken has a pretty cool version.
Perhaps some of those idea would be Incorporated.

Mine is playable even in RoC since it sticks much to the Original as possible, while Forsaken take on it its just something I think He should of started a campaign for.
I think he even made the last orc Mission too.

Level 12
I want to see how the minigame style map where Tyrande has to get past patroling doom guards will play out as 2P, I for one hope to see pretty much an overhaul with some coop puzzle elements since there would be nothing more too do for a 2nd player in the normal blizz map.

Level 19
The last Mission is going to be interesting.
I know I have seen that map alone more times made by users then any other of those campaign maps.
I myself have one, and Forsaken has a pretty cool version.
Perhaps some of those idea would be Incorporated.

Mine is playable even in RoC since it sticks much to the Original as possible, while Forsaken take on it its just something I think He should of started a campaign for.
I think he even made the last orc Mission too.

I've seen his map, but never played them. Nor have I played any of the 2P Campaigns for that matter, I just really liked the idea back then (and still do) and will wait untill all RoC are finished to do so. Nonetheless, his maps seemed very well made from what I could see in the threads.

I want to see how the minigame style map where Tyrande has to get past patroling doom guards will play out as 2P, I for one hope to see pretty much an overhaul with some coop puzzle elements since there would be nothing more too do for a 2nd player in the normal blizz map.

Overhaul? Maybe not, but I will try and increase the difficulty to the point that there is something hard except the Undead base in some situations.

I also tried tinkering a bit with the description, I added a bit more info about the maps and heroes. Not sure how it'll work out, though.

EDIT: I cleaned up the description and added all the heroes that will be futured in the campaign (may change).
I'm not so happy about Shandris' abilities but for now they'll do. I'm also looking for a model for Loramus, and I'll be thankful if someone can spare me the search, aka link me a suitable model.
Anyone who has suggestions about Shandris', Su'ura's and Loramus' abilites is welcome to share them in this thread.

Last edited:
Level 19
shall we test it

Feel free to do so, if you find any bugs you can post them in this thread.
Also forgot to mention in the previous post that Shandris' abilities arent entirely balanced, so they may be a bit OP (particularly Poison Arrow).
EDIT: It will give you a bad code because I forgot to change some stuff after remaking the spells, so it wont work for the next map for sure. I'll fix it when I get on my PC.
EDIT2: I fixed the code so, unless I have missed something, it should stay compatible with the next mission. I also fixed some other stuff I found.
EDIT3: Found some bugs and now they are fixed, rebalanced the Tri-Shot abillity, making it worth taking. I would have uploaded it a few hours ago, but I couldnt open the hive, and then my electricity stopped, so bad luck all around.
EDIT4: *double posted on accident*Fixed the quests and some alliance problems that occured at the start. Finished the endgame score and the code is now given properly. Also did some other fixes, like the cinematic skipping not working properly, the start texts being

Last edited:
Level 19
Version 1.1: Exchanging works properly now. Previously, the code wouldnt save your rank correctly, that has been fixed. Changed Su'ura's portrait so it isnt the same as Shandris'. Fixed the Poison Arrow abillity and now it doesnt deal 40/50/60 dps instead of the intended 10/20/30. Other stuff which I cant remember.

Level 19
Version 1.2 of chapter 1: New spells for Shandris - this time I'm feeling more confident with them, although still not entirely sure. I did some bugfixes, which I dont recall entirely. The way the code is encoded has changed so old codes from previous versions will not be compatible with the second chapter, sorry about that. Decided to remove the '-info' and -'char' commands because they had spoilers and unnecessary information. Also removed some spoilers from the description above. In Insane mode: Paladin has proper AOE holy light, human base has guard towers.

EDIT: As for the double post, as far as I remember there's nothing wrong in double posting every 24 hours, with good reason (which I think this is). Hope that still applies.

EDIT2: Fixed the paladin not leveling up, and a few minor bugs and details.

EDIT3: I forgot to mention, I'll be uploading a beta for the 2nd mission in a couple of days, just have to get the saving stuff, cinematic skipping and insane mode stuff finished. I'll probably be doing Su'ura's spells after that. Also, the first chapter seems mostly finished, couldnt find anymore bugs but I'll try testing a few mre time just in case, dont wanna upload a half broken map like the first time :p

Last edited:
Level 19
It depends on the map. The current one is, in my opinion, the most boring of all campaign missions, so its boring to make and that makes it take longer. Even with that, the longest part is the balancing.
I'm not counting IRL issues.
About contributing... Well, the only way is testing a map and reporting bugs and your thought about the map.

Also, I was going to upload the first mission to the map section yesterday, but my cable internet stopped for some reason, pretty sure the broke because its 12 years old. As soon as I can move the map to a computer with internet I'll upload it.
It also has a slight change in the code, so if you got your code from version 1.2 you can easily fixing it by:
deleting the second and third part of the code
Other changes have been made.

Last edited:
Level 19
Aaand... the seconds chapter is open for testing. I'll update Su'ura's spells in the thread in a few minutes. I couldn't test it fully, but I willl a bit later. The code from the previous chapter works at least.

