• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thanks for the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I went through my old posts and threads today and I must say I've probably grown up quite a bit from since when I first signed up. I still don't like giving out person details but lets say I did sign up to this site when I was very young. However the amount of joy this site has given me over the years is tremendous and I miss quite a few people that I will probably never talk to again. This isn't a goodbye thread or anything just want to write about my time during my stay here.

This site has given me a few realizations over the years and especially things to do with my own mortality. After seeing threads about hive members moving on to the next life it did sort of make me sad. You know this site was a great place where I enjoyed reading all sorts of things and downloading models and skins and icons to put inside my giant folder for later use. I hopefully did make a few friends on the way but I don't really contribute much to this site anymore, I just browse through occasionally seeing what's going on.

I may not have contributed much in the terms of content like skins and models but I did try to with two skins (a troll and a CryptFiend one). Both of which were not accepted although I'm not sad about that at all since I made them when I was very young and I'm infact very proud of myself. Also made 3 pretty bad icons I must say (thank god those also rejected :p).

It's good to still see that the site is still running and that the layout is still is the same as when I signed up which gives me a sort of nostalgia sort of feel to it. I'll continue to pop and read a few threads not posting very often just lurking around! I still have this site bookmarked as well so that's definitely going to happen!

So in conclusion guys. Thanks for being on the greatest communities I've ever been a part of! I miss a lot of you! I just thought I should show my appreciation of this website and what it means to me! I'm not leaving though.

P.S I'm not sure where to actually post this teehee.

Roland

R

Roland

Such a touching 1st post. Well, I hope that this community will cherish our enjoyments here :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
I'll try maybe to get on chat a bit more if I find the time to. Being an Aussie doesn't help me out with peak times and stuff for activity.

It's touching to see that there are a lot of people who feel the same way about the Hive. I must say it was indeed quite emotional to write the post as it caused me to be on the verge of tears just the memories flooding me.

But yeah, The Hive Workshop will forever remain on my bookmarks just even as a reminder of what it has given me :)

Level 22
Well, I joined the site when I was a little child (physically
and emotionally
) who only knew simple English and mess around with some poor quality maps.

Honestly, I forgot why did I sign up on the first place, but I remember that it was EpicWar's "Affiliates" link that brought me to the Hive. I was known as Soviet655 (eww, what an ugly and commie-bandit name, I was ashamed of it).

And I began uploading some crappy maps and campaigns, but all of them are rejected because of shitty quality. One of them is what gives me the idea of two much better (yet unfinished) campaigns, UltraCraft and MegaCraft. It was about some sort of mixing C&C and Warcraft together, but it was poorly executed and the lore sucked, due to my mind being naive at the time. Many users gave advices and constructive criticisms but I was bad-tempered and began flaming and even down-rating a map. (I am still sorry about this) I was jealous, and want to upload a decent map.

Out of vanity and jealousy (oh, how naive and childish was I), I
stole a map named "Hungry Hungry Felhounds" and put it on the Hive, claiming that it was mine. And, of course it was rejected.

I was feeling hurt and I left the Hive again, until 2013 CE (too bad I missed the Great Drama, but I think that could be a blessing in disguise). I returned, and looking at the red gem, as well as those criticizing VMs, I was ashamed of myself.

I bumped onto someone by the name of knight820 (is this the right spelling?), and we began chatting. I asked him how to delete with those VMs (I was a noob), he laughed for awhile but nevertheless he taught me. He also helped me to reintegrate into the community and redeem myself from my naive sins of the past.

I introduced UltraCraft in the map development forums, and some were impressed by my unique ideas. However, I've scrapped it and replaced it with MegaCraft...

Sometime during 2014 CE, I've browsing in the Social Groups section and found RACC -- the Hive Miracle (of the future) out of chance. I joined the group and we have fun. RACC is so fun to me, and the feeling of home and the a sense of community it gives is the thing that keeps me active in the Hive.

In RACC I've met many friends, like WhiteFang, Daffa the Mage, StoPCampinGn00b...... and we had go through many things here......

Level 21
Well, I joined the site when I was a little child (physically and emotionally) who only knew simple English and mess around with some poor quality maps.

Many users gave advices and constructive criticisms but I was bad-tempered and began flaming and even down-rating a map. (I am still sorry about this) I was jealous, and want to upload a decent map.

I was the same.If I could take away all that crap I did,I would
Edit:Great,I looked at some of my old stuff and now I feel crap again

Level 24

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Look at this shit(for lack of a better word):
Archimonde Supreme

Craziest thing you've done

Where you brothers?

Not only were these threads stupid and pointless,it also caused me to act ridiculous,childish and rude to a few members such as Shar Dundred,Heinvers,Chobibo and Wolffman.I still feel guilty about that

Kinda like looking back at your Facebook feed and realizing how retarded you were. Especially applies to teenagers.

Thus I never post anything (on Facebook) because I will regret it.

Level 18
There'll be years to come. I don't even know what I'm doing here.
Aside from participating in some stupid contests to put my time into something.

Oh how I miss role playing here. Oh how I miss everyone in the Kaelicious -group.
But loppy dicks like Alagremm are now long gone.

I belong to a nearly extinct species.

Status
Not open for further replies.