EDIT: Tested, and fixed alot of bugs.

Last edited:
Level 1
I have encountered a problem with my friend when playing the second map. After the cinematic ends and we make our first steps, the doom guards start talking and whoever is NOT the host gets disconnected from the game. Is it a known bug, or are we doing something wrong ? Maybe I don't have the latest version of the second map can u tell me where to dl it from ( i took it from the bottom of your original post Gismo359 ) . Thank you in advanced !

P.S. Keep up the good work !!! You are doing a fantastic job with these, I have been playing W3 since it got released and I am always exited for a new map :)

Level 19
I have encountered a problem with my friend when playing the second map. After the cinematic ends and we make our first steps, the doom guards start talking and whoever is NOT the host gets disconnected from the game. Is it a known bug, or are we doing something wrong ? Maybe I don't have the latest version of the second map can u tell me where to dl it from ( i took it from the bottom of your original post Gismo359 ) . Thank you in advanced !

P.S. Keep up the good work !!! You are doing a fantastic job with these, I have been playing W3 since it got released and I am always exited for a new map :)

Are you sure your connection is good? I did not encounter such problems but I will test again just to be sure.
EDIT: I think I found it, had missed to check a trigger. Should be fine now.
EDIT2: Forgot to mention, when you win/lost/player leaver, it may not remove all of your units, but the score and etc should work as normal. Ill fix that and some other stuff tommorrow - its been getting late here :)
If anything major, such as the mentioned above, comes up and I see it Ill probably try to fix it.

Level 1
Are you sure your connection is good? I did not encounter such problems but I will test again just to be sure.
EDIT: I think I found it, had missed to check a trigger. Should be fine now.

Thank you :)) Its late here atm, but I will test it tomorrow with my friend and I will get back to you. Btw you didn't answer my second question, am I dl the updated version of the second map if i am taking it from your original post from "attached files" ?

Level 19
Thank you :)) Its late here atm, but I will test it tomorrow with my friend and I will get back to you. Btw you didn't answer my second question, am I dl the updated version of the second map if i am taking it from your original post from "attached files" ?

Sorry, guess I missed it. The latest version is in the attached files, yes. If the map is marked as available for testing/yellow, the latest version will be here. If it is marked as released, there will be a link next to it.
Plus, I hadnt touched the problematic trigger at all, so it couldnt be because of the version. I really should start numbering them properly, but I always forget :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 1
Sorry, guess I missed it. The latest version is in the attached files, yes. If the map is marked as available for testing/yellow, the latest version will be here. If it is marked as released, there will be a link next to it.
Plus, I hadnt touched the problematic trigger at all, so it couldnt be because of the version. I really should start numbering them properly, but I always forget :ogre_hurrhurr:

Hi there, I tested it with my friend just now, the bug i mentioned is fixed and everything is fine until the first gateway. When we take it the player who is not the host gets dc'ed ( our connection is stable, we tested it a few times :D ) . So basically the same problem as the one in the start of the mission.

Level 19
Hi there, I tested it with my friend just now, the bug i mentioned is fixed and everything is fine until the first gateway. When we take it the player who is not the host gets dc'ed ( our connection is stable, we tested it a few times :D ) . So basically the same problem as the one in the start of the mission.

I'll fix it as soon as I can. The problem was an action in the trigger that causes de-sync. When I fix it I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Fixed it, and other similar ones. Attachment updated.

Last edited:
Level 1
I just wanted to thank you for continuing this. Me and a friend has been waiting anxiously for any sort of update from thespoon, and we were really sad when we realized he suddenly disappeared from the internet. Again, a sincere thanks from us and also a lot of other lurkers who downloads these maps! :)

Level 1
I'll fix it as soon as I can. The problem was an action in the trigger that causes de-sync. When I fix it I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Fixed it, and other similar ones. Attachment updated.

Ty mate :)) I will test it today with my friend and I will edit this post when we are done to tell you more info about the map. Cheers !

Level 19
Sounds really interesting. I noticed though, Searing arrows is duration based? Or is that CnP text leftovers? xD

Woops, that has to be damage, I remember it was really late when I was making that.

I just wanted to thank you for continuing this. Me and a friend has been waiting anxiously for any sort of update from thespoon, and we were really sad when we realized he suddenly disappeared from the internet. Again, a sincere thanks from us and also a lot of other lurkers who downloads these maps! :)

Thank you, I appreciate that :)

Level 1
Ty mate :)) I will test it today with my friend and I will edit this post when we are done to tell you more info about the map. Cheers !

Done testing ; all is working fine with the exception of the last cinematic ; it does not end. The units walk to the corner of the screen and the game summary does not appear. As if the trigger Cinematic Mode Off is not there. As a direct result we did not get the code for the next mission. Everything else looks and plays stellar ! Did not encounter any other bugs. Great job !

P.S. We tested on insane mode only.

Level 19
Done testing ; all is working fine with the exception of the last cinematic ; it does not end. The units walk to the corner of the screen and the game summary does not appear. As if the trigger Cinematic Mode Off is not there. As a direct result we did not get the code for the next mission. Everything else looks and plays stellar ! Did not encounter any other bugs. Great job !

P.S. We tested on insane mode only.

Yeah, just found that out too. Updated the attachment with the fix, I hope there arent anymore major bugs.

Also, I tested it with a random, who had maphack. The map appeared to disregard ANY delays of any kind. For some reason the -new didnt work, too, but there werent any bugs in the triggers.

Level 3
Thank u for continuating work of Spoon :d very much people wait for this on Gameranger and a lot of my friends :D Hope u will end this and work on other campaings too :)

Level 3
Yes, I am but I've been busy lately, so progress is a bit slow.

Oh, reasonable. Hope you finish it soon. :)

I started working on the TFT Scourge Campaign, but people showed no interest at all for the thread, so I don't think I'll upload it here at all.

Level 1
Good luck, Gismo369, I'm eager to play the whole 2P RoC and I'm very glad that you're working on it! Hope I'll help with testing soon.

Level 2
Oh, reasonable. Hope you finish it soon. :)

I started working on the TFT Scourge Campaign, but people showed no interest at all for the thread, so I don't think I'll upload it here at all.

Of course people are interested in it. There are just far too many threads, so it's hard to keep track, what is done, what is under development and what is cancelled. It would be best, to update this thread, since it's the first one found by Google. The thread, we are currently talking, was at the end of a long chain of desperate attempts to find the night elven campaign.

EDIT: And I am really happy, the development of the project is not dead :)

Level 19
If I could, I would. But it ain't that easy.

On another note, I've been getting back into the swing of things so I'll probably be finishing up the 2nd chapter and focusing more on the 3rd soon. I'll probably change Shandris' first ability, yet again, because it just doesnt fit. I hate doing archer spells.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Please keep working on this. The RoC campaigns are by far the most fun to play 2p since there is the tech tree progression with each chapter. I cannot endorse your work on this enough! Please, make sure you'll finish it :).

Level 1
I've just tested missons 1 and 2, on normal difficulty.
First of all, -new doesn't work in 2nd mission, that's why I started from the 1st one :) 1st seems great and complete.
2nd mission seem to have no major bugs expect non-working -new. I can only mention that:
1) rank system suspects to be broken (I got rank A for the second mission and total rank E for two missions, while I've completed 2nd mission decently);
2) I got 0/20 units survived while there was about ten survivors;
3) Mission suspects to start too late: I've got 3 "time-circles" after the start while in original campaign there's the very start of night when you start mission.

So, good luck with the 3rd mission! Let me recommend to use 2nd mission hero for the 3rd one, because Shandris looks a bit overpowered and because you said you don't like working with her. Anyway, 2nd hero doesn't mean much IMHO, so you don't have to worry about "doesn't fit" stuff a lot :)

Level 19
Thank you for the feedback, Ive fixed the -new and over ranks bugs. About the surviving units, I guess it didnt count units when they are hidden, so I moved it before that. The time was reversed, so it should start later on insane mode rather than on normal mode and its fixed. Unfortunately I couldnt test it today, I've been busy preparing for school lately, hopefully I will have some more free time next week.

Oh, and about the second hero - I dont dislike working with Shandris, I just dont like having to think of spells for archers, because it seems so limited (in this case). I think they should fit, atleast for the most part because its a campaign after all. I'll also try to tinker with the spells a bit more for balance but I wont be changing them anymore, except the lightning one.

Level 19
Any news?

Yep, I just uploaded another beta of the second mission, its almst finished but I'm not sure about the names, I may return to them and change them (yet again,).

I also released another version of the first chapter, replacing "Purging Arrow" with a "Power Shot" - basically a skillshot that deals damage and stuns.

I've also started to use zinc in the maps, soo if anyone wants to open them, they would need JNGP. Right now I've done only a few spells with it, but eventually(when I finish all maps, probably) I plan to do all systems, and maybe the blizzard triggers as well. Hopefully that wont break anything, if I end up doing it.

Level 2
I don't know what zinc is but it sounds great. I'm glad to see you are still working on this :) We haven't reached this far with my W3 buddy yet but we'll get here eventually to enjoy your maps

Level 19
Well, I fixed the wrong tooltips, icons, names, etc of the buffs and spells, also fixed the ballista model and name, and allowed to hit trees like it used to. Fixed the cinematic skippping, players not being able to see each others units when shadowmelded. Also, apparently, the color in the map name didnt actually work, I though it did, fixed.

I think its pretty much done, but I'll be testing a bit tommorrow just in case there is something. I also have a small update to the first part, but that'll come tommorrow. I hope I didnt forget something, its becoming a habit lately.

These projects need exposure.

exposure?

Level 1
That's great that we now have two well-balanced and bug-free missions! Waiting for the third one to test :)

Level 1
I kinda doubt it -- I have a bad understanding of balance.
Heh, c'mon, I meant good reworked maps. Actually I shouldn't mention the word "balance" in campaign :) Anyway, just would like to thank you for the good job and inspire the continuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